Lord Kingdom

Fit for a King - The Path (2020)

152 posts in this topic

I've listened to this album a couple of times, it's one of those albums where even though it's not trying to reinvent the wheel it's not doing anything to make it standout and make a case for itself in a sea of overpopulated metalcore.

FFAK have been on a hard and fast downward decline as of late, God of Fire was such a killer fucking tune to start off with as a single but the rest of the album hasn't really given me much of a reason to come back to it for repeated listens.

The lacks much of what made FFAK such a good band and a band that made me excited for their releases

Overall Generic, washed down, diet dark skies.

Completely middle of the road with none of the creative spark that they once had

4.5/5 out of 10

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Ban 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Other Releases by

album of the decade

shorts jorted

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Ban 1

I’d say I’d put this as a 7,not my favorite album by them but not my least favorite, the better tracks are definitely the ones that sound like their dark skies sound such as vendetta 

my nipples became hard when i heard bell in annihilation

I don't see the hate on this album. I personally enjoy it, and have seen them live many times. A great band and the members are class acts IRL

this is not bad. but Dark Skies was special!

Why does every metalcore band have the same name

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. Electric said:

@Geshka WHY HAVE YOU NOT COMMENTED YET

Because I'm neither a freak nor deviant as you probably hoped 😅

• Haha 1

FFAK - The Path text rating: 

The Face of Hate - meh
Breaking the Mirror ok
Annihilation - eh
The Path - actually good.
Prophet - ok
Locked in My Head - alright.
God of Fire (feat. Ryo Kinoshita) - very meh.
Stockholm - nothing special here.
Louder Voice - average.
Vendetta - another eh.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, PaidInFull said:

yeah this is for sure an album made by fit for a king

you sure tho? what if Loathe actually wrote it for them?

• Love 1

21212.png.6abc7bb7d412721e52435cc2800679ba.png

2 minutes ago, BERO said:

you sure tho? what if Loathe actually wrote it for them?

then they were using 2% of their songwriting ability

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4
  • Haha 2

20200902_221303.jpg

I kinda like the more melodic songs on this? Sure they're pretty basic but at least catchy and have substance. The heavy tracks are so damn hollow and feel like an attempt to just keep old fans by making surface level heavy songs.

• Upvote 3

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

My night just got LIT the eff up.

5effd2a4750bd913316084.gif

Purposely didn't listen to any of the singles or leaks just for this moment. First time I did that in a while lol, well worth the wait. Thanks a ton for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

So... now promote @Codeorange2 to super deluxe ultra hyper turbo time administrator.

Can't wait to jam this one.

• Love 1

The Face of Hate - Decent good numetal riffs, 3.5/5

Breaking the Mirror - great chorus and works with the structure of the song 3.5/5

Annihilation - Repetitive, and that breakdown tease...yikes 2/5

The Path - Very mainstream but still good mainstream rock 3.5/5

Prophet - I kept going back to this one. I liked the flow a lot. 4/5

Locked In My Head - Repetitive, Great vocals tho 2.5/5

God of Fire - 🔥 🔥 🔥  I love the riffs. Fantastic buildup still very repetitive 2.5/5

Stockholm - It's like how Anthem was to me. Heavy and short but a little forgettable 2.5/5

Louder Voice - Great from start to finish. Verses, choruses and transitions are great. Probably my most played 5/5

Vendetta - FFAK makes some great brutal metalcore like Pissed off, Shattered Glass, and Backbreaker. This definitely deserves to be up there. The suprise outro is gives me CHILLS. Still great HEAVY riffs, gonna be crazy live. 5/5

I enjoyed a lot from this album which I'll probably be getting slack for in the comments lol despite! I do respect everyone's opinions including negative ones and of course understand like the predictability of the flow that degraded some tracks like Annihilation, Locked In My Head, and GoF.  Not the best from them but also not the worst! Louder Voice, Vendetta, and Prophet stand out as top 3 for me.

40/50

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed about half of it, and the other half I forgot about almost instantly. Pretty disappointed after I liked all the singles and Dark Skies so much. 3/5

Hmmmm, I definitely like this. But I'm not going to judge too much after 2 listens. It's definitely different than Dark Skies. A lot was really poured into songwriting and focusing on making these songs work as a whole piece. The singing bits here are incredible and are a huge standout. It's a great mix of heavy bangers and really meaningful songwriting that really focuses on pushing the band into territory they haven't gone before. The Path and Prophet are easy standouts and I love them. I'll see how I feel about this album in a week, but for now it has 2 thumbs up for me. 

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

With the first listen it threw me off guard. One thing this album is so different then their previous albums. And I don’t see anything generic about it. But wow it’s Different what I was expecting. It sounds like they went experimental way with this album. Despite on the 4 singles being generic and radio friendly in some people’s opinions. I been a fan  since 2013 I never look into having expectations from their musicianship and lyrically I just enjoy what I hear . I’m not here to judge but FFAK has a limited choices with fans want and new comers  want for their next albums so they chose both but still they are not happy with it. People want they want  the band is not selfish they don’t chose only one to please one group than other they even it out to try to please them both. So don’t be discouraged what you hear from The Path!

Singles have been pretty underwhelming for the most part but keen to check it out tonight

There's a Livestream/release show of some sorts on twitch later this week for anyone interested

Such a good album, another great edition to their already flawless discog. Glad I came here to see the comedy, oops negativity, it literally made my day filled with more laughter. You dudes can never be happy for a band that makes strides to change their sound, even if it were very slightly, if not much at all. Anyways, Drew Fulk did another great job with this album, it easily brings back memories of Slave to Nothing and Dark Skies, with a dash of Creation/Destruction easily. Cannot wait to get my CD in the mail. Thanks again for the leak.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Sadly doesn't feel very memorable other than God of Fire. I'm not really a fan of their other material either though so at least I wasn't expecting too much I guess. A few cool songs but overall not very interesting for me. Thanks for the post though. 

1 hour ago, Bofa said:

Vendetta - FFAK makes some great brutal metalcore like Pissed off, Shattered Glass, and Backbreaker. This definitely deserves to be up there. The suprise outro is gives me CHILLS. Still great HEAVY riffs, gonna be crazy live. 5/5

you arent kidding with that outro i literally jumped that came outta nowhere😂

• Upvote 1

There is some massive Parkway Drive influences on this. Whilst this is still a FFAK record. Im pretty happy with how different it sounds. 

Its not the best work they've done, but it's still a 8/10 . 

• Upvote 1

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

"Louder Voice" is one of the best songs I've ever heard. Album overall is a solid 9/10 for me. Love it!

• Upvote 1