All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Lord Kingdom

Fit for a King - The Path (2020)

152 posts in this topic

Aren't they a christian band? Got to skip it 

• Downvote 1

Other Releases by

this is... fine.  not as bad as some of you guys claim, its more streamline for sure but I don't get calling it 'mainstrem', still chugs, still grooves.. the samples and electronic touches are great.

dark skies is just a very, VERY difficult album to follow up.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Who's the girl? And does anyone know her insta?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

''Prophet, what are your words for me?
Savior, am I too blind to see?
If you can create all of the stars
Then why can’t you mend a broken heart?

Came back to say that I am loving the hell out of this album.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DekinhoDesu said:

''Prophet, what are your words for me?
Savior, am I too blind to see?
If you can create all of the stars
Then why can’t you mend a broken heart?

Came back to say that I am loving the hell out of this album.

I’m loving it too it’s good thing that I hear People like you loving the album I’m glad!😁

• Love 1

On 9/8/2020 at 5:01 PM, BlueWall said:

@BlueWall  You are delusional. They have not released the same music every two years. Pull the earwax out of your ears and actually listen, every album is a bit different. FFAK has the best sound in Metalcore

fit for a king have been releasing the same shit every 2 years and you keep listening to it 

i'm not surprised they haven't bothered innovating 

this album could be 30 hours of Kirby & Tuck sharting their jorts in a Circle K carpark and you'd call it AOTD!!!!!!!

you would literally say it's album of the decade over some 1's & 0's over some bang bang hard drummy beats

you're scum and you don't deserve any better 

there's some fried units on this site istfg

@FFAKfanRyan Right, its not always about the music either. I love this band for their message also. Their music is just the cherry on top

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TwoTabs said:

@FFAKfanRyan Right, its not always about the music either. I love this band for their message also. Their music is just the cherry on top

I love the message as well too I can relate to it!

2 hours ago, TwoTabs said:

You are delusional. They have not released the same music every two years. Pull the earwax out of your ears and actually listen, every album is a bit different. FFAK has the best sound in Metalcore

If you took two seconds to read the thread and actually take the time to use your eyes you would've seen that I was openly joking and referencing a comment from a friend of mine on a DGD thread.

FFAK are average now, you have your opinion and you've shared it and I've shared mine on this thread in an initial joke post and then a more serious review on this thread since that comment.

Don't go picking arguments for the sake of it thanks

klbanneredo-min.png

Ok I don't mean to hate but this shit sucks. It's literally just dad rock. Boring, bland, no innovation, no catchy lines. Listen for yourself. You won't make it to the end. I sure ass hell didn't.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, Pray4Plagues said:

Ok I don't mean to hate but this shit sucks. It's literally just dad rock. Boring, bland, no innovation, no catchy lines. Listen for yourself. You won't make it to the end. I sure ass hell didn't.

I disagree with you  we are entitled to our own opinions. I Think it’s amazing after listening to it several times!

I can't believe this is the band that made Tower Of Pain and Shattered Glass. The chorus on The Path is maybe the worst thing they've ever done. God Of Fire is the only memorable track for me.  

• Downvote 2

perfect description of this album yeah 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Pray4Plagues said:

you have anime pic as avatar so your opinion is garbage by default

Honestly i would be fine with them doing just EP, 1 and 10 tracks are kinda useless, 3 and 8 are forgettable aswell

Hmmmmm.....

Well it ain't as bad as some of the comments make it out to be. As a whole it's a pretty average album.

I'm definitely not into FFAK for their heavier tracks. When I want raw, heavy Metalcore I go and listen to Crystal Lake. They just do it better than everyone else.

I much prefer FFAK's more melodic anthems. Breaking the Mirror is decent but Locked in My Head was a real treat. Very reminiscent of As I Lay Dying melodies which is how I prefer my Metalcore <3

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

On 9/11/2020 at 11:12 PM, futurech said:

Aren't they a christian band? Got to skip it 

Fit For A King are Christian and have lyrics that are related to their beliefs, BUT it's far from preachy and honestly, if you didn't look them up, you'd probably wouldn't know they were of Christian faith to begin with. And as someone who isn't big on religion to begin with, there's nothing wrong with listening to a band like Fit For A King as long as it's not on the nose with their faith.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:52 AM, tragictactics said:

Who's the girl? And does anyone know her insta?

I'm not 100% positive, but from various sources, the girl on the album cover is Ryan Kirby's girlfriend/wife (not sure of his relationship status tbh).

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

It isn't perfect but overall I'd give it a 8 or 8.5 /10. The face of hate was a weak album opener and a couple songs are repetitive but overall I'll definitely listen to this more than Dark skies

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

I listened to all FFAK albums before this one (yes, right out did a discography run) and I must say this is my favorite FFAK album so far. Sure, it ain't as heavy as Dark Skies, but you cannot tell me that none of these 10 songs are catchy in some way, especially the title track that is something Skillet tries to do recently (Rise Up is their closest try doing so rn), but FFAK does it on their first attempt; a catchy and relistenable anthem.

Sure, there is radio friendly stuff on the album, but is it that bad? Locked is for many repetitive, which I clearly can understand; but one radio friendly song or album does never destroy an entire career, yanno?

But back to the album - while not their heaviest work yet, it is certainly their catchiest. There's heavy stuff (especially Vendetta...holy fuck), there's melodic stuff, there's radio friendly stuff...basically a jack of all trades. 

Also, I really like this album cover.

Favorite songs: The Path, Prophet, Louder Voice, Vendetta

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

320 and FLAC added!

johnny booth.gif

2 hours ago, 967-EVIL said:

320 and FLAC added!

Wasn't this a 320 already? 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

21 hours ago, Burst said:

Favorite songs: The Path, Prophet, Louder Voice, Vendetta

We seem to share the same favourite songs

this is garbage poopy and i have written this band off for the remainder of their career please do not disturb me until ryan kirby talks about becoming a much more noise rock band thanks

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, I'm here for Ryo from Crystal Lake, haha. Never heard this band before, so I'm gonna give it a spin.
Thanks!

If you journey through life, you will find your own way.

On 9/13/2020 at 3:14 PM, Pray4Plagues said:

It's average because the genre hasn't changed in ten years. Give it another five years and metalcore like this legitimately will be "dad rock". The genre needs to innovate or be as relevant as 90s metal bands. 

Over the past five years I've gone off metalcore and nothing has managed to pull me back in. Usually I listen to pop punk and hardcore these days. Dayseeker are probably the only metalcore band I actively think are great but even their last album bores me now. 

I have to respect these guys for still producing music like this though, must get quite boring playing the same stuff.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:53 AM, qntmflx said:

i knew this album would be boring, but i couldnt imagine how boring and repetitive this could be. there is literally nothing new or any claim to a step forward. this album is cheap metalcore, without any reason to listen to compared to so many other metalcore albums. its a 4/10 for me.

like most metalcore these days then

Get this braindead "metalcore hasn't changed" shit out of here. 

• Downvote 1

Never given FFAK a real chance until now. God damn I've missed out.

This is really really bad

• Love 1

The best thing about this album is Drew Fulks production.

Big ol' MEH from me.