Misery Signals - Ultraviolet (2020)

72 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Holy CRAP!! lets goooo!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

michael-b-michael-buble-242697.gif

9 songs feel so incomplete it drives me insane 

let's see if they come close to Controller..

• Upvote 4

Yeeeee Boi!!!!!! :jams:

Solid quality, thanks :)

• Haha 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

=8) Thanks !

I so needed this around 2015. Now my music taste has changed so much. I'm afraid I won't enjoy this and that saddens me as this used to be one of my favorite bands. Gotta check it out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

Amazing!!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Thanks and finally :)

Been waiting for this for so long! I hope i'm not disappointed.

Now lets get a new shai hulud album this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

thx leak IHW next

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ErkvtCvlt said:

thx leak IHW next

Dis is better

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

5 minutes ago, Summers said:

Dis is better

listenin this right now peace @Summers 💛

How’s the quality for 128? Don’t want to ruin my experience lol

It's okay. I'm a little disappointed it's only 9 tracks and two of them are filler (Through Vales & Redemption Key). Sunlifter re-recorded is sick.

7 minutes ago, cornbreadjohnson said:

It's okay. I'm a little disappointed it's only 9 tracks and two of them are filler (Through Vales & Redemption Key). Sunlifter re-recorded is sick.

you see them as filler because they are shorter? for me both songs are extremely good

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

you see them as filler because they are shorter? for me both songs are extremely good

Yeah, I suppose filler wasn't the right word. I just wanted more "normal" melodic metalcore-style songs than the style on those two. They may grow on me tho

what a great band

i fucking love them

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Please and thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Finally got to sit down and jam this and i'm loving it. I was a bit worried that I may have grew out of this sound... but i'll always love the sonic vibes Misery Signals give off. 

I would have liked a few more basic chuggy parts and the length of the album is pretty short. Other than that I don't have many complaints. The musicianship is on point per usual. Brendan Murphy is a God.

It's a bummer this could be the last Misery Signals album we get to enjoy. 

So, besides this being short, how is it compared to their previous material? I've only heard the single posted.

2 minutes ago, Pahc4life03 said:

So, besides this being short, how is it compared to their previous material? I've only heard the single posted.

They dropped 2 singles... and if you like any of their other stuff you will enjoy this. 

• Upvote 2

Personally I think this is phenomenal. The musicianship is top notch. In terms of where I would rank it based on my own taste it’s #2 behind controller, but that could change. This is a blend of malice and controller with a hint of absent light and it is beautiful.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

It's Misery Signals. Everything I have loved about this band, together in one album. I can only hope for more to come in the future, because this offering is amazing.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, cornbreadjohnson said:

Yeah, I suppose filler wasn't the right word. I just wanted more "normal" melodic metalcore-style songs than the style on those two. They may grow on me tho

Also to be noted. Through Vales was originally to be the 1st song on the record, similar to how they did on 'Of Malice'

They changed it around while in studio... recent track by track with Ryan and Jesse explains it.

**edit**

https://newnoisemagazine.com/interview-a-track-by-track-rundown-of-ultraviolet-with-jesse-zaraska-and-ryan-morgan-of-misery-signals/?fbclid=IwAR23fTcANkm8imjLc0kBKYsoZPsnvwqPZjJsG9XhYv-xpipzD-5fgQAIL8o

• Upvote 1

It's stupid to "grow out of" kinds of music.  You're only limiting yourself.  It's ok to grow and still like things from your youth.  I still love Ninja Turtles.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, JunBringer said:

It's stupid to "grow out of" kinds of music.  You're only limiting yourself.  It's ok to grow and still like things from your youth.  I still love Ninja Turtles.  

Yeah but to say you enjoy Ninja Turtles as much as you did when you were a kid lol I think that's unlikely and I think that's what people mean by growing out of this style of music. Still enjoyable but not the way it used to be ya know? 

• Upvote 4

Am I the only one unable to download? Says filecrypt is down or something..