mR12

Childish Gambino - "Awaken, My Love!" (2016)

40 posts in this topic

gallery_565_3_18924.jpg

Leaked

Release - December 2, 2016

Genre - Hip-Hop, R&B, Soul, Funk

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Me and Your Mama (6:19)

02. Have Some Love (3:44)

03. Boogieman (3:36)

04. Zombies (4:41)

05. Riot (2:05)

06. Redbone (5:26)

07. California (2:45)

08. Terrified (4:15)

09. Baby Boy (6:22)

10. The Night Me and Your Mama Met (3:34)

11. Stand Tall (6:10)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Love 5

FEATURED ALBUM • THE COLOURIST // SELF-TITLED • Indie Rock
DOWNLOAD

Other Releases by

Thanks! Been looking forward to hearing this!  :like:

Listening now, this is really fucking interesting

I tried, but just don't get why people like this. It's just awful to me. I can't be the only one

I won't even try to get into this album (unless it randomly clicks), the sound is just not for me, I'm happy for him going for experimentation like this, seems like he executed it well and with nice diversity. Back to Because The Internet, his absolute peak :D

• Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

320, FLAC and true V0 added!

DOWNLOAD

Ouuf i love childish but this one just isn't for me.

I'm gonna go in with an open mind and hope I like it. Because The Internet was amazing, but I know this is going to be nothing like that. 

I tried, but just don't get why people like this. It's just awful to me. I can't be the only one

As a fan of '70s funk/soul and funk rock I think he nails those sounds in the first half of the album, and then goes into some really beautiful soulful jams in the second half. The instrumentation and production is executed flawlessly, and Gambino has really blossomed as a singer. It's definitely not for everyone, but I think the appeal for fans of some genres is pretty obvious.

• Love 1

I'm liking the second half of the album (Redbone and on) alot more than the first half. Terrified is amazing, and probably the closest feel to older Gambino songs. And Stand Tall shows how much his voice has improved haha.

Would've been good to see a mix of rap/singing/soul mixed together and changing the beats up a bit, but he's going for a very different direction. 

Will definitely take a couple more listens to get into it.

• Love 1

As a fan of '70s funk/soul and funk rock I think he nails those sounds in the first half of the album, and then goes into some really beautiful soulful jams in the second half. The instrumentation and production is executed flawlessly, and Gambino has really blossomed as a singer. It's definitely not for everyone, but I think the appeal for fans of some genres is pretty obvious.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Really really good soul / funk album. Nothing like his previous albums but I'm not upset, this is great. I wouldn't mind a followup to Because the Internet but I am fine waiting :P

• Love 1

Hey so I noticed almost everyone likes the same three songs the most, even me, so is that a good thing or a fuck up on his part? If the same three songs stand out for most that is.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Reading this gets me excited, this has to be great

• Love 2

welp I get on and see this was uploaded but the links are down. 

how do i listen to it??

Oh man... where do I start...

How about: do you know how to download the file?

• Haha 1

DOWNLOAD

Oh man... where do I start...

How about: do you know how to download the file?

lol no not really. just saw the link for the album and was trying to listen to it

lol no not really. just saw the link for the album and was trying to listen to it

Check your PMs

DOWNLOAD

SO hyped for this, glad this release shows a totally different side to the donald

• Love 2

This is fucking awesome, i hope people on here can spot the massive influence from The "Funkadelic" so good, feelin the groove

and if you haven't heard of the "Funkadelic" check out Maggot brain you will not be disappointed. 

• Love 2

This is absolutely amazing, Baby Boy and Stand Tall are like the two songs of the year. I've been feeling it since Me and Your Mama but I really think this will put him on the map as a legit artist. stay woke

Ahhhh yes, thank you so much! I'm lovin' it. Such amazing grooves.

This is fucking awesome, i hope people on here can spot the massive influence from The "Funkadelic" so good, feelin the groove

and if you haven't heard of the "Funkadelic" check out Maggot brain you will not be disappointed. 

Second this.

• Love 2