Michael

IDLES - Ultra Mono (2020)

31 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

oh IDLES how I love you so...

• Upvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Thanks! Stoked to check this one out based on what I've heard from past releases.

"When this evening started I was feeling so dump trucks, but now it's like 100 forklifts!"

banner2.jpg

thank you kingdom leaks.

thank you idles.

this album fuckin rules. 

the end. 

This energy fucks. Haaard.

jpUJCRq.gif

There's some good shit in here and I think once I give it a few more spins I'll be even more into it. 

Not entirely sure anything on here tops tracks like 1049 Gotho, Never Fight a Man With A Perm, Mother or Faith in the City though. 

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

I feel like I've been run over by a train. Fooled the shit out of me by dropping A Hymn as a single (loved it and it's even better in context, don't get me wrong), everything other than that song is an assault on the senses. The entire album is insane, and Reigns and Danke are fucking monumental.

Oh damn, wasn't expecting it until Thursday. Thank you, singles slapped and I can't wait to check out the rest

None of the singles really grabbed me (I only listened to each once or twice so I wouldn't be sick of them) so I hope the album delivers....

GROUNDS is pretty epic.... cant wait to hear this.

Already have my preorder vinyl on lock

Why is Danke only 3:34? It should be 5:12.

• Upvote 1

after a full listen this is my favorite Idles record hands down, really fun album

Your local Crazy Band Guy

The first six songs are wild, they don't really lower the intensity, not even "Mr. Motivator".
After that, the album leaves that intensity a little bit, it's still loud, but it feels a little different.
It still works, it's very nice, and when you least realize it, the album ends, I would love for "Danke" to last longer, I feel like it ends very abruptly.

On first listen I really like this record. Still not a fan of how they write some of their hooks. I always feel like their on the edge of something great but then they retreat into something more familiar. Gets kinda repetitive. but I do like this more than their previous album. Model village, war, and danke are definite standouts. 

@The Blur danke could’ve had a five minute build like colossus. I honestly don’t even think it needed lyrics. The riffs absolutely carry the entire track. I’ve love to see them feature their guitarists more on the next record. They’ve proven their versatility and imo deserve more time to shine. I had low expectations for this album but I’m happy it’s actually super solid even on first listen

Danke is not even complete, wait until tomorrow or friday.

1 hour ago, only_entirely said:

@The Blur danke could’ve had a five minute build like colossus. I honestly don’t even think it needed lyrics. The riffs absolutely carry the entire track. I’ve love to see them feature their guitarists more on the next record. They’ve proven their versatility and imo deserve more time to shine. I had low expectations for this album but I’m happy it’s actually super solid even on first listen

In fact, there is a YouTube video of a concert in December 2019, they play "Danke" and it lasts 4:20 approximately.
You can listen to a one more "complete" song, on the album I feel like it ends very suddenly, I really like what they did in this song and I agree, it probably doesn't even need lyrics.

I think the same, Idles have very good things, that make this genre of post-punk or rock-punk, it doesn't sound so monotonous, but as you mentioned, they also have more familiar things hahaha
For example, "Kill Them With Kidness" has a very basic riff, very ... typical, but as the song progresses there are "ornaments" (sorry, I don't know if that's the right word, I'm not very expert) in guitar and that really add a bonus to the song and it gets fucking wild.
But then "A Hymn" or "Carcinogenic" comes along and they don't feel the same, they're not bad, but from what you know Idles can do, you can feel like they're missing something.

I would pay for a 100% instrumental Idles album, the guitarists of this band have a lot of potential.

6 minutes ago, Serif1993 said:

Danke is not even complete, wait until tomorrow or friday.

In fact, for a few months the duration of the songs has appeared on the internet and "Danke" appears with the duration of 3:34, it seems somewhat strange to me, I would bet anything that there is an error there and the band does not know it.

@The Blur Hmm it is indeed strange, wikipedia says 3:34 but official Partisan Records site says 5:21, I guess we'll see, either tomorrow or on friday.

5 hours ago, Serif1993 said:

@The Blur Hmm it is indeed strange, wikipedia says 3:34 but official Partisan Records site says 5:21, I guess we'll see, either tomorrow or on friday.

"rate your music" says 5.21 too, and the track does suddenly cut off, although artists have used this "suddenly switching the music off" technique before  of course.

I found Joy As An Act of Resistance quite tame and not for me compared to Brutalism so I hope this is closer to the latter and not the former

Any possibility of updating this so we get the full version of Danke?

8 minutes ago, Serif1993 said:

Any possibility of updating this so we get the full version of Danke?

this is the full version of Danke, whatever Partisan had on their site was a goof

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, serafina said:

this is the full version of Danke, whatever Partisan had on their site was a goof

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Very weird.

FLAC added!

• Upvote 1

johnny booth.gif

Can't download from mixdrop :(

Thanks for putting the FLAC in passtheleak!

Thanks <3

The suburban people who love to pretend to be working class will fuck with this album heavily

That aside, it's like Brutalism but with more aggressive drumlines and riffs, and less awkward lyrics. Me likey