Cosmic Reaper

Creak - Bitter Picture [EP] (2020)

12 posts in this topic

oh fuck yeah

• Love 1

really, really, REALLY enjoyed this front to back, and while I think the Lotus Eater/Loathe comparison is pretty unavoidable, you guys are doing this sound SUPER fuckin well.

vocals and riffs are absolutely killer, production sounds HUGE (particularly the drums, love the way Erik mixes drums), songwriting is super coherent, and all the heavy bits hit like a TRUCK (breakdowns on Eyes WIthout a Face, Sullen and At Fault made me audibly go "OOOOOOO") 

sick job, can't wait to hear more in the future-- and hopefully see you guys live, COVID permitting 

• Love 1

I really do like this EP, it's solid and it's really well produced and has some really good moments.

However the biggest gripe I have at the moment is how many glaring influences there are on this record with your contemporaries i.e Lotus Eater, Loathe, MTXS etc.

Like the locale, videographer and sound for eyes without a face does sound and look exactly like a Loathe song just without Kadeem, Erik or Connor featuring, like Zak is an incredible videographer don't get me wrong but at the same time wouldnt it be better to have your own flair and your own style that sorta separates you from the rest of the guys?

Like you guys have got serious potential and you certainly know how to write crushingly good music but it feels like you're resting on the laurels of others with this record.

It's good but I really wanna see how you guys can put your own flare on stuff going forward 

• Love 1

klbanneredo-min.png

I think the Eyes Without A Face didn't do this EP justice as a single. I feel like Sullen, At Fault and Bitter Picture are the best tracks on this, and they have elements that make the EP stand a bit more on it's own. Like the 1:15 part on Sullen, the little bits of electronics and various effects in At Fault. As I've mentioned in the single thread, the whole EP's influence by Loathe and Lotus Eater is quite apparent, and besides a few moments, there's barely anything where the band's trying to differentiate itself from its peers. 

Didn't really care for the interlude and I don't think it's necessary in an EP but the intro sets up the tone perfectly.

With all that being said, this is well produced, well written and hits just the perfect amount for a debut EP, honestly if not for the interlude I'd say it gets better with each song. At Fault is easily my fave song here, perfect length, pacing, nice little ideas sprinkled throughout. More like that. With time hopefully you'll branch out and craft your own identity and be part of the bigger bands that currently inspire/help produce and not just their "little brother".

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Thank you to everybody who has sat and listened to this, whether you enjoyed it or not, we madly appreciate every single one of you for taking the time out of your day to listen to our music. All of the criticisms and space to grow have been duly noted, and is one of the reasons why I think the Kingdom Leaks community is a great place for smaller bands.

if you enjoyed it then that’s amazing, but if not then hopefully it won’t be too long before we can release some more tunes and try to bring you around! 

Thanks for listening 🖤

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

7 minutes ago, Six Souls said:

Thank you to everybody who has sat and listened to this, whether you enjoyed it or not, we madly appreciate every single one of you for taking the time out of your day to listen to our music. All of the criticisms and space to grow have been duly noted, and is one of the reasons why I think the Kingdom Leaks community is a great place for smaller bands.

if you enjoyed it then that’s amazing, but if not then hopefully it won’t be too long before we can release some more tunes and try to bring you around! 

Thanks for listening 🖤

i know i had a fair bit of criticism but it was a really solid release dude, hope to see you at a show again soon 

• Love 1

klbanneredo-min.png

I think you have more potential than the bands you are compared. Just find your own thing, step aside from this typical djent sound. I like the vibe of the interludes/intros, a specially in Bitter Picture song. It reminds me Lycia - ionia album. Keep them, atmospheric stuff are always good with heaviness.

• Love 1

fucking love this man

• Love 1