967-EVIL

Corey Taylor - CMFT (2020)

34 posts in this topic

CMFT CAN'T BE STOPPED!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This right here is exactly the type of cringe I needed today.

thank you Kanye, very cool

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Ban 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Corey Taylor best Singer 

• Haha 1

Its...really not good in my opinion.  Sounds all over the place - no consistency. Home sounds like another attempt at a Snuff/ZZYZX Road and it just doesn't work for me.

A vinyl for the shelf but I think that will be it tbh. Disappointing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Worst record corey has done. 

• Upvote 6
  • Ban 1

Meh it's nothing special. It's different and feels unexpected since we're so used to Corey's heavier pursuits. But no song really sticks out for me (other than the two singles). There's no consistency in style or direction, which some people might like. It's a mediocre effort, which is surprising considering Corey's talent and experiences.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So.... I see the word cringe. Is it even worth the 2 seconds to extract the file?

• Upvote 2

Certainly not Slipknot/Stone Sour level of quality but it is his first actual solo record, I believe. It's good casual listening and it's cool hearing something a little different from Corey. 

• Upvote 1

Really dug everything I've heard so far. Looking forward to the pre-order!! Thank you for posting.

• Upvote 1

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

RAPPERS WERE SINGING AND ROCKERS DJING. oh wait wrong artist lmao.

3 hours ago, Timburr said:

Worst record corey has done. 

By far. I like Corey but this is terrible, 1 or 2 songs are ok. 

• Upvote 5

Oof. This may go down as the most cringe album of the year. Only OK song is culture head. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have always thought of Cory and Slipknot as very overrated. I do like Slipknot a lot, but not as much as many of the other Nu bands of the 90s. I never really cared for Stone Sour but that is admittedly way better than this. I really hate this. I cant even believe this is a thing, what, are we being punked? It has to be a joke right?  

• Upvote 5

The theme and album title are on a level of stupid usually reserved for hip-hop 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Favorite tracks: Everybody Dies On My Birthday, Culture Head, CMFT Must Be Stopped, and Silverfish

Tracks I liked: Hwy 666, Black Eyes Blue, The Maria Fire

Meh Tracks: The rest of the album

There's nothing really bad on this album imo but, alot of this album feels very hollow and lifeless. This album definitely could've been way better, but glad Corey at least had fun making this. Overall. 6/10

ezgif-4-691fb700c39e.gif.3ecc240b91235490915e500fd7210f2a.gif

5 hours ago, MechanicalAnimal said:

Meh it's nothing special. It's different and feels unexpected since we're so used to Corey's heavier pursuits. But no song really sticks out for me (other than the two singles). There's no consistency in style or direction, which some people might like. It's a mediocre effort, which is surprising considering Corey's talent and experiences.

There was never supposed to be consistency. It’s not an album meant to be an “album” per say

it’s more of a compilation of Corey showing what styles he loves. Which, it sounds exactly like that Lol

High hopes, but ready for the meh.

HWY 666, now thats how you start an album

Yeah I might be skipping this one, I love Corey but everyone I know who's heard this thing didn't like it and I'm sick of hearing the singles on XM Octane

15 hours ago, blakewarford said:

There was never supposed to be consistency. It’s not an album meant to be an “album” per say

it’s more of a compilation of Corey showing what styles he loves. Which, it sounds exactly like that Lol

Sure and I know and get that. Which is why I said that works for some people. I wouldn't mind it if I connected with the songs more, but nothing really stood out to me.

"It’s going to be the best ’90s album ever. That’s the only way I can really describe it. Some of it is a reflection of being sick and tired of this nutless rock’n’roll I’ve seen lately that is real soft. I like my rock’n’roll to kick me in the fucking nuts.”

So much for that.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

This isn't an album for fans of Slipknot and Stonesour, obviously Corey didn't want to replicate the same music he's playing with the before mentioned bands, he just wanted to have some fun after a difficult period. On the positive side he proved he is a versatile vocalist who could approach unexpected styles if you consider his work with  Slipknot. Compositions, however, are not great, as I said,  it's obvious that Corey and his mates just wanted to have fun and sound it. Overall the album is worth listening, might cheering you up in a dark world we live these days. 

• Upvote 2

i saw the word cringe and it makes me question myself if i'm still gonna download it or nah

• Confused 1

On 10/4/2020 at 1:43 AM, miurinyx said:

i saw the word cringe and it makes me question myself if i'm still gonna download it or nah

C R I N G E     :^)