Feeshmon

Slaves - To Better Days (2020)

90 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

"Give me the yeet bois, and free my soul, I wanna get tossed in fucking hole and die today"

Thanks for this

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Suck on that Jonny

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I am so happy now! Thank you very much!

C'est la vie

So very hyped for this album! Loved every single that was dropped for this. 

• Upvote 1

so fuckin pumped for this man, all the singles are absolutely killer 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

yeah epic

The intro is dope as fuck. Don't think I've ever heard another one like it. 

• Upvote 1

Wait what happened to Jonny? I must have missed something!
Also, I thought I heard this band was changing their name...? How out of the loop am I?

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Just now, Aria said:

Also, I thought I heard this band was changing their name...? How out of the loop am I?

they're changing their name after this release + jonny left early last year 

• Love 1

yeah epic

This is going to be an AOTY contender for certain 

• Love 1

klbanneredo-min.png

1 minute ago, Maximo said:

they're changing their name after this release + jonny left early last year 

Okay last question who is this sexy piece of human that replaced him?

• Upvote 3

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

Loved basically all the singles, was actually listening through them again yesterday without totally realizing this was coming out this week.  Definitely gonna enjoy it.  Thanks for sharing!

1 minute ago, Aria said:

Okay last question who is this sexy piece of human that replaced him?

that would be Matt McAndrew of The Voice fame, he's got such a good voice

• Upvote 2

yeah epic

16 minutes ago, Aria said:

I have to add. Jonny didn't leave, he was kicked out because they were supposed to do a show and he flew back home to fulfill his heroine addiction. The new guy is Matthew McAndrew, who got his start on Season 7 of the voice.

They're changing their name after this release!

LETS GO. Slaves can be added to the 'Bands that find success after kicking Jonny'. Shit this album SLAPS

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Yep, just finished the album. I really liked Beautiful Death, but this is levels above. Whole thing is just so catchy. Hope that they can kick on now and get some real success.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, AsLions7 said:

Yep, just finished the album. I really liked Beautiful Death, but this is levels above. Whole thing is just so catchy. Hope that they can kick on now and get some real success.  

This is far above Beautiful Death. I had high expectations because Beautiful Death was so good. But fuck, they SMASHED this. I'm gonna say it....it's their best record, hands down.

I think Matthew is perfect for them and I can see some real success coming their way going forward

• Upvote 1

while most tracks here follow a pretty similar structure, literally every song here is a hit, every single chorus hits the beats they're supposed to. front to back bops fr, and I while I think I'd need some time to decide where it truly sits next to Beautiful Death, right now this is pretty much equal for me, Matt absolutely KILLS it in filling Jonny's shoes.

• Upvote 2

yeah epic

What happened to "Heavier"? This new version sounds weird, not a fan of that one. Overall good album, 8/10

fuck it, AOTY 2020

Every single track on here is fucking unreal, Matt's vocals > Jonny's vocals.

Every single track is beautiful and masterfully composed, every track flows so well, genuinely so many standout tracks it's hard to pinpoint my exact favourites.

I genuinely haven't been this impressed in a while, the hype was very much worth it damn man they're going to get mega after this album, they deserve this to be a breakout album.

10/10

• Upvote 3

klbanneredo-min.png

Aight, it's official, this is definitely gonna be my AOTY, the intro alone gave me chills with the way it went into Prayers

• Upvote 1

1 word --- Masterpiece
Slaves KILLED it

Wow, mind blown,

To me this feels like a phc singer songwriter record because nothing is really special besides the composition and vocals. The instrumentals are nice but feel like accompaniment rather than an element worth paying attention to as much as the others.

The thing I love about this is the hooks. Every song has a 9-10/10 hook. The melodies are unexpected and beautiful and from the ones I've heard stay in your head for days. Matt delivers them very well.

The record's just great. I wouldnt be surprised if it makes top 10 of the year for me. Craig's Law continues to hold up

• Upvote 3

20200902_221303.jpg

1 hour ago, AsLions7 said:

The intro is dope as fuck. Don't think I've ever heard another one like it. 

i apologize if you feel something by BMTH has a pretty similar intro, really dope layered electronics in that one 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

yeah epic

prayers feels a lot faster on the album than it did as a single . just finished the album and idk why everyone is nutting in their pants over it but i did still enjoy jt 

• Upvote 1

All I can say is HOLY FUUUUCK! This album is absolutely amazing. I literally got shivers on Multiple occasions and for me this is the first time In a while that an album has emotion that you can actually feel. Great work for this release.

I’ve been waiting for this album for along time and I’m honestly blown away. Amazing from front to back, they outdid themselves with this one! Thanks!

rsz_1tapestry1000x-pad750x1000f8f8f8u1.jpg

This album is fantastic.

I'm sure there'll always be a Johnny vs Matt debate about this band like there is with every other band that's kicked him out to date. Johnny has a fantastic voice for sure but take nothing at all away from the vocal performance on this album because it is absolutely sublime from start to finish. I also prefer the songs overall to their previous releases, I think they've really developed and found their sound and pulled it off perfectly.

I think this is a really strong release and I hope that it gives them enough exposure so that they can survive their imminent name change as bands can get lost during that transition.