Summers

In Hearts Wake - Kaliyuga (+ Instrumentals) (2020)

67 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!

• Upvote 1

Thank you! 

Yes yes yes ! Let's go

Thanks for uploading btw :)

OUR HOUSE IS ON FIYAAA

Thank you Summers. 

Thank you Summers.

klbanneredo-min.png

It's a big oof from me

EDIT: Listened again today. Worldwide Suicide is the most noteworthy tune but we all knew that. Hellbringer, Force of Life, Timebomb and Son of a Witch are good enough and I have a soft spot for Husk cuz it reminds me of Karnivool. Half the songs sound like could come from Breaking Benjamin album but with that spoken word growly stuff similar to Crushed by Parkway Drive mixed in. Mixed pretty well to my untrained ears but I feel like the breakdowns are a bit... flat.

Still a big oof from me, I was expecting better

• Upvote 6

It’s a big no from me chief, this record is a mess.

• Upvote 7

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/yoJC2wQqhXpm97vdeg" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/illustration-david-bowie-time-lapse-yoJC2wQqhXpm97vdeg">via GIPHY</a></p>

Man, this album is so hit or miss, Worldwide Suicide is great as a track, Hellbringer is eh, Moving On was so bland, Timebomb was neat as fuck such a good breakdown, Son of a Witch was amazing really rated it highly, Crossroads is more like Georgia Flood feat. Jake Taylor he's barely existent on the track, Husk is very somber and slow and introspective, it's okay but not all that.

Nāgá gave me real Mick Gordon Vibes and is basically impending doom in a short 40 second interlude that leads directly into Force Of Life which starts off strong as fuck, the early chorus sorta threw me off, Breakdown was sorta a blueballs moment didn't nearly go as hard as it should've done for such a build up.

Iron Dice sounds like a Ice Nine Kills song, pretty solid really enjoy those verses, super creepy, breakdown screams from Randy are a lil annoying but I'll let it slide as the fucking breakdown itself

F U C K S

Dystopia was good nothing really groundbreaking, very arena anthemesque, 2033 was probably the biggest miss for me sorta a wet fart to go out with, the chorus saves this song from being a throwaway, don't really care much for the back half of the song 🤷‍♂️

It's not awful but it's not all that great.

2.5/5

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Ah this album can be easily split into three thirds - the mixed bag, the hard-to-sit-through-one, and the good one. While majority of the singles were quite good, the full thing doesn't even live up to Ark, but I think they delivered nicely on the last 4 tracks, Timebomb, Crossroads, Husk are fucking awful though, what were they fucking thinking with that sound?

• Upvote 3
  • Ban 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Ehhhh, it’s a no for me. Makes me sad. Used to like these guys quite a bit. Glad that some others dig it though. 

• Upvote 6

Ew. This aint it.

• Upvote 1

1st listen this album didn't hit as hard as I thought I would, and I was kind of underwhelmed. But the 2nd time I spun this album it fucking HITS all the right spots for me (reminds me of Sylar's Seasons album where everyone was meh or hated it but I loved it hahahah). I can understand why everyone may not like it though. But its probably in my top 5 AOTYs as of now. Depending on how well the replay value is, it could be my favorite but only time will tell. 

• Upvote 4

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Another huge release. Thanks!

There are going to be a lot of mixed messages on this album. There are some bangers, but there are also some very mellow songs that may have old IHW fans look elsewhere. Its ok, but not as hyped up as I was hoping it would be. I would say 6/10 at best.

Alot of not-so-great reviews on this. About to give it a spin... i hope im not disappointed!

this actually... surprised the fuck outta me? 

I was so torn on the singles, wasn't (and I'm still not) huge on Hellbringer or Son of a Witch, but I loved Worldwide Suicide, and liked Dystopia and Moving On.

gotta say tho, they FUCKED up with those singles, because pretty much the ENTIRE second half of the record is just littered with bops. each one of the songs in the second leg of this record feels so much more cohesive than almost any of the singles in SUCH a good way. I suppose they way they did it was good, because it set my expectations really low and it far surpassed those expectations, but it was still a silly move imo (even if people did enjoy a majority of those tracks).

Timebomb, Crossroads, Husk, Force of Life, Iron Dice, and 2033 are all fucking SICK, genuinely adored all of them and I feel like some of them would've made way better singles than the ones they chose.

I still think it's largely pretty mixed, and a lot of the tracks here still suffer from a lack of cohesion, but this has way more tracks I'm actually stoked about than I ever expected to based on the singles.

not going in my AOTY list, but this is absolutely worth a listen, feeling a solid 7/10 on this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yeah epic

It's the Silverstein - A Beautiful Place To Drown effect to me. All singles are dope, no exception, I am like "BRUH THIS IS GONNA BE THEIR BEST ALBUM!!" but then it turns out that...it is not.

Let us just go into the songs we have not heard. 

Timebomb - I like it, it's cool, but the chorus is a bit weak. Bridge and breakdown makes up for it, though. The electronics hidden in the background remind me a bit of Northlane's Alien. 

Crossroads - If it weren't for these weird vocal samples, the song would be better. Still one of my favs. The song sounds good aside from that, it's pretty catchy. But I think Georgia got too much screentime on this. This reminds me of something else, but I cannot put my finger on it...

Husk - Three Days Grace meets In Hearts Wake? This is very grungy, it has no screams and rather relies on it's catchyness, which it at least pulls off really well. I am not too sure on this one, it's not bad, but something's missing.

Force of Life - Now this is what you would rather expect from IHW. Heavy and chaotic. The second pre-chorus is just typical melodic metalcore and after the chorus and it rounds it up nicely with a bridge and a pretty good breakdown. 

Iron Dice - Memphis May Fire, is that you? Like, this sounds like something you would find on This Light I Hold, or Challenger. It's another metalcore song with breakdown. Simple as that, I'd say. But I'd say it orients more on Post-Hardcore, which is...kinda not IHW, but it works if you give it a chance. Feature is also nice.

2033 - And another metalcore like song, with breakdown. But this one should be more appealing to the fans of their older work. There are some oriental feelings in the song and it basically puts the "Kaliyuga" on the album. A cool ending to an interesting album.

The album is cool, but there are things that hold it back immensely. If you are in for experimentation, you may like this album. But this will definitely be a mixed bag for many people. 

I enjoyed it, but as I said. It could be better. I am not the one to rate, but 7/10 is okay for this. I'm giving it a few more listens before I make a final judge, me guess. 

Favorite songs: Son of a Witch, Crossroads, Force of Life, Iron Dice and 2033.

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

I'll give this a spin and see for myself because I'm not quite sure I should really trust most of these comments, because if you prefered their old sound which had become very stale over the years, ishh I'm not sure... Ark to me was post-hardcore/metalcore with basic musical structures that gets old very quickly. Everything I've personally heard from the singles was a band trying to finally come out of a certain type of artist category that constantly release the same music.

I could definitely be wrong tho, we'll see how it plays out!

The cover art is like tell you this is a bad album i hope be wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Worldwide Suicide: 9/10

Hellbringer: 8.8/10

Moving On: 8/10 (a bit lighter but in a good way, kinda gives me From Death to Destiny vibes)
Timebomb: 8.5/10 (very different but in a good way, great driving song)

Son Of A Witch: 9.5/10 (the breakdown never gets old)
Crossroads: 6/10 (decent song but doesn't fit on the album and doesn't feel like an IHW song with the female vocalist taking up so much space on the track)

Husk: 8.5/10 (more on the solemn side but has standout lyrics and feels more personal than the other tracks)
Force Of Life: 9/10 (absolutely phat with unique elements)
Iron Dice: 7/10 (decent, but doesn't standout and honestly I dont like Randy Reimenn. The pitch of his screams just hurts the ears)
Dystopia: 8/10 (not bad, not a fan of the slow intervals but I like the heavy)
2033: 8.5/10 (has this brooding atmosphere I'm a fan of and is a great finisher)
Stands out to me alot more than Ark. Ark would mostly just fade into the background for me with a few standout tracks. Whereas this has far more standout moments and while some of the experimenting doesn't pay off alot of it does. The whole album has this really unique vibe and overall I think it's great.
8.5/10

Album's a mess but it's an appealing mess. I have never been a fan of these guys but I quite like some songs in this. I just dont get how the same band wrote Worldwide suicide and a song like Crossroads or Husk (remember, heavy doesnt mean better)

• Upvote 1

Not their best album but there sure is a few good tracks only song I'm confused about is crossroads it's mainly just the female vocalist 🤷‍♀️can you class it as an in hearts wake song? lol 

Crisis into Worldwide Suicide is such a banger of a start to this album, with the latter being just 2 minutes of unadulterated chaos. You may call it chugging, but I call it a perfect display of energy and hype. Then Hellbringer comes along and while a tad basic at face value, I think there's a lot of substance here, and the production on it is so crisp and it somehow extenuates the heaviness.

Timebomb just sounds like Breaking Benjamin/TDG with IHW mid-screams...not a favorite. Crossroads I actually found cool, but Husk did nothing for me.

Force of Life is absolutely a high point, Iron Point is pretty good, and Dystopia grew on me since it's release. 

Lastly, closer was a fine song too.

Obvious not a real review here or anything, just giving a general opinion on the tracks. Overall though, I think the singles gave a better impression for the album than what it turned out to be, which is disappointing. Singles made me think it'll be a an easy top 10, but after listening, it just has a dance to grow into a top 10 spot for me. Still a good release though and feeling around a 7 after one listen.

mixed feelings about this album, im not a big fan of the screams but they sound better in other area's so whatever man i havent listened to all of it yet but imma just say 6/10 and finish it lmao

Yeah, Earthwalker is still their best album. I figured they'd never be able to top it. Album is decent enough though. Good attempt. 6/10.

• Upvote 2