Cosmic Reaper

Like Moths to Flames - YOTM [Single] (2020)

31 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I never thought I could say that, but this song is waaaay better than their whole debut record (When We Don't Exist) back in 2011, and I can't be happier more about that. Year Of The Moth is coming, guys 🤘🔥

• Love 1
  • Confused 3

Another absolute banger. This album will easily be one of the best of the year

• Upvote 2

I was never really able to get into these guys before and it's not like this is revolutionary or anything, far from it, but it just slaps. It seems more well put together than their early material, they matured and clearly learned how to craft better all around tracks. Everything they used to do sounded exactly the same to me, I'm not saying this is far beyond different, but it has a little something that makes it stand out for me personally.

• Upvote 1

The good: another 10/10 banger;  on pace for AOTY potential if they keep bringing these choruses and breakdowns.  Stunning.

The bad: are we seriously getting an entire album with this poor vocal mix?  I could barely understand a single word in the car ride to work and it's only slightly improved with other audio sources.  I thought Dark Divine/WTLRTG vocals were perfect.  Also these short ass songs leave me wanting more!  Hoping for one more single in early October.

I thought Currents' album would have me the most hype for this year, but after hearing these singles I am ridiculously overly excited for this album.

This is also shaping up to be an atheist's/satanist's wet dream album.

• Upvote 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

This is ridiculously good, those riffs are really groovy

I honestly didn't really like Habitual Decline too much, but this is WAY more my speed. Digging this hard.

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

When we don’t exist was a phenomenal release at that time And after that nothing that intrigued me... but damn these last 2 singles have just reshaped this bands image for me.. so hyped and again pointing something out guys... THIS YEARS AOTY IS GOING TO HAVE A NAIL BITING CLIMAX

• Upvote 1

Like Moths To Flames are not fucking around. This song is great. The heavy parts are very heavy and the sweet chorus is just an added bonus.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

What fucking water have these dudes been drinking lately? This is vicious.

• Upvote 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

YEAR OF THE MONTH

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

20200902_221303.jpg

Bang la decks!!!!!! #metalcore #lives

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

26 minutes ago, M8L8TH_001 said:

cover.jpg

Is it the official artwork?

• Haha 2

year of the masturbation

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

Why are the vocals so low again?

They're killing me here with this mix...could legit wreck the album...

Doesn't need to be like this 

• Confused 1

Just now, Exsanguination45 said:

have you ever said a positive thing in your life

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

yeah epic

The vocals are sat in the mix pretty well, weird take but okay

• Downvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

7 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

The vocals are sat in the mix pretty well, weird take but okay

No...they're quiet and drowned out...flac version too.  

I'm not the only one who has mentioned it...its already been mentioned in here and with the last song too.

I get it, you don't understand mixes...cool

7 minutes ago, PaidInFull said:

have you ever said a positive thing in your life

I like the song....the vocals are quiet...its not negative to point out something so obvious 

There's also been a lot of shit average music this year, it is what it is...

• Downvote 1

No...they're quiet and drowned out...flac version too.  

I'm not the only one who has mentioned it...its already been mentioned in here and with the last song too.

I get it, you don't understand mixes...cool

Nice try on the bait.

Been doing music & music production for a very long time, listening to music on reference headphones as opposed to shitty in ear headphones that you get at Walgreens for 50¢ makes a world of difference 

• Ban 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Just now, BlueWall said:

Nice try on the bait.

Been doing music & music production for a very long time, listening to music on reference headphones as opposed to shitty in ear headphones that you get at Walgreens for 50¢ makes a world of difference 

Lol no shit 

11 hours ago, Lefty007 said:

The bad: are we seriously getting an entire album with this poor vocal mix?  I could barely understand a single word in the car ride to work and it's only slightly improved with other audio sources.  I thought Dark Divine/WTLRTG vocals were perfect. 

Yeah the vocals are wayyy too quite and fall well behind in the mix. I agree that Dark Divine had a great vocal mix.

2 hours ago, BlueWall said:

Nice try on the bait.

Listening to the FLAC version on my studio monitors confirms that the clean vocals are quieter than they should be in that mix. The screams are not as bad. The cleans are the bigger issue.

• Love 1

Pretty dope. Nothing ground breaking, but I’m enjoying the style of this new album so far. These guys rarely disappoint. 

Album of the year material for sure, both singles are absolute bangers. Unpopular opinion but An Eye For An Eye has always been my favorite release from these guys (mainly for the diversity... I do agree that the others kinda sounded like one long song) and DD was another nice change of sound but this might be their best one yet 🔥🔥 that breakdown at 1:45 really gives me ABR vibes and I'm here for it

On 9/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, Phantomanthem2017 said:

Album of the year material for sure, both singles are absolute bangers. Unpopular opinion but An Eye For An Eye has always been my favorite release from these guys (mainly for the diversity... I do agree that the others kinda sounded like one long song) and DD was another nice change of sound but this might be their best one yet 🔥🔥 that breakdown at 1:45 really gives me ABR vibes and I'm here for it

If this could top EFAE, it will be AOTY and I'll shoot jizz everywhere

I'm scared of the vocal mix ruining a masterpiece, but we shall see. 

Might just need to tweak an EQ just for this album