All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
967-EVIL

Metallica & San Francisco Symphony - S&M2 (2020)

41 posts in this topic

Nice, surprised to see this pop up so soon. Thanks for posting!

• Upvote 1

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Awesome! Didn't expect this tonight. Thank you!

What an awesome way to end my night. thanks!!!

Thank you for this, hoping it's on par with the original S&M!

Absolutely incredible. One of the bands best performances ever. Orchestra is a little quiet in the mix but otherwise this is a masterpiece. S&M may be my favorite officially released product ever, and S&M2 stands up to it. The Call of Ktulu, The Day That Never Comes, The Outlaw Torn, No Leaf Clover, Halo on Fire, The Unforgiven III, and All Within My Hands are some major highlights, but everything is ridiculously good.

• Upvote 1

I remember being on this in the cinema, and well, it was kinda disappointing, most of the composition are the same as in S&M1, but with modern metallica problems, and there were no new songs (for comparison, on S&M1 they had one new song for every part of the concert). But I really liked the experimentation on the beginning of the second disc of S&M2, it was something I was really expecting more (but the band seemed not being able to find themselves in this position), All Within My Hands was also a nice surprise, as well as 100% redone for the new setting Unforgiven III.
tl;dr more of the same from '99, but with some quite good new stuff

That intro is absolutely incredible, the first S&M got me into heavy music

Cool, something this promising deserves to be listened to when a better version comes out, but thanks for leak.

I was fortunate enough to be able to scrape together just enough money to fly across the country to stay the weekend in S.F. and attend the second night and it did not disappoint. So stoked to relive the show again!

• Upvote 2

Please, please, please let this be something close to the 1st S&M.

I wish the orchestra was further forward in the mix, Sounds a lot quieter than S&M1.  I dunno if its just my speaker setup but sometimes Kirk sounds so far out on the right hand speaker that he might as well be next door.

That being said - I'm just glad they did another one of these, It works so damn well. 

Leaked already? Lars isn't going to be happy lol

Not as good as S&M 1. They should have done Unforgiven 1 and 2 instead of 3. 

• Upvote 1

I really wanted to hear unnamed feeling in this. I LOVE the chorus on that one thought it was perfect for an acousitc, string treatment

Only listened once all the way through and I thought it was good but not great like the original S&M. I wish they would have dropped Ktulu for Orion and maybe Bellz or Roam for another Death Magnetic or Hardwired track. Also, the symphony solo section is nice but it takes up way too much of the tracklist that could have been used for ANYTHING else! The only other gripe I have is that I felt like Lars rushed the drums a couple of times and it throws off the flow. I know his skills have diminished in the past decade but I thought surely they would "KISS Alive" the recordings and overdub some parts. It seems like most of the mistakes are kept in. Maybe I'm wrong and need to hear it again.

It's worth it just to hear The Outlaw Torn again. Maybe my all time favorite Metallica song.

that version of pulling teeth though. fire

The Day That Never Comes is beautiful. The song is a shameless rip of One but it's still in my top 20 Metallica tracks.

To say I fucking loved this would be an understatement. So, so good.

• Love 1

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Amazing record, No Leaf Clover is really a killer track

Thanks a lot for that leak

• Upvote 1

@Spectromeda Oh cool, you used one of the little intermission live doodles Rob and Kirk spend like an hour practicing to support your shitty opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Poon Sauce McNasty said:

@Spectromeda Oh cool, you used one of the little intermission live doodles Rob and Kirk spend like an hour practicing to support your shitty opinion.

Oh, cool. My opinion really bothered you.

• Ban 2

33 minutes ago, Spectromeda said:

Oh, cool. My opinion really bothered you.

You sure did. Another dude on the internet hating Metallica. I'll never get on the internet ever again.

• Upvote 1

Oh wow, this sucks massive donkey dick. Let me just list it off.

1. The orchestra is mixed so low. If I actually wanted to listen to Metallica, I'd put on a fucking Metallica album.
  2. It's like 90% the same songs as the original S&M. They had the chance to add so many cool songs from all around their discography (they managed to make All Within My Hands sound like a song I'd actually want to listen to, they could have done that with a lot of St. Anger songs here too). Which like I get it, it's an anniversary concert, but if you're gonna do that, at least use the same arrangements. Which brings me to #3
  3. The arrangements on the old songs are new arrangements and they're so much worse and more uninspired, when you can even hear them because again, the mix balance between Metallica and the orchestra is fucking awful. But oh my god, the original S&M Master Of Puppets is the perfect most ideal version of that song ever recorded, and they completely fucked it up with this terrible new mix that basically just makes the strings follow the guitars rather than utilize unique and complimentary harmonization/all new melodies.

Yeah, just an overall shitshow here. Was so excited when I heard they'd be doing an S&M2 seeing as the first S&M1 is basically the only way I find their music even remotely interesting, but this is just embarrassing.

• Downvote 3

14 hours ago, TomoLust said:
  1. The orchestra is mixed so low. If I actually wanted to listen to Metallica, I'd put on a fucking Metallica album.
  2. It's like 90% the same songs as the original S&M. They had the chance to add so many cool songs from all around their discography...
  3. The arrangements on the old songs are new arrangements and they're so much worse

Yeah, just an overall shitshow here. Was so excited when I heard they'd be doing an S&M2 seeing as the first S&M1 is basically the only way I find their music even remotely interesting, but this is just embarrassing.

1. I feel like they struck a much better balance between both the band and symphony on this one but I guess this is a subjective thing so whatever.

2. Wrong. Only 48% (approximately) of the set list is the same as the original. Out of 21 tracks (not including Ecstasy of Gold) 10 were carried over and 11 were new. They did a totally new rendition of Unforgiven III, the band jammed with the symphony on an orchestral piece, they did their rarely-played acoustic rendition of AWMH, they played Cliff's solo in full, which to my knowledge is only the second instance literally since he passed away in the 80's, which already seems like plenty of cool and different stuff to me.

3. Also wrong. Master of Puppets and Enter Sandman are the only old songs that received new arrangements.

> seeing as the first S&M1 is basically the only way I find their music even remotely interesting

K

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

320 and FLAC added!

• Love 3

johnny booth.gif

It's good but I feel like we've already heard half of this album before. Not sure why they didn't stick to songs that weren't on S&M1. Also the 1 new song, All Within My Hands, is good but nowhere near as good as - Human or No Leaf Clover on S&M1. Missed opportunity in my opinion.