Summers

Fit For A King - Locked (In My Head) [Single] (2020)

32 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

BRING ON THE DISAPPOINTMENT! 

• Haha 1
  • Ban 9

woaaaaaooooooooooooaaaaaaaooooooooooohhhhhhh woooooooaaaaaaaooooooooohhhhh woooooooooaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooh woooooooooaaaaaaoooooooh

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Fuck the haters...this is a solid track and the rest of the album will be heavier and appease the masses.  

• Upvote 4

Can't wait for r/Metalcore to listen to this and suddenly start treating FFAK like they're the worst band ever like they do with Wage War just because Me Against Myself exists

But the song is ok I guess, When Everything Means Nothing is the better song if we're gonna compare the two (which will happen since both songs are the radio friendly tracks on their respective albums)

• Upvote 9

so what if it's slightly softer, I can't fuckin wait for my preoder and the rest of this album

• Upvote 1

Okay, I like this. Super melodic, it's radio friendly (and it features everyone's favorite thing, the whoa-oh's), sure, but I never see that as a problem. 

Pretty cool song. 

• Upvote 2

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Only single so far that's impressed me

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20200902_221303.jpg

despite being a bit (a lot)  more radio friendly, I think I actually enjoy this a lot more than the other singles honestly 

super strong chorus, great vocals, sick production 

still not really that interested in this record, but this is the first song I've actually overtly liked. epic

• Upvote 5

yeah epic

Probably my favorite out of the songs they released for this album so far, slut for a beeg chorus

• Upvote 3

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

This is a really solid, catchy, flows well, top notch production, good vocal performances, the drumming is so crisp and at the forefront, I'll definitely be spinning this more and more, getting some classic Metalcore vibes off of this one for certain

• Upvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Banger  no question

No doubts

Ryan said that the singles would be ''polemic'' because they sound distant from the traditional FFAK sound. On other hand, he said the non-singles are classic FFAK.
I honestly really like this, I've liked all their ''soft'' stuff from Dark Skies and this is no different,

Solid track, but probably my least fav from the singles released so far, But still not bad by any means. 

i tell you, they will make the same mistake they did with dark skies: bad production AND RELEASING HALF OF THE ALBUM BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE.

i know, thats business. but listening to an album on the release day and knowing every second song is a disappointing thing for me.

• Confused 1
  • Ban 1

Just now, qntmflx said:

i tell you, they will make the same mistake they did with dark skies: bad production AND RELEASING HALF OF THE ALBUM BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE.

i know, thats business. but listening to an album on the release day and knowing every second song is a disappointing thing for me.

> RELEASING HALF OF THE ALBUM BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE

Ryan confirmed before that Locked will be the final single.

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Just now, Burst said:

> RELEASING HALF OF THE ALBUM BEFORE THE ACTUAL RELEASE

Ryan confirmed before that Locked will be the final single.

i hope that youre right. i really hope so.

It's far from being bad, but even if those music vigilante are trying to rescue these guys from any sort of "criticism", it will happen, because it deserves criticism. This and breaking the mirror are very generic and even if Ryan Kirby does a rent on facebook about it like he did about a youtube comment for Breaking the mirror, it's a fact in term of musical structure. 

Is it well executed?! It is for sure and I have absolutely nothing against these guys, but this kind of music is not moving this genre foward, it simply keeping it safe and sound where it's at. Is it a bad thing?! Not really, I guess...

Would I be proud to simply do something to be safe and feel secure, not personally, but I totaly get where these guys come from. You can't simply turn the whole ship around and take a chance and lose a tone of money, so yeah, artistically this brings absolutely nothing new, but I respect their choice.

• Upvote 2

I like the song, but it's definitely my least favorite single. God of Fire, and Stockholm are my favorites so far

When Everything Means Nothing but much worse

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Putting aside the generic stuff, it's a catchy and still solid track and honestly better than Me Against Myself by Wage War Wich I think was definitely worse than this,still looking forward to hear the album tho

Loving the love FFAK is getting for being different! <3 Don't forget change is good sometimes :) cant wait for this album! :jams:

• Upvote 3

Meh not terrible but not amazing. Hope the rest of the album is more true to form.

I LOVE this, and i really connect with the message unbelievably well. Im honestly liking this album so far more than Dark Skies, didnt really care too much for that album.

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

12 hours ago, shfydgi said:

Can't wait for r/Metalcore to listen to this and suddenly start treating FFAK like they're the worst band ever like they do with Wage War just because Me Against Myself exists

But the song is ok I guess, When Everything Means Nothing is the better song if we're gonna compare the two (which will happen since both songs are the radio friendly tracks on their respective albums)

I can deal with one song on an album like this, but the entirety of Wage War's last album was ranged from bland and uninspired to downright cringe worthy and lazy. It was a huge step down from Gravity

16 hours ago, Lefty007 said:

Fuck the haters...this is a solid track and the rest of the album will be heavier and appease the masses.  

You can make softer songs without them being generic garbage.

Not really sure how this qualifies as an excuse..

16 hours ago, shfydgi said:

The last Wage War album was absolute garbage so I have no idea what you are even trying to say.

This FFAK stuff so far is decent but with the amount of great progcore bands out there pushing the boundaries this is sounding incredibly dated.

Coming off of Invent Animate, Currents, and Polaris this just doesn't even come close.  Heck even If I Were You album sounding way more inspired.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, qntmflx said:

You do realize you have the option of NOT listening to singles before an album is released right? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lol

7 hours ago, DreamAgain said:

You can make softer songs without them being generic garbage.

Not really sure how this qualifies as an excuse..

I agree that it's definitely their most generic track they've ever put out.  Unfortunately, that's how radio people will discover the band.  The more exposure they get, the more they'll be allowed to do.  I'm confident that the rest of the album will be more of what they're known for traditionally.

Even though the song isn't bad, and in fact I will probably like it the more I listen to it, this is exactly what The Word Alive, which was one of my favorite bands at the time, were doing, and we all know how utter shit they turned out now. I honestly see this song as being the beginning of the end for FFAK.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Click ^ to see reviews.

Definitely one ill be skipping when the album comes out.