All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Summers

Stand Atlantic - Pink Elephant (2020)

31 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

skinny dipping is still their best album *chef's kisses*

but i'd say this is 7/10 album, i've heard all the singles before and 'blurry', 'like that' and 'soap' are the only songs that stands out to me the most

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Here's my thoughts:

Like That - damn this is a perfect way to start an album off, high energy, beautiful synth melodies, catchy boppy vibes, the vocal distortions throughout the track are amazing, Bonnie's vocals on this are arguably some of her best (4.5/5)

Shh! - This is probably the heaviest Stand Atlantic have sounded, I get serious Experiment on me - Halsey vibes from this, the ambient background electronics are superb and the hard and fast guitars are just damn good, the yelled vocals are just headbang worthy (5/5)

Blurry - Eh this is okay, it feels like they hit a wall here, after how high energy the first two tracks it feels weird for this to come in this early in the track listing, lowkey sounds like early 1975 / After Laughter Paramore a lil too much, not horrendous but not all that exciting (2.5/5)

Jurassic Park - Getting proper BYAM - Famous vibes, the bass line running through this track is so killer, but it feels weird coming straight after Blurry, this is carrying the same level of energy as the first two tracks so it felt weird they slowed down after them, overall a proper catchy song and was one of my more preferred singles (4/5)

Eviligo - At first the intro had me thinking oh shit here's another slow track in the middle of the tracklist, when that chorus kicks in the fucking track goes into 5th gear and absolutely kicks off, hell yeah subverting my expectations, I really love this track and the structure, feeling really nostalgic listening to this for some reason and I dunno quite why (4.5/5)

Wavelength - Best single out of the 5 they released. Just everything about this is what I adore about Stand Atlantic, the riffs, the synths, the drums, the bass, everything is just perfect to me (5/5)

Drink to Drown - Get in loser we're going crying, this song resonates with me really fucking hard and it's just really raw and vulnerable, if you love sad emo piano ballads this one's for you (4.5/5)

DWYW - Really good, more of the same from this album, sounds like a more energetic Blurry and just stands out a lot more, I think alot of pop-punk bands are gonna follow this sorta vibe similar to how WSTR did with Identity Crisis (4/5)

Silk & Satin - Okay this is a massive curve ball, sorta EDM / Electronica / Trap beatish, genuinely the most creative and out there track, the rain drop samples mixed in with the trap drums and the dreamy / etheral guitar licks in the back make this arguably the furthest departure from their comfort zone. This is great (4.5/5)

Soap - This 100% could've been on Skinny Dipping and I wouldn't have put it past them, this song is amazing and I can't get enough of it, genuinely love this shit, the chorus is amazing as hell, Soap by Stand Atlantic > Soap by As it Is (4/5)

Hate Me (Sometimes) - Second Best single next to wavelength, genuinely played the absolute shit out of it when it first dropped and still love it as much as I did when I first heard it (5/5)

Total Score: 4/5

BEST TRACKS: Wavelength, Hate Me (Sometimes), Shh!, Silk & Satin

WORST TRACKS: Blurry

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Ok after first playthrough I enjoyed this album slightly more than "Skinny Dipping"

Fav songs: "Blurry", "Eviligo", "Drink to Drown" and "Hate Me (Sometimes)"

Really good album and from now it's only gonna grow on me more and more

• Upvote 2

21212.png.6abc7bb7d412721e52435cc2800679ba.png

Really enjoyed this album, think it's on par with the last.

• Upvote 1

I found out about Stand Atlantic, Yours Truly, and Eat Your Heart Out on the same day. Yours Truly edged out the other two for me until the Hate Me (Sometimes) single came out and now this album has jumped them in my opinion. I'm still excited to see if Yours Truly can turn the tables with "Self Care" next month.

Stand out tracks: Hate Me (Sometimes)Like That , Soap, DWYW

Good stuff, right up there with their last album 

Singles were nice. Definitely will check it out. Thanks!

Just finished. It's a bit of a step down from Skinny Dipping (which I held up pretty high to be fair), but it's still enjoyable throughout and it feels like there's something for everybody. Favorite tracks are Like That, Hate Me (Sometimes), Eviligo, DWYW, and Jurassic Park.

This album really has it all

• Upvote 1

Gonna put some headphones on and listen to this while I skate around the pool, eating pizza

• Upvote 1

I'm not usually a huge fan of pop punk but there are some exceptions like these guys, stoked to listen to this later. Loved all the singles

• Upvote 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

I've never listened to this band before but holy hell. This is fucking good. Really dialed in, catchy pop-punk, I'm loving it. 

• Upvote 2

Better than the first album in my opinion.

cant wait to receive the vinyl. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

not sure why that would warrant a “confused” reaction but, okay lol.  
I’m clearly not the only one who thinks it’s better than the first album. Either way, they’re both great.

• Love 1
  • Downvote 3

so fun and fast, love it

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Holy shit, I fucking loved!!! All is pure fire in here, man, it's pretty fun, It completely met my need for old Paramore, I can finally say RIP Paramore! lol

• Upvote 2

It's one of my favorite pop-punk albums of the year (so far).

This is an awesome album :)  I'm happy... so much pop punk recently :)  :)  :)  :) 

Drink to Drown is such a good song. Looking forward to the full album.

• Confused 1

On 8/6/2020 at 7:27 AM, jformjersey147 said:

I found out about Stand Atlantic, Yours Truly, and Eat Your Heart Out on the same day. Yours Truly edged out the other two for me until the Hate Me (Sometimes) single came out and now this album has jumped them in my opinion. I'm still excited to see if Yours Truly can turn the tables with "Self Care" next month.

Stand out tracks: Hate Me (Sometimes)Like That , Soap, DWYW

Dude Yours Truly is going to knock that record out of the park. Their singles have been on repeat for me. They truly know how to do catchy pop punk with energy just like Stand Atlantic. It’s a dream to see them live some day 

This album is more of a grower than Skinny Dipping, but there are some serious bangers on this one. It’s really flashy and bouncy pop punk. The lyrics are just wacky and I love it. I am still getting used to the more synth infused tracks as I appreciate them for trying a few things new. This is one of my all time favorite bands and can’t wait to see them live again some day to jam these new songs 

As expected, this album was a very enjoyable listen. It's definitely gonna take more time to grow on me than Skinny Dipping, but the rest of the songs were definitely on par with the singles.

Best songs: Wavelength, Silk & Satin (WARNING: This song is trap, and may throw some people off. Personally gives me Sleep Token vibes, though), Shh!

Like That and DWYW are gonna have to grow on me a tiny bit, but they're not bad.

So, obviously, I really like this. Honestly Bonnie's vocals and songwriting will always keep this band good for me.

My only gripe is, unless I'm mistaken here, Eviligo isn't a word and they made that up and that song makes no damn sense at all. Do correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Anyway, yes, is good. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

This is such a damn solid album. I absolutely love these guys. 

11 hours ago, Aria said:

So, obviously, I really like this. Honestly Bonnie's vocals and songwriting will always keep this band good for me.

My only gripe is, unless I'm mistaken here, Eviligo isn't a word and they made that up and that song makes no damn sense at all. Do correct me if I'm wrong lol.

Anyway, yes, is good. Thank you.

I assumed it was a play on vitiligo, meaning that the evil in the subject of the song is as noticeable as if it was on their skin

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, Tedwards_ said:

not sure why that would warrant a “confused” reaction but, okay lol.  
I’m clearly not the only one who thinks it’s better than the first album. Either way, they’re both great.

Don't worry, there's a few cooked units on the site 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, neebnoob18 said:

I assumed it was a play on vitiligo, meaning that the evil in the subject of the song is as noticeable as if it was on their skin

This is actually spot on like 100%

• Love 1

klbanneredo-min.png

6 hours ago, BlueWall said:

This is actually spot on like 100%

LET'S GOOOOO

Yall can't handle this BIG BRAIN

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

20200902_221303.jpg