Summers

10 Years - Violent Allies (2020)

19 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I'll be the first to admit I was nervous about this album. The three singles were all very good but didn't really stand up to their other material for me, excluding The Unknown which came at a time of immense uncertainty and fear in the world. The music video was a ray of light in the dark and the general positivity of that song really struck a chord for me.

While I do really miss the heaviness of their previous work (Birth to Burial is one of my faves), this album delivers with hooks and amazing riffs that have the heavy edge I'm looking for. How to Live as Ghosts was one of the most infectious albums I've ever listened to and embodied my last Fall Semester of undergrad. This one seems like it will be the sound of autumn 2020. 10 Years deserves so much more recognition then they get, they are bloody consistent musicians with a rich discography.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, aMemoryMisread said:

10 Years deserves so much more recognition then they get, they are bloody consistent musicians with a rich discography.

I still think that Feeding The Wolves was their best work; I've been fading away from them ever since.  Partially because nothing they've put out has matched FTW, and partially because my tastes have scewed more metalcore.

• Upvote 2

def listening to this bad boy early, can't wait until tmrw lmao. thank you!!!! I'm hoping its as good as I expect

• Upvote 1

Finally! Just finished listening to it for the second time. It's a heavier progression from their last album. It's The Autumn Effect meets Feed The Wolves with the production of HTLAG. 

12 solid rock songs. Not one bad song on here. Insightful lyrics with well composed hooks and melodies. The core band of Jesse, Matt and Brian is on top form here. The songs Waiting and Say Goodbye are superb.

It has been a few great weeks for rock music. We've had PVRIS, Seether, Marilyn Manson and 10 Years. All stellar albums. Hopefully Deftones deliver an amazing album next week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lefty007 said:

I still think that Feeding The Wolves was their best work; I've been fading away from them ever since.  Partially because nothing they've put out has matched FTW, and partially because my tastes have scewed more metalcore.

That's actually why I like Birth to Burial so much. A couple of the songs go hard. I listen to about 90% metalcore/hardcore now but alternative metal is my origin so I take a dive back in for the bands that I loved back in the day

GREAT Album!  These guys keep putting out good material whether its melodic or heavier sounding. "Waiting" has such a good chorus!

• Upvote 1

I used to LOOOOOVE this band. After from birth to burial and tater left they brought matt back. I thought nick ras would of brought greatness on the last record but i thought it was terrible radio rock and completely took away the edge they had. This album is DEF a BIG step in the right direction and feels like i might really enjoy it as time goes! Im glad they changed the tuning up finally!! Wish they didnt stick to the same thruout tho. I will say tho as far as instantly liking songs this album didnt do much for me. But thats after only one listen. At least its not like the last record i was cringing during first listen. My one gripe i can say for sure about this album tho is its very safe. No left turns to be found. From birth to burial was so freaking good i want tater back!! Whats ironic is when feeding the wolves came out i was saying I want matt back!! ;)  Bring on deftones and sevendust!

Was going to wait this out for my pre-order to arrive, but unfortunately that won't be till Tuesday at the earliest. So here we are, lol thanks for posting for sure, been waiting on this one!

• Upvote 1

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Dude. I love this album. Such an underrated band. Listened today all day, pre-ordered album, virtual concert ticket for tomorrow's show, and me and the wife album release shirts from the show. Can't wait til tomorrow night, im digging these virtual tours bands are doing.

1 hour ago, prsjunkie said:

I used to LOOOOOVE this band. After from birth to burial and tater left they brought matt back. I thought nick ras would of brought greatness on the last record but i thought it was terrible radio rock and completely took away the edge they had. This album is DEF a BIG step in the right direction and feels like i might really enjoy it as time goes! Im glad they changed the tuning up finally!! Wish they didnt stick to the same thruout tho. I will say tho as far as instantly liking songs this album didnt do much for me. But thats after only one listen. At least its not like the last record i was cringing during first listen. My one gripe i can say for sure about this album tho is its very safe. No left turns to be found. From birth to burial was so freaking good i want tater back!! Whats ironic is when feeding the wolves came out i was saying I want matt back!! ;)  Bring on deftones and sevendust!

when is sevendust dropping? Im out of the loop and that news made my day.

3 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

GREAT Album!  These guys keep putting out good material whether its melodic or heavier sounding. "Waiting" has such a good chorus!

theyre so underrated too

I love 10 Years <3 they never really disappoint... love listening to their tracks on the train for some reason.

Honestly, I don't think I've given a full album from these guys a listen since The Autumn Effect... which was just such a perfect album for what it was.

Digging the first few songs here though.  Guess I'll keep going. ;) 

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Honestly, I don't think I've given a full album from these guys a listen since The Autumn Effect... which was just such a perfect album for what it was.

Digging the first few songs here though.  Guess I'll keep going. ;) 

Division was good too. Second album. Theyre all good but some stand out more than others.

Oh yeah this is really good everything this band has put out has been consistently well done. This one is a good contender for album of the year for me so far.

On 9/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, Steveaux69 said:

Division was good too. Second album. Theyre all good but some stand out more than others.

But don't forget their *real* second album, "Killing All That Holds You." That one's my favourite by them.

I'm enjoying this album, too. Glad they're still making my ears happy

• Love 1

9 hours ago, ShumbDits said:

But don't forget their *real* second album, "Killing All That Holds You." That one's my favourite by them.

I'm enjoying this album, too. Glad they're still making my ears happy

Nobody talks about that either

• Upvote 1