Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Good Tiger - Raised In A Doomsday Cult (2020)

16 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is wonderful. Definitely my highlight of the day! Thank you all :)

Seeing all the tracks drop one by one made me itching to listen to this. Let's fucking gooo.

EDIT: As far as albums go, that's 3 for 3 in my book, the consistency from these guys is insane. 

• Love 2

jpUJCRq.gif

Love most of these tracks, another great record by great band. So glad I discovered them randomly 2 years ago

57 minutes ago, NieR:Automata™ said:

Love most of these tracks, another great record by great band. So glad I discovered them randomly 2 years ago

Random thought but your profile picture & Wake Up Get Up nod always makes me smile when I see you here lol

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Scenegear101 said:

Random thought but your profile picture & Wake Up Get Up nod always makes me smile when I see you here lol

lmao that's pretty wholesome thank you :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

=8) Thanks !

FLAC added!

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

This is such a pleasant listen. Loads of textures instrumentally and electronically compliment the soothing vocals quite well. Great song writing too.

Redshift starts with more promise than is delivered though, due to the repetitive and lackluster vocals. Animal Mother seems way too...basic for them. Seems like they just threw it in there to fill up the track listing a bit.

Other than those 2, the songs are full of quality. One other thing I love is how the lyrics are either conceptual and metaphorical, as well as minimal often times. Despite that, it feels like the songs are delivering full ideas without an overload of information/vocals. Lots to peel through here and I'll be happy to do so over many listens.

Closer is also absolutely nutty and so different from every other song on the track listing. It's more Citizen-like, than the proggy elements that litter the other songs. Way more aggressive and just louder too. Works well though. Really good record.

• Upvote 3

I love the direction this band has gone. They make such chill music that's relaxing and fun to listen to. Sometimes I wish it was just The Safety Fire riffs with Elliot's vocals though. Definitely happy to be able to listen to the whole album though. 

• Upvote 1

Oh my god this is amazing. I'm really really loving how they get proggier with each release; for me, this is their best album by far.

The Mars Volta influence is stronger with this one but the songwriting quality is just so good that I can forgive the striking similarities.

Am I the only one who misses Alex? Drummer is still good not knocking him just miss the chemistry they had. Very strong release and extremely happy they're still making new music 

• Upvote 2

Fucking love this band so much. They hit this perfect sweet spot for me with juuust enough technicality in the guitars and progressions, but they also don't go overboard into wankery and don't forget that a great song lives or dies on the actual songwriting (and not just a fuckload of riffs jammed together). That and Elliot's voice is just gold, I could listen to that dude sing a phonebook and enjoy it. I keep hoping that they'll pick up a little popularity though, I really want them to be able to continue being a thing and it's crazy that some of their songs only rack up like 10k plays, but maybe the accessibility of this album will win some new fans.

This album took WAY too long to come out, and Good Tiger released way too many songs before release. Lmao.

However! Still a really good album. I'm glad it's finally out. <3

18 hours ago, Kapital said:

Am I the only one who misses Alex? Drummer is still good not knocking him just miss the chemistry they had. Very strong release and extremely happy they're still making new music 

Alex was the best drummer they could've gotten in for them. I'll miss him being in this band (And in The Faceless)

• Upvote 1

i love these guys so much but cant get used to this production style, i hate how elliot's voice is drowned out most of the time, but it'll grow on me im sure

• Upvote 1