Michael

Melanie Martinez - After School (EP) (2020)

26 posts in this topic

After School EP.jpg

Leaked
Release - September 25, 2020
Genre - Art Pop, Dark Pop, Electropop
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

1. Notebook (02:31)
2. Test Me (02:55)
3. Brain & Heart (03:23)
4. Numbers (04:39)
5. Glued (03:13)
6. Field Trip (03:01)
7. The Bakery (02:35)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Ban 3

Ci9F4aT.jpg      bCKeHSZ.jpg      obsJ5Mr.jpg      bjt89HR.jpg
*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*
**Interested in becoming a Provider? Visit this link to find out how!**

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 
June 5, 1990 - August 25, 2018

"Will I be remembered or will I be lost in loving eyes?"

Other Releases by

Poor fire drill

Sig-2.png

Ooh, didn't know about this one.  Love the two full lengths, expect to love this also.

• Upvote 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

her music becomes worse with every single release. poor artistic growth... she never heard about that, i guess

• Upvote 3

this literally is better than k-12

• Upvote 1

Sig-2.png

Will she ever leave grade school? Signs point to no.

• Haha 3

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

9 minutes ago, bananarampage said:

Will she ever leave grade school? Signs point to no.

It's a theme.

• Upvote 1

*Requests are reserved for Donators only. To learn about donating or donator perks, please visit this link.*

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 

didn't hear it yet but I love it already

• Upvote 1

well i know what i'm not listening to today

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

her music becomes worse with every single release. poor artistic growth... she never heard about that, i guess

Yeah, imagine having such a good album like Crybaby is and then creating monotone K-12 and AS. Feels bad, tbh

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Complete letdown... not sure what she was trying to do with this ep, but K-12 was stellar! ...as well as the somewhat recent Fire Drill and Play Date singles. There’s no break in these songs. It’s as if she’s just “talking” through them, almost like Spoken Word. Extremely lacking...

This is pretty nifty, cool little EP

Thank you for this leak. I've already listened to every song and I love it. My only problem with them is that they're way too short, except for numbers, that one is the perfect length, 2 minutes isn't enough to get into a song IMO. 

8 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

WOW the *opposite* is truuee!! The first album was a meh debut, and 'K-12' with it's gnarly visual component/accompaniment of the film is awesome in overall effect,; as music only, the album still has close-to-exactly-balanced handfuls of 5/5-, 4/5-, and 3/5-star tracks. 

On first impression of this new EP, only 2 tracks of the 7 here are below that same quality as the best ones on 'K-12'. 

it feels like i'm supposed to like this, but i just don't.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, dominicb said:

well i know what i'm not listening to today

I know I post on stuff I have no intentions on listening to. 

• Love 1

R.I.P. Kyle Pavone 

just quickly heard the EP on YouTube and

yeah just as I expected it's not very good

I like the production here and there though

@original_lifeline 

On 9/24/2020 at 10:03 AM, original_lifeline said:

Disagree. I thought k-12 was her best album. Lyrically it's addicting. Couldn't get into cry baby lol

• Upvote 1

Bakery absolutely slaps.

What... WTF is this?!  I haven't been this confused since Man on a Buffalo...

haven't followed melanie properly since crybaby and i still very much love that full length. K-12 just wasn't it for me since most songs sounded kinda same-y but goddamn she pulled through with this EP. i loved crybaby because of how many different textures and feelings each track had. and she's always nailed the whole "each song has a theme" thing based on the names. whilst her vocals aren't as developed as they were in crybaby and this EP gives me more lo-fi hip-hop vibes to me especially with field trip, it shows that she has matured and not making everything sound whiny with her vocals. the bakery, field trip and test me are my favourites thus far. good stuff, melanie. good to see her back on her shit despite what had happened to her before.

I absolutely loved Cry Baby, it's even one of my favorite albums regardless of the genre, and I had high expectations for K-12. I've been pretty much disappointed by this album, and when I saw this EP released, I joked with my friend saying "I'm sure there will be at least one good song".

Well I liked one song, Brain & Heart, and the rest felt really bland to me. I'll give it a second try, but I'm not expecting a lot of improvement

6 minutes ago, Kalthoreil said:

I absolutely loved Cry Baby, it's even one of my favorite albums regardless of the genre, and I had high expectations for K-12. I've been pretty much disappointed by this album, and when I saw this EP released, I joked with my friend saying "I'm sure there will be at least one good song".

Well I liked one song, Brain & Heart, and the rest felt really bland to me. I'll give it a second try, but I'm not expecting a lot of improvement

While I like all of her stuff, I think almost everyone will agree Cry Baby is the peak of the quality mountain.

• Upvote 1

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

On 9/30/2020 at 1:20 AM, SpecialAgentCooper said:

While I like all of her stuff, I think almost everyone will agree Cry Baby is the peak of the quality mountain.

Imo, this was an excellent album, but I have seen a lot of people spitting on it and preferring K-12 for its more theatrical appealing

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kalthoreil said:

Imo, this was an excellent album, but I have seen a lot of people spitting on it and preferring K-12 for its more theatrical appealing

Honestly, I really think it's all pretty solid.  I'm glad she is able to explore different sounds while still kind of retaining her overall theme and approach.  I do think Cry Baby has the most memorable songs from a hook perspective.

• Upvote 1

banner2.jpg

6 hours ago, SpecialAgentCooper said:

Honestly, I really think it's all pretty solid.  I'm glad she is able to explore different sounds while still kind of retaining her overall theme and approach.  I do think Cry Baby has the most memorable songs from a hook perspective.

I suppose you're talking about K-12. I'm personally not a fan of it, I feel like she tried way too much to force a vibe throughout the album, when it was more natural (once again, imo) on Cry Baby