Feeshmon

Black Veil Brides - Re-Stitch These Wounds (2020)

95 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

sad to see andy didnt sing morticians daughter, but i was glad jinxx got the overture overall 11/10 because i'm biased 

There we go. That's the good stuff.

• Love 1

I AM SO READY RIGHT NOW.

I ORDERED BOTH VERSIONS OF THE VINYL AND THE PHYSICAL CD TOO

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

Is this final version ?

yoo this is so good 💦

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Looks like today my colleagues at work are gonna listen this one... a lot

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

This made me so fucking genuinely happy I don't even know what to say.

Holy fuck

• Love 3

How come Andy didn't sing on The Mortician's Daughter? 

• Upvote 1

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

Just now, Swanny said:

How come Andy didn't sing on The Mortician's Daughter? 

He wrote the original about his ex.

He's a married man now, I very much love the change.

• Upvote 6

The singles didn't do the album justice. This album sounds pretty fantastic. Pretty much exactly what you'd want out of a re recording of a 10 year old record.

Just the very start of Never Give In sounded a bit too digital for my liking.. 

• Love 2

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

I'm gonna definitely be in the minority here but fuck is this bad, the mixing is so all over the place, i can't tell if the drums are programmed or a live kit that's how bad they sound to me, the screams on knives and pens are absolutely pitiful, the guitar sounds too clean, the overall feel of this re-release just seem like a massive cashgrab from Andy and the band, like this has lost the spirit of what made OG BVB, for the lack of a better term, Edgy.

The problem with this release for me the most is why?

What was the need to redo this album, it's not like they've been broken up for a decade or something, there's 0 need for this.

I guess if you're a fan of newer BVB then this will tickle your pickle but to be honest this just feels really hollow and bland 

• Upvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

5 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

I'm gonna definitely be in the minority here but fuck is this bad, the mixing is so all over the place, the screams on knives and pens are absolutely pitiful, the overall feel of this re-release just seem like a massive cashgrab from Andy and the band.

The problem with this for me the most is why?

What was the need to redo this album, it's not like they've been broken up for a decade or something, there's 0 need for this.

I guess if you're a fan of newer BVB then this will tickle your pickle but to be honest this just feels really hollow and bland 

Gonna address several things here.

This is in no-way a cash grab. Andy has stated multiple times since 2013 that he didn't like the original version of the album due to the next to nothing budget they had while recording it (on top of recording it in a jingles studio in the middle of the night most nights). They even tried to do a re-recording of it with a bigger budget back in 2013 when they were signed to Universal. He dislikes the original album.

It's not about whether they were broken up or not, it's about the fact that the original album didn't fulfill the vision they had for it, so they re-recorded it, and as someone who has several lyrics from this album tattooed on me, I think it's better than the original. Sure the mixing is a bit out of whack sometimes, but the charm and atmosphere more than makes up for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

Love this a lot. Excited for their live performance of this in full on Saturday! 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, MyTearsYW said:

Gonna address several things here.

This is in no-way a cash grab. Andy has stated multiple times since 2013 that he didn't like the original version of the album due to the next to nothing budget they had while recording it (on top of recording it in a jingles studio in the middle of the night most nights). They even tried to do a re-recording of it with a bigger budget back in 2013 when they were signed to Universal. He dislikes the original album.

It's not about whether they were broken up or not, it's about the fact that the original album didn't fulfill the vision they had for it, so they re-recorded it, and as someone who has several lyrics from this album tattooed on me, I think it's better than the original. Sure the mixing is a bit out of whack sometimes, but the charm and atmosphere more than make up for it.

There's little to no charm off of this, the original has heart and charm because knowing their history it shows how determined and hardworking they were for the music, this is a really lazy attempt at a rerelease.

Just because he wasnt happy with it when he released it and when he looks back on it, doesn't mean that you should necessarily go back and try to change it, and if you wanted to change it to make it better wouldn't you want to make it sound as good as possible?

It's just baffling to me that if Andy's so passionate about rereleasing this album why wouldn't himself, the band and the producer work as hard as humanly possible to make this the best version of it as possible if it means so much to him 🤷‍♂️

Just some food for thought 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

klbanneredo-min.png

Just now, BlueWall said:

There's little to no charm off of this, the original has heart and charm because knowing their history it shows how determined and hardworking they were for the music, this is a really lazy attempt at a rerelease.

Just because he wasnt happy with it when he released it and when he looks back on it, doesn't mean that you should necessarily go back and try to change it, and if you wanted to change it to make it better wouldn't you want to make it sound as good as possible?

It's just baffling to me that if Andy's so passionate about rereleasing this album why wouldn't himself, the band and the producer work as hard as humanly possible to make this the best version of it as possible if it means so much to him 🤷‍♂️

That's the thing, you're taking your subjective opinion of the album's sound and applying it to how the band feels about their own album.

If you dislike something from your past and have the opportunity to change it, you should 100% change it. That whole logic train of "don't change the past" makes no sense to me.

This was a completely in-house produced project. Jake (the lead guitarist) and Jinxx (the rhythm guitarist and composer) did all the production work on this album. 

• Upvote 2

My 

2 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

It's just supposed to sound better, which it does. I knew people were gonna reach for wild statements like that because they're blinded by nostalgia the second they announced this two years ago. You're pathetically predictable.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 5

I love the mix, especially the drums atm

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

My 

It's just supposed to sound better, which it does. I knew people were gonna reach for wild statements like that because they're blinded by nostalgia the second they announced this two years ago. You're pathetically predictable.

It's like the people I'm seeing in the comments of the Mortician's Daughter video upset that it's an instrumental.

Andy wrote the original version of that song when he was 15 for his ex-girlfriend. He's literally almost 30 years old now and married, singing that now would feel weird and I actually really appreciate the change.

• Upvote 1

Fuck this is sooo goood. Imma be jammin this alot

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

I really think this album is completely flawless. Definitely exceeded my expectations in everyway easy 10/10 and possible album of the year contender 

• Love 1

Fuck after fully listening to this I'm blown away. This is so much more satisfying than Vale. I love the part after the breakdown in Knives and Pens that sounds djenty. Heaven's Calling, the title track, Beautiful Remains, Knives and Pens, and Perfect Weapon are my absolute favorites here. I hope making this puts them in a heavy mood and that the next album slaps like this.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

My 

I'm really not reaching for anything? I'm literally picking apart flaws in the quality and level of this reissue, the fact that you're claiming I'm a nostalgia nut is laughable, I'm all for bands re-releasing an album their happy with providing it's done with a level of actual quality or care, look at a band like silent planet who reissued their most popular album and smashed it out the park with stellar production and beautiful added flourishes.

I don't actually have much nostalgia for Black Veil Brides, they were a band that I've always appreciated and respected however they were never a band that I would spin 24/7, the fact you can't take actual constructive criticism and just assume that I'm a hater is pitiful

• Upvote 2

klbanneredo-min.png

1 minute ago, BlueWall said:

I'm really not reaching for anything? I'm literally picking apart flaws in the quality and level of this reissue, the fact that you're claiming I'm a nostalgia nut is laughable, I'm all for bands re-releasing an album their happy with providing it's done with a level of actual quality or care, look at a band like silent planet who reissued their most popular album and smashed it out the park with stellar production and beautiful added flourishes.

I don't actually have much nostalgia for Black Veil Brides, they were a band that I've always appreciated and respected however they were never a band that I would spin 24/7, the fact you can't take actual constructive criticism and just assume that I'm a hater is pitiful

Constructive criticism has to be valid to be constructive criticism. You're trying to pick at the quality of this like the original had better quality? That's constructive how? Yes, you're reaching.

Not to mention even when not compared to the original this has beautiful quality. Yeah man, I'm so sure you're such an expert on production  🙄

• Downvote 1

Next album they should have you step in as producer since you clearly know what you're talking about 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Constructive criticism has to be valid to be constructive criticism. You're trying to pick at the quality of this like the original had better quality? That's constructive how? Yes, you're reaching.

Not to mention even when not compared to the original this has beautiful quality. Yeah man, I'm so sure you're such an expert on production  🙄

Okay so you want to have a lil background context to me then:

Studied music all through Secondary School, College and Uni.

Been a music producer for the past 3 years.

Touring musician for 4 years.

Done A&R and Music Promotion for 2 years.

I know quite alot about mixing and production, considering I spend of my day doing so, I've worked in the industry for a decent length of time now and I can comfortably say that this is a poor reissue, yeah this doesn't sound better at all, when you hear the quality of all the other stuff they've released since STW then this is nowhere near enough the quality of work I expect from BVB for issues I've previously mentioned.

If you want me to do a full review on this album and everything that's wrong with it I'll be more than happy to do so.

• Upvote 2

klbanneredo-min.png

53 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

Okay so you want to have a lil background context to me then:

Studied music all through Secondary School, College and Uni.

Been a music producer for the past 3 years.

Touring musician for 4 years.

Done A&R and Music Promotion for 2 years.

I know quite alot about mixing and production, considering I spend of my day doing so, I've worked in the industry for a decent length of time now and I can comfortably say that this is a poor reissue, yeah this doesn't sound better at all, when you hear the quality of all the other stuff they've released since STW then this is nowhere near enough the quality of work I expect from BVB for issues I've previously mentioned.

If you want me to do a full review on this album and everything that's wrong with it I'll be more than happy to do so.

If you did music production then you would know this is some pretty good production

• Confused 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, saved my day

Just finished listening to it, they should've put more emphasis on the screams and the lack of emotion for the "woahs", to the point where I gotta bump up the volume a bit so that I can hear it. Other than that the instrumentals are fantastic, hella saved my life once again from the bullies at high school

• Upvote 1

Hello, dear old friend. Can't believe it's been 10 years since I met you.

• Love 2