Sign in to follow this  
Summers

The Fall of Troy - Mukiltearth (2020)

24 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

I have been salivating for this release. Thank you so so much.

• Upvote 2

Thank you!

HELL yeah

Is this a remaster or a rerecording of their earlier stuff? 

biggest leak of the day for me

58 minutes ago, ggl3dde said:

Is this a remaster or a rerecording of their earlier stuff? 

When Chain Wallet, Nike Shoes came out, Erak confirmed it was a rerecording and reimagining of their Thirty Years War material. Not sure if this applies to the whole album tho. 

• Upvote 1

jpUJCRq.gif

=8) Thanks !.

After Doppelganger this is the only album of theirs I've listened to and holy shit is this awesome. Those riffs got me moving like :banana:

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

I've never seen a band re-record so much of their own material, and they never have the initial spark and energy that made the originals so special (Doppelganger being the exception)

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Space said:

When Chain Wallet, Nike Shoes came out, Erak confirmed it was a rerecording and reimagining of their Thirty Years War material. Not sure if this applies to the whole album tho. 

Tracks 1-6 are Re-Recorded "The Thirty Years War" material they've been teasing/talking about since OK came out and in that time they had a handful new songs. It was originally going to be released as two EP's until they decided it would be a fun concept to marry the releases into a name based off their home town. Literally bridging their teenage efforts/style to their current style like 15 years later. In regards to "new" material, we have new TFOT EP here :)

• Love 2

Really digging this album! OK was...OK - I enjoyed it for a bit but it didn't really have long term legs for me. I was a little worried the new songs wouldn't mesh well with the Thirty Years War stuff, but this thing flows surprisingly well as a full album, and it's really great to see how they embraced the very beginnings of the band with the very end of the original line up (since apparently Tim is done for good after this, according to Thomas' livestreams). TFOT and Thomas' other projects in general have been walking this weird line between the original TFOT style and a more straightforward hard rock sound that's occasionally pretty clunky, but I think they've finally found a natural balance on this one and the new tracks are tight.

The only nag I have in the back of my mind is that, yeah, the album is really good...but it took re-recording nearly 20 year old material to do it, AND the fact that they've only written four new songs since OK dropped four years ago kind of worries me. These guys are one of my absolute favorite groups, but I can't help but feel that things like that don't bode well for them sticking around much longer. Even though this album would be a pretty damn fitting way to cap off their career, I just want the TFOT boys to stick around forever.

• Upvote 2

I honestly never thought I'd be hearing newly released 30 Years War songs in my lifetime. So stoked to listen to this for weeks on end.

9 hours ago, FlyingPiranha said:

The only nag I have in the back of my mind is that, yeah, the album is really good...but it took re-recording nearly 20 year old material to do it, AND the fact that they've only written four new songs since OK dropped four years ago kind of worries me. These guys are one of my absolute favorite groups, but I can't help but feel that things like that don't bode well for them sticking around much longer. Even though this album would be a pretty damn fitting way to cap off their career, I just want the TFOT boys to stick around forever.

I mean the issue here is that Thomas spreads himself so thin with all these projects (The Shoreline, Push over), Andrew's still in school&has a family, and constantly shuffling bassists around. I think it's hard for them to really settle in and start writing new songs. Hopefully they still continue to drop stuff in the future!

• Upvote 2

One of my favorite Post Hardcore bands back in the day, thought they broke up until a couple weeks ago and even though most of this is re-recorded older songs, I'm still excited. Thanks for the upload.

9 hours ago, EdDo said:

I honestly never thought I'd be hearing newly released 30 Years War songs in my lifetime. So stoked to listen to this for weeks on end.

I mean the issue here is that Thomas spreads himself so thin with all these projects (The Shoreline, Push over), Andrew's still in school&has a family, and constantly shuffling bassists around. I think it's hard for them to really settle in and start writing new songs. Hopefully they still continue to drop stuff in the future!

Yeah, that's a fair point actually, hadn't really considering how busy he keeps himself. But thankfully they've got a new permanent bassist who's been popping up in the streams with Thomas so maybe TFOT can get back to being a full time band again. They're one of the few bands I haven't gotten to see live yet either, so I'm stoked for their future for sure.

• Upvote 3

Loving this. Had no clue this was coming out TBH. Amazing surprise. :lol:

most of this is awesome, classic FoT vibes but.. some of the vocals are.. interesting

I am a bit let down with this one. Really dig the harsh vocals, and I really really love the instrumentals. But some of the clean vocal sections I cannot help but dislike. Sounds like sometimes he's not even on key, and the vocal style is just a bit odd. Hoping for an instrumental version though. Great band nevertheless, always been weird and have always stepped outside of the box. Maybe this time they just stepped too far for me.

johnny booth.gif

5 hours ago, 967-EVIL said:

I am a bit let down with this one. Really dig the harsh vocals, and I really really love the instrumentals. But some of the clean vocal sections I cannot help but dislike. Sounds like sometimes he's not even on key, and the vocal style is just a bit odd. Hoping for an instrumental version though. Great band nevertheless, always been weird and have always stepped outside of the box. Maybe this time they just stepped too far for me.

Honestly, I've noticed this to some degree on every album since Manipulator with it steadily getting more obvious. Supposedly Thomas got vocal lessons around then, and ever since his clean singing has felt kinda stilted - almost like he's concentrating too much on the "proper" technique, and it ends up having the opposite effect he's intending. It's weird to me because his voice was totally fine and natural sounding on Doppelganger too.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, FlyingPiranha said:

Honestly, I've noticed this to some degree on every album since Manipulator with it steadily getting more obvious. Supposedly Thomas got vocal lessons around then, and ever since his clean singing has felt kinda stilted - almost like he's concentrating too much on the "proper" technique, and it ends up having the opposite effect he's intending. It's weird to me because his voice was totally fine and natural sounding on Doppelganger too.

makes sense, I never put the two together.  some vocalists, especially in phc bands from the 00s, have an interesting voice because it's NOT proper technique.  I'm now imagining what Craig Owens, Kurt Travis or Anthony Green would sound like if they tried pulling back in their vocals to fit traditional singing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 8/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, humbleledger said:

makes sense, I never put the two together.  some vocalists, especially in phc bands from the 00s, have an interesting voice because it's NOT proper technique.  I'm now imagining what Craig Owens, Kurt Travis or Anthony Green would sound like if they tried pulling back in their vocals to fit traditional singing. 

Yeah that's honestly one of my favorite things about the genre, there's so many vocalists out there that just don't really fit the typical molds and they stand out immediately. Thomas' screams on Doppelganger alone just sound nuts, dude sounds genuinely crazy and it's such a great contrast to his smooth singing. Anthony Green is just a god though, I think he must know a ton about "proper" singing because his voice has just held up so well over the years, I love him.

• Upvote 2