Lord Kingdom

Fit for a King - The Path (KL Exclusive Preview) (2020)

56 posts in this topic

I’m really glad there’s people still enjoying this genre of metalcore, I really do. But personally I just can’t... These guys deserve all the best, but that’s just the same old metalcore formula for each single songs and it shows just with previews. Is it better than the majority of what’s out there, for sure, is it better recorded, it is.

It doesn’t change the fact that it’s a stagnant genre and this does nothing to move it forward. I feel like more metalcore bands should take a page of the book from Northlane. I wasn’t impressed by anything after Adrian left, but let’s be honest, even if you don’t enjoy Alien all that much, you can’t deny it’s something new and fresh. They’re still having a huge success, yet they didn’t have to stick with a tired formula. That’s my opinion and as I mentioned, I only wish the best to this band. I’ll spin that record and see what I can get out of it for sure.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

37 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

I’m really glad there’s people still enjoying this genre of metalcore, I really do. But personally I just can’t... These guys deserve all the best, but that’s just the same old metalcore formula for each single songs and it shows just with previews. Is it better than the majority of what’s out there, for sure, is it better recorded, it is.

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy FFAK but they're hardly a band I expect to be revolutionizing metalcore. Unsure about others but when I hear the name Fit For A King - my brain instantly knows it's in for Tasty, Nicely produced, Generic Metalcore. 

• Upvote 3

Just do it

Just do it now

Can't wait for full album.

God of Fire \m/ \m/

8 hours ago, Codeorange2 said:

You're welcome!

The copy I sent is 320 for those asking. So the leak will be 320

You're magician, not less than that 😄

• Upvote 2

To be honest the first few tracks had this mid career All That Remains feel written all over it and I was ain't about that life, but the rest of the album (except for that weird Tuck-heavy preview which I am again ain't about) seem to be pretty much all belters, the drums seem especially fun and fierce as fuck on the unreleased tracks. I sense another solid entry in their discog but also another record that is not fullfilling start to end, simultaneously feel like this might have the most "really good" tracks this time around, because honestly after the honeymoon phase is over I would only come back to like 2-4 tracks from their albums, the rest end up being mid af and their peers would do a better job generally at similar sound.

Genuinely love Annihilation, some Tower Of Pain tier shit right there.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

12 hours ago, sekay1994 said:

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoy FFAK but they're hardly a band I expect to be revolutionizing metalcore. Unsure about others but when I hear the name Fit For A King - my brain instantly knows it's in for Tasty, Nicely produced, Generic Metalcore. 

I agree with you, there's still place for this kind of music that's for sure. Like I said about them before, if you're newer to metalcore or any of the other underground core genres, these guys are one of the best band out there to start with. I've been listening to this genre for 15 years, so I've heard this type of core way too much to be able to still really appreciate it. It simply doesn't fulfill me like it used to, the human brain sucks sometimes, but it is what it is. I'm often forcing myself to listen to this kind of basic formula music but it just won't click.

This sounds promising can't wait for the full album!

• Upvote 1

album is only 35 minutes long so this is basically like half of it! Thanks boys this is a nice treat!

Ccan you leak the album please? 

7 minutes ago, Dgen846 said:

Ccan you leak the album please? 

No, they will not. I think they will a few days before actual album release. Now is way too early. 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Can they at least leak the single ? That teaser is killing me

1 hour ago, Dgen846 said:

Can they at least leak the single ? That teaser is killing me

Track 3 is available in it's entirety in this preview

• Love 1

Meh. It's gonna be okay i guess.

tumblr_nfx3hbqWqX1s03x0vo1_500.gif.cc6d5528496e9d13151c966cbda83319.gif

Where the hell is the album till now??

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Heheboii23 said:

Reviewers have it obviously

• Ban 1

41 minutes ago, Heheboii23 said:

I have received an exclusive/alternative album cover which will leak with the album. Stay stoked. (I do not have the album, just the exclusive cover)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

you have to go into Directory and delete System32

On 8/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, Burst said:

No, they will not. I think they will a few days before actual album release. Now is way too early. 

The piracy police are out 

When will it be leaked?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dgen846 said:

When will it be leaked?

Probably in 2 hours or 17th latest.

10 minutes ago, Dgen846 said:

When will it be leaked?

never

• Love 1

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

4 minutes ago, FFAKfanRyan said: