Summers

Mayday Parade - Out Of Here [EP] (2020)

20 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

ENJOYABLE TIME ACTIVATED. I Can Only Hope is precious. <3

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Saitama vs. Nokia.jpg

I thought this was going to be at least like 5 songs. Did not realize it was only 3 lol

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Angerbanjo said:

I thought this was going to be at least like 5 songs. Did not realize it was only 3 lol

kinda sucks for the people who bought it physically for 20 lmao

3 minutes ago, ally said:

kinda sucks for the people who bought it physically for 20 lmao

yeah really glad i did not do that, as much as i love to support artists a 3 song EP to me just, and i mean no offense, does not seem worth the cost 

11 minutes ago, Angerbanjo said:

yeah really glad i did not do that, as much as i love to support artists a 3 song EP to me just, and i mean no offense, does not seem worth the cost 

I do feel like they heavily promoted it like an album on their ig

13 minutes ago, ally said:

I do feel like they heavily promoted it like an album on their ig

I mean i get it, they need income but maybe not as bad as smaller acts but still. you promote a 3 song ep AND drop a third of it like 2-3 weeks in advance. people are gonna be hype and then at the same time let down. they could have slapped "it is what it is" on the EP and make it 4 songs lol

• Upvote 1

Mayday for me is a case similar to Escape The Fate, First EP and Album might as well have been a different band and Anywhere But Here was the last album that really hit for me

They've maintained different sounds and had a few great tracks here and there but I keep hoping with each release that I'll feel something similar to how I did with Dead Friends, Romantics, or even Anywhere and each time I'm left with barely anything that catches my attention 

Sucks cause those first 3 releases were everything to me too 

Maybe my tastes just changed in a different way than their sound did tho like no disrespect to anyone who loves everything they put out!!

• Love 1

Sad When I Think About Atlanta out now!!

love it :) 

• Love 1

Disappointed that its only 2 new songs but they're all great. I hope despite the EP's title this band doesn't go anywhere

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

Thanks.

A little bummed over the length of this, but excited to listen. Thanks for the up, as always.

eEOjWjC.gif

Kind of seems unacceptable to even release a 3 song EP as an established band in this day and age.

Surely 5 min.

Or at the very least put that one from earlier in the year on it too.

Barely worth even promoting tbh

Just listened and enjoyed it tbh

Like someone else said, to me they haven't done a whole lot for me since ABH - which is my fave by them....after that, good songs here and there but never reached those peaks levels 

This is solid

On 10/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, strawberryjellyfish said:

Mayday for me is a case similar to Escape The Fate, First EP and Album might as well have been a different band and Anywhere But Here was the last album that really hit for me

They've maintained different sounds and had a few great tracks here and there but I keep hoping with each release that I'll feel something similar to how I did with Dead Friends, Romantics, or even Anywhere and each time I'm left with barely anything that catches my attention 

Sucks cause those first 3 releases were everything to me too 

Maybe my tastes just changed in a different way than their sound did tho like no disrespect to anyone who loves everything they put out!!

I really loved Black Lines and how they went into a slightly heavier kind of sound and wish they kind of still did that every once in a while instead of the more country styles they put on sunnyland

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Angerbanjo said:

I really loved Black Lines and how they went into a slightly heavier kind of sound and wish they kind of still did that every once in a while instead of the more country styles they put on sunnyland

I don't think Sunnyland has any more country styles at all, if anything Sunnyland was a much larger return to form along the lines of Self Titled and Anywhere But Here 

On 10/16/2020 at 4:37 AM, Exsanguination45 said:

Kind of seems unacceptable to even release a 3 song EP as an established band in this day and age.

Surely 5 min.

Or at the very least put that one from earlier in the year on it too.

Barely worth even promoting tbh

Lol at unacceptable :lol:

On 10/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, Angerbanjo said:

I actually own every cd they've put out up to Black Lines and between the self titled and Monsters In The Closet I only liked a few songs that really gave me classic vibes like Stay, When You See My Friends, Last Night For A Table Of Two, and Hold Onto Me however I did really enjoy the freshness of Black Lines and how they approached a fairly new, darker sound for them it reminded me of an evolved more mature version of that little bit of a punch they had on Tales Told By Dead Friends, and A Lesson In Romantics 

They really arent a bad band at all by any means it's just the chemistry they had with Jason was super special and the first EP and first two albums are just so classic from front to back that it makes it hard for me to love anything else they've done as much 

Maybe it's a nostalgia factor but songs like One Man Drinking Games, If You Wanted A Song Written About You, and If You Cant Live Without Me just move me in a way that remains unmatched 

Sad When I Think About Atlanta out now!!