Summers

Crystal Lake - The Voyages (2020)

70 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Jeeeezus ! 

• Haha 1

Can't fuckin wait to hurt my neck thx a alot

• Haha 2

Did they re-record Twisted Fate or is it the ~2015 mv version?

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

What are the chances this gets on Spotify 

13 minutes ago, desk said:

Did they re-record Twisted Fate or is it the ~2015 mv version?

https://www.monochrome-heaven.com/topic/59643-crystal-lake-re-recording-album-the-voyages-release/

They re-recorded songs of a few older releases with their past vocalist featuring Veron supposedly.

IIM73Fn.png

• Love 2

Soooooo fucking hyped let's go.

@Vexsten coming thru on the king shit <3 big love homie this is sounding killer

• Love 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Yeah this album is good but holy fuck Into the Great Beyond is in a league of its own. None of the other songs even come close.

• Upvote 3

I'm very curious how does those re-records went, loved the originals and hope to love them too

The track in the music video is very reminiscent of metalcore from the 2010's, reminds me of Killswitch Engage in many ways. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JESTER31 said:

The track in the music video is very reminiscent of metalcore from the 2010's, reminds me of Killswitch Engage in many ways. 

I think pretty much, if not all of the tracks on here are re-recordings of tracks from the late 2000s/early 2010s, so that makes sense really 

yeah epic

This is tasty. I do have to admit, that I never listened to any Crystal Lake album aside from Helix, so this was a complete new experience for me. And honestly? I probably should listen to more Crystal Lake in the future. This has some serious AOTY list potenial. I think I'm gonna dive into their discography soon.

I did know Open Water from Helix and well, this was a great remake of it, definitely. Other songs that I enjoyed a lot are The Burden, Daylight and Into The Great Beyond (that ending is MMMMMMM.)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Well it's fking great!!!! So much hype was worth the wait for this!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

So I think this is really well done but i'm a bit disappointed. I guess disappointed isn't the right word... but you can really tell how old these songs are. The quality and production is great but some of the musicianship is lacking a bit. 

That being said there are alot of fire riffs and breakdowns on this... I'll keep spinning it forsure. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Burst said:

@Burst Same here,I got into them in February I believe cause I never cared and this quarantine has helped me open up to new bands and for sure I can't tell this is one of my favorites, It's been a while since I don't listen an album with such energy and quality as much as I enjoyed this one today,simply amazing

Never listened to these guys till now. Major old school vibes. ghost inside and parkway comes to mind. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

So I think this is really well done but i'm a bit disappointed. I guess disappointed isn't the right word... but you can really tell how old these songs are. The quality and production is great but some of the musicianship is lacking a bit. 

That being said there are alot of fire riffs and breakdowns on this... I'll keep spinning it forsure. 

I'd say they deserve a small pass for those things. These were written a while ago. You are right that if you compare these to modern day core stuff, it does seem to lack a lot of originality. 

3 hours ago, corecorecore said:

What are the chances this gets on Spotify 

https://open.spotify.com/album/5NYgNbFDYoitXdy0bU1zk1

Man this is killer. You can definitely tell these were written 10+ years ago though. The lyric booklet has the original release dates for the songs, newest being 2010 and the oldest being from 2003 if anyone was curious.

• Upvote 2

i hope this isn't a start of a trend of remastered albums.. release something new

i don't mind bvb's, cause they're releasing a new album this year anyways

• Ban 2

This is GREAATTT

31 minutes ago, Vexsten said:

Man this is killer. You can definitely tell these were written 10+ years ago though. The lyric booklet has the original release dates for the songs, newest being 2010 and the oldest being from 2003 if anyone was curious.

what about Open Water which was on the deluxe version of Helix?

16 minutes ago, Matten08 said:

i hope this isn't a start of a trend of remastered albums.. release something new

i don't mind bvb's, cause they're releasing a new album this year anyways

this is a bit different than most re-releases I think. Not many people ( especially in the states) have ever heard these songs before or knew they existed. 

• Upvote 3

They're also a feature on a new SpiritBox song, it seems. Or just their vocalist is or whatever, don't know.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

Open Water was originally recorded in 2010 for their album The Great Beyond. I didn't know until I saw it on this album either lol. I've only listened to that album once like 3 years ago. 

39 minutes ago, jbellaire said:

this is a bit different than most re-releases I think. Not many people ( especially in the states) have ever heard these songs before or knew they existed. 

ahh kinda like a Japanese release only