Cosmic Reaper

Five Finger Death Punch - A Decade of Destruction Vol. 2 (2020)

20 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

My inner truck driver vibes is RAGING

• Haha 5

I don't give a fuck what anyone says the first two albums were amazing and even American Capitalist was decent before they turned into Heavy Nickelback.  Way of the Fist was Pantera-lite and had some killer riffage.  War is the Answer was more of a radio metal album but had a bunch of decent deeper cuts.  The Tragic Truth bonus track that's on here from American Capitalist's iTunes edition is one of their best tracks ever.  I hate the sound they developed with Wrong Side of Heaven but they took a step back in the right direction with the new F8 record.  I literally cannot remember anything from the two records before it though, completely phoned in.  Hoping Prospect Park forced them to make that shitty radio rock because they finally seem to be driven again after changing labels.  And even if you don't like FFDP, check out Ivan's old band Motograter which was like a industrial Slipknot.  He refuses to talk about it anymore lmao but some of those tracks were awesome.  Been wanting to write this out for awhile but never had the excuse lmao

inb4 college thesis for monster energy the band

• Upvote 6

My question is whatever happened to them being signed to Rise that Zoltan mentioned before the lawsuit with the last label was over? 

• Upvote 1

Kinda pointless, new song is good tho

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

bro what the fuck just finished listening to it and Broken World has a different screaming style from Ivan than usual... the whole fucking thing is almost thrash, almost sounds like a Way of the Fist b-side.  I'm gonna fucking cooooooom

Edit: Apparently Chris handles the screams there I am big dumb.  Fitting he sounds straight out of Amon Amarth lmao

Edited by throwaway007
big gae edit cause smol brain
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I probably say this everytime they drop new music but theres always just certain aspects of the vocals that I cant like the intro to Jekyll and Hyde.. It feels too much to me like an ignorant hillbilly version of slipknot like really that's the only way I can think to explain it

However aside from those moments some of the vocals are pretty sick and so are the instrumentals, if it wasnt ignorant hillbilly vibes they could be an enjoyable normal slipknot vibe band for me but every time I hear this dude yellin "I'm so god damn mother fuckin pissed right now and wanna punch someone in the mother fuckin eye" into the phone followed by "oh ee oh ee oh" I'm just like naw bro 

Really sucks cause every track has just as many amazing parts as cringy parts and It makes it so hard to enjoy what could be so damn good 

• Haha 1

Sad When I Think About Atlanta out now!!

Nice, definitely looking forward to another new album! Thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

4 hours ago, Cosmic Reaper said:

Bad Company (The Five Finger Dim Mak Steve Aoki Remix) (4:24)

what lmao

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

New song Broken World is awesome!

• Upvote 1

Can we AT LEAST appreciate the direction they took on "Broken World"? One of their greater songs, next to "The Tragic Truth"

thanks

I'm gonna ask my dad if I can borrow his pickup truck...then maybe buy a monster or something idk

• Haha 2

So the beginning of Broken World had me. I thought maybe another Ballad and I was like meh. Then Bam! Fuck, this is what I'm talking about! I am so glad they are out of that awful record label. Doing their own shit. Their music has most definitely improved. This shit brings me back to The Way of The Fist days. 

PSP JEsus.gif

@throwaway007 FFDP's first album is by far the best, unfortunately they went down hill from there with some okay songs strewn about here and there. Motograter is awesome though, and i wish Ivan still had that rawness to him. Ghost Machine was pretty cool too.

On 10/8/2020 at 6:40 AM, throwaway007 said:

I don't give a fuck what anyone says the first two albums were amazing and even American Capitalist was decent before they turned into Heavy Nickelback.  Way of the Fist was Pantera-lite and had some killer riffage.  War is the Answer was more of a radio metal album but had a bunch of decent deeper cuts.  The Tragic Truth bonus track that's on here from American Capitalist's iTunes edition is one of their best tracks ever.  I hate the sound they developed with Wrong Side of Heaven but they took a step back in the right direction with the new F8 record.  I literally cannot remember anything from the two records before it though, completely phoned in.  Hoping Prospect Park forced them to make that shitty radio rock because they finally seem to be driven again after changing labels.  And even if you don't like FFDP, check out Ivan's old band Motograter which was like a industrial Slipknot.  He refuses to talk about it anymore lmao but some of those tracks were awesome.  Been wanting to write this out for awhile but never had the excuse lmao

inb4 college thesis for monster energy the band

Also who the hell asked for these "remixes" they are AWFUL. Why was that necessary? Also how is Sham Pain on their greatest hits, that song sucks!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HaraXSyn said:

@throwaway007 FFDP's first album is by far the best, unfortunately they went down hill from there with some okay songs strewn about here and there. Motograter is awesome though, and i wish Ivan still had that rawness to him. Ghost Machine was pretty cool too.

Also who the hell asked for these "remixes" they are AWFUL. Why was that necessary? Also how is Sham Pain on their greatest hits, that song sucks!

the record label says this record is for their radio hits, not greatest hits

Probably late but Andy James as the new FFDP guitar player? That's a game changer. No cookie cutter solos and riffs anymore. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

PSP JEsus.gif

"Broken World" is fantastic, and totally reminiscent of their first two albums. Those screams, tho....they went heavier there for sure, and I'm ALL for it. Is that really Ivan's harsh vox? Can hardly tell, only a bit. Enjoyed his harsh vox before, love them now lol

On 10/8/2020 at 5:40 AM, throwaway007 said:

monster energy the band

I skipped that whole comment causr reasons but this but made me laugh out loud thanks.

also this band sucks but I just like coming here to bands like this' threads for the comments.

• Haha 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."