Feeshmon

Black Veil Brides - Re-Stitch These Wounds (2020)

95 posts in this topic

It sounds better than the original, most definately.

still

Good for nostalgia if you grew up on this, otherwise, meh.

Other Releases by

Overall this is alright just alright, the cleans are pretty good but my God the screams are fucking trash in areas I feel if this was another band they would get called out for this so I will mention it here

• Upvote 3

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Time goes by so fast :')

"It's just noise"

13232.png

can't say I have a lot of personal nostalgia for this band (I was a minor fan, liked a few tracks here and there but not a huge amount of their stuff), but MAN I'm really enjoying this 

mixing is kinda outta wack sometimes BUT I think it sounds so much better than the original in pretty much every way. and these songs are actually pretty fuckin great, really does seem like all this album needed to be great was a production touch up. I wish the screams were a LITTLE better but I guess you can't win em all

• Upvote 3

yeah epic

love the nostalgia ride, hearing All Your Hate again and the Heaven's Calling solo is bringing back memories hahaha

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Man this is such a throwback. Still remember being in 8th and an old friend of mine Jaime showing me this band and Bring Me the Horizon. So amazing to hear this album with incredible production. The guitar riffs, melodies and solos still hold up so well today and after 10 years to hone their skills it sounds even better today. One of the best re-recordings in recent memory.

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Good revisit. Brings back memories. Now I can upgrade my Myspace download of Knives and Pens

• Haha 3

I dont really listen to this band but this an old album from 10 years ago remade? No wonder the riffs sound amazing!!! Still not a big fan of the clean vocals though. Great album overall however 👌 

I let my thoughts marinate over night and it’s definitely still a 10/10 for me. This album is one of the things that got me into heavier music and my taste has been pretty much shaped around this record. It’s honestly a really amazing experience to see all the people loving the album with similar experiences to me

• Upvote 1

Fuck I just found this. We all need to be thankful Andy didn't call it quits, Vale really was almost the last BVB record and it's all because he wanted to get away from Ash. Fuck Ash. Welcome Lonny. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Fuck I just found this. We all need to be thankful Andy didn't call it quits, Vale really was almost the last BVB record and it's all because he wanted to get away from Ash. Fuck Ash. Welcome Lonny. 

I saw that awhile ago man. That’s why this record is so important 

24 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Fuck I just found this. We all need to be thankful Andy didn't call it quits, Vale really was almost the last BVB record.

I'm gonna lowkey be a dick here, but if he felt that strongly against Ash then he shouldve just removed him from the band, he should've just been straight up and not pussyfooted around the situation.

Vale was fucking boring as shit and bland as hell, the only thing stopping me from ever giving it a 0/10 is the fact that the production wasn't half bad. Andy clearly was finding success with his Andy black material, he could've easily either just ended BVB and continued on with his side stuff or just kicked ash out when he should've done.

20 minutes ago, StinkyWinky said:

That’s why this record is so important

This record isn't that important, it's a re-recording of their debut album done poorly, after reading through the entire thread and looking at the constant circlejerk it's actually annoying to see that noone can be critical about a band they like because they can't see past the rose tinted glasses.

Sorry for the rant but it feels like everyone's just getting blindsided by the nostalgia and can't see this for what it truly is 

• Downvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

7 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

I'm gonna lowkey be a dick here, but if he felt that strongly against Ash then he shouldve just removed him from the band, he should've just been straight up and not pussyfooted around the situation.

Vale was fucking boring as shit and bland as hell, the only thing stopping me from ever giving it a 0/10 is the fact that the production wasn't half bad. Andy clearly was finding success with his Andy black material, he could've easily either just ended BVB and continued on with his side stuff or just kicked ash out when he should've done.

This record isn't that important, it's a re-recording of their debut album done poorly, after reading through the entire thread and looking at the constant circlejerk it's actually annoying to see that noone can be critical about a band they like because they can't see past the rose tinted glasses.

Sorry for the rant but it feels like everyone's just getting blindsided by the nostalgia and can't see this for what it truly is 

Bro why the fuck are you so angry that people enjoy this😂 vale was ass I agree completely the self titled wasn’t that great. If you think the bands so terrible you don’t need to comment multiple paragraphs about how much you hate them and their fanbase. Go comment on posts from bands you like. There’s really no reason to be overly aggressive towards fans who are really happy to hear a retelling of album that either got them into a band they love or actually saved their lives. No need for you to be mad at that. If you think it’s bad that’s totally fine. And yes this album is important they Litteraly would have broken up before this came out. Loney brought new life to this band as a group of friends making music. Now maybe they’ll be happy with right music which at the end of the day is what it’s all about. Like it or not the artists are satisfied and happy with their work and that’s what should matter

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, BlueWall said:

Ash owned (and still does) 50% of the band. Andy is currently in legal battle to obtain full ownership of the band. Notice how as soon as they were able to change record labels and kick him, they did. They contractually couldn't before. This is why you do your homework before opening your mouth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Also only one blinded by nostalgia is you because you're sucking the original album's dick so much. Again, the original had shitty production and you're really trying to say this one has worse production? 😂 Clean your ears man. It's one thing to say, "I like the original better because I enjoy the raw sound more" or "because the original recording has a special place in my heart." Those are respectable reasons. Making claims that are way out there like saying the production sucks when the original had MUCH worse production is just ridiculous.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

Also only one blinded by nostalgia is you because you're sucking the original album's dick so much. Again, the original had shitty production and you're really trying to say this one has worse production? 😂 Clean your ears man. It's one thing to say, "I like the original better because I enjoy the raw sound more" or "because the original recording has a special place in my heart." Those are respectable reasons. Making claims that are way out there like saying the production sucks when the original had MUCH worse production is just ridiculous.

i have never once sucked the originals dick, i literally have stated that the production of We Stitch These Wounds was a product of its time and was better that way, Re-stitch these wounds for the time and era we're in is fucking inexcusable.
there is no reason for this album to be so fucking poorly mixed especially after how popular they are.
they know how fucking big they are and how many eyes are on this and this is probably the most laughable attempts at a rerelease.

and no word of a fuckin lie any label with a level of respect would be able to legally make ash give up his share of the fucking band.
it happens in esports teams, it happens in sports teams etc, he wouldve been removed, there was ZERO reason to pussyfoot around it and act woe is me.

Fuck this re-release, its lazy and fuckin pointless.

the fact you're still trying to argue with me when you have probably never even slaved for days on end behind a fucking keyboard working in a DAW trying to produce music to the best of your ability.
This is not a fucking full release.
this is the demo tapes for the re-recording 

• Downvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Hot damn all I cared about was the Knives And Pens re-recording but apparently this album hass caused another KL War.

• Haha 4

New vocals and mix are fantastic. Not a fan of the one-shot snare sample, it just bothers me to no end if high-budget records are too lazy to humanize their drums and use the same sample throughout the record.

1 hour ago, BlueWall said:

i have never once sucked the originals dick, i literally have stated that the production of We Stitch These Wounds was a product of its time and was better that way, Re-stitch these wounds for the time and era we're in is fucking inexcusable.
there is no reason for this album to be so fucking poorly mixed especially after how popular they are.
they know how fucking big they are and how many eyes are on this and this is probably the most laughable attempts at a rerelease.

and no word of a fuckin lie any label with a level of respect would be able to legally make ash give up his share of the fucking band.
it happens in esports teams, it happens in sports teams etc, he wouldve been removed, there was ZERO reason to pussyfoot around it and act woe is me.

Fuck this re-release, its lazy and fuckin pointless.

the fact you're still trying to argue with me when you have probably never even slaved for days on end behind a fucking keyboard working in a DAW trying to produce music to the best of your ability.
This is not a fucking full release.
this is the demo tapes for the re-recording 

You're the one that brought the argument back up 😂 And no, that's not how ownership or contracts work. You clearly know absolutely nothing about anything you're talking about. Why you even bothered to put your two cents in is beyond me.

But it's nice to see stating facts makes you go off on a whole essay of a rant 👍

9 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

You're the one that brought the argument back up 😂 And no, that's not how ownership or contracts work. You clearly know absolutely nothing about anything you're talking about. Why you even bothered to put your two cents in is beyond me.

But it's nice to see stating facts makes you go off on a whole essay of a rant 👍

2 cents is being suuuuuper generous 

42 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

You're the one trying to tell me how music works when it's my day job, you have 0 clue how business actually works, you're just some dumbass trying to speak on shit that you have no actual understanding on.

You ever heard of buying out someone's share in a fucking business, you ever heard of the majority shareholder or a third party activating a clause that can terminate a shareholder? You want the perfect example of shit like that happening go search up the downfall of Echo Fox eSports, Rick Fox created the team, built it up from the fucking dirt, became one of the most beloved fucking figures in League of legends eSports, and then had a business partner completely fuck him over and ruin the business and they had to pay him to leave and even then it was still possible.

Summerian could've easily fucking removed Ash from Black Veil Brides and if you don't think so you're a fucking idiot, if people can get called out for allegations and dropped in the same day Ash could've been kicked out for being a piece of shit in the same fashion.

Stop putting BVB on a fucking pedestal, they were cool back in 2011 but now they're fucking stagnant and boring, they've failed to evolve and can't let go of the past and they kept hoping that lightning is gonna strike twice and they'll blow again.

Andy has his solo stuff, the movie he made, the new series he's got coming out, he's got a million and one different avenues of income but he can't let BVB go, I've seen bands call it quits over less easy as.

Anyways you're fucking boring me half to death because you understand NOTHING about the music industry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

klbanneredo-min.png

I remember being an emo brat when the original version of this came out and saying "man, they butchered Knives & Pens hard out".
Hearing the re-recording for the third time, I'd say it's the best version.
My biggest problem with this album is the production on Andy's screamed vocals. His singing sounds top notch but the screams sound purposely buried in the mix.

Dunno, who cares what I think. I'm not even a fan of the band.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:35 AM, MyTearsYW said:

If you dislike something from your past and have the opportunity to change it, you should 100% change it. That whole logic train of "don't change the past" makes no sense to me.

Never actually saw this reply at the time but that thought process is actually stupid.

People learn and grow from their past, shit happens for a reason.

Theres shit thats happened in my past that I'd love to change but I've grown from it and learned and moulded myself to be better than it.

No single person is perfect, no single album is ever perfect, even bands I absolutely adore to no end, bands that I've got tattoos from, have released bad songs and lower than I expected albums, I still like them but I can actually be subjective and not let my personal biases stand in the way.

Vale was also co-produced by Jake, Vale had good mixing and good production and that was the standard and the mark it had to hit and it missed the ball.

Anyways this thread is done for me, you Stan them good for you but if you want them to actually get better as a band learn to stop taking everything they release as perfect.

klbanneredo-min.png

On 7/31/2020 at 12:21 AM, BlueWall said:

I'm gonna definitely be in the minority here but fuck is this bad, the mixing is so all over the place, i can't tell if the drums are programmed or a live kit that's how bad they sound to me, the screams on knives and pens are absolutely pitiful, the guitar sounds too clean, the overall feel of this re-release just seem like a massive cashgrab from Andy and the band, like this has lost the spirit of what made OG BVB, for the lack of a better term, Edgy.

The problem with this release for me the most is why?

What was the need to redo this album, it's not like they've been broken up for a decade or something, there's 0 need for this.

I guess if you're a fan of newer BVB then this will tickle your pickle but to be honest this just feels really hollow and bland 

The production on this reissue is fucking great and clean af...the hell are you listening to this on? I am at a loss for all you've said here lmfao

This finally made me LOVE this album. Sounds so goddamn good. Hated the production of the original release back then...this is what I hoped for and more

41 minutes ago, Venomborn said:

The production on this reissue is fucking great and clean af...the hell are you listening to this on? I am at a loss for all you've said here lmfao

Listened to this through DT770 going through a phantom PSU in FLAC and there's so many imbalances in the levels of the tracks, the drums are 100% midi'd and done poorly, the vocal mixes are so hit or miss throughout, there's times where the sound of the track is so compressed and makes the entire track sound flat as fuck, there's times where the guitars overpower Andy's vocals and make it annoying to sit through the album.

Ive already given multiple reasonings as to why this release was meh, I've listened to the album about 7 times now trying to get myself to be more forgiving but I cant.

I've laboured my point enough and I'm not gonna take it any further than that

klbanneredo-min.png

Listened to this using Chinese in-ear monitors through my chinese model phone and it sounds fine by me 😉

Lmao the one shot snare is real bad. Remember kids, having all your drums at 127 isn't cool anymore nor should it ever have been

• Upvote 4

hmmmm.. kinda meh if I'm being honest. Some things are obviously much better. All of their playing (and singing) has improved and you can hear that. But throughout the album a lot of the drums and guitars sound more like industrial machinery than amplified instruments and the screams.. well they are clearly fucked up in the mix. 

• Upvote 1

I have never listened to this band up until now.

I really dig this.

The rffs are big and the vocals remind me of Matt Skiba.

I had to go back and compare this recording to the old one when I found out it was a rework.

Gotta say this sounds leaps and bounds better/bigger than the OG.

Stoked on this!!!

3 hours ago, kylejose05 said:

Listened to this using Chinese in-ear monitors through my chinese model phone and it sounds fine by me 😉

Xi Jinping has ur data bro

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20200902_221303.jpg