desk

Hollywood Undead - Idol (feat. Tech N9ne) [Single] (2020)

30 posts in this topic

iPKwmre.jpg.887682677536b7cadf9b1c83b11c

Leaked
Release - July 31, 2020
Genre - Rapcore, Trap
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Idol (feat. Tech N9ne) (4:07)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Other Releases by

Didn't expect it to be this heavy after what they've told us about the upcoming album.

• Upvote 1

That beat drop fucking slaps....definitely need that pt. 2 release date soon!

• Upvote 2

Holy crap batman insane! One of my favorites this year already!

• Upvote 1

Did I just find back the hope I lost in HU 6 years ago?

Perhaps I did, this shit is good

• Upvote 2

Fuck yes! I was worried we'd get another terrible Funny Man trap song like Another Level or Guzzle Guzzle, but NOPE! This fucking slaps!!

Fire!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

This is hard enough!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

God damn this actually slaps. HU got so much potential, fr would have loved a funnyman verse on this track. 

Yeah, is awesome. Sorta stuff I want from them. 

somehow this was good. shocker.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

I mean I would argue  their last album or EP whatever you want to call it is their best material in years 

• Upvote 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

This is a HUGE step up from Part 1. I kinda lost hope because Part 1 was disappointing to me, it's like they got rid of all the flare that made them HU. This is REALLY good.

Also, I dunno if anyone can chime in. But the single cover seems to have a nod to Danny's mask style.... now I don't know if that's just a little easter egg for past masks or if it means we're finally getting new one's. Because in the teasers it seems Tech N9ne has makeup or a mask on, and we haven't seen any members teased in the video

Please please please, fingers crossed, that they aren't officially done with them

1 hour ago, Summers said:

I mean I would argue  their last album or EP whatever you want to call it is their best material in years 

I have to disagree, but I understand why people love it. It's a lot more mature than older stuff, the songwriting is drastically better, no doubt. But as a lifelong HU fan, I never got into HU for mature or incredible songwriting. The Part 1 album, there's just nothing that makes it special to me. It's like they went bland to try and be a more 'serious' band, and I know that'll bring in a new fanbase for sure. But I miss the old style from NTFU and AT.

But this song slaps

• Upvote 2

Only listened once, and it's alright. I'm sure it'll grow on me once I listen a few more times, but I wasn't too impressed on first listen. Vol. 1 is still great though, definitely in my top 3 albums of this year so far.

I really expected way worse, but overall it's okay. Lyrics are crap, but never expected anything big here, vocally HU are really weak in some places on this one, but damn those instrumentals and overall structure of the song bought me

• Downvote 1

Definitely more HU than most of Vol 1 even though it had unironically some of the best songs they made in years. This track is good except that dubstep garbage but if the whole EP is going to sound similar to this count me in 

4 hours ago, Summers said:

did you not see my comment on the EP. Hated it. still do.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

And? Is he not allowed to disagree with you?

14 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

Makes no sense though you like similar stuff lol

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

2 minutes ago, Summers said:

Reborn 2 is gonna shit on this, just wait for the song : )

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, blakewarford said:

This is a HUGE step up from Part 1. I kinda lost hope because Part 1 was disappointing to me, it's like they got rid of all the flare that made them HU. This is REALLY good.

Also, I dunno if anyone can chime in. But the single cover seems to have a nod to Danny's mask style.... now I don't know if that's just a little easter egg for past masks or if it means we're finally getting new one's. Because in the teasers it seems Tech N9ne has makeup or a mask on, and we haven't seen any members teased in the video

Please please please, fingers crossed, that they aren't officially done with them

It's just an easter egg, the masks are not coming back, J-Dog appeared in a backstage video with the same type of "undead" makeup as Tech N9ne.

11 hours ago, Rian-AL said:

It's just an easter egg, the masks are not coming back, J-Dog appeared in a backstage video with the same type of "undead" makeup as Tech N9ne.

Unfortunately, I figured this was the case :(

A man can hope

Million times better than CMFT, But RR is king. 

I'm a sucker for their heavier songs, now I hope the rest of Vol 2 will keep this style

17 hours ago, Summers said:

idk it just didnt do it for me. To me mainly it was the production level.

22 hours ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

I wonder what Eagle Owl thinks of i- oh wait, you are eagle owl

10 minutes ago, BenjaminBurnley said:

idk it just didnt do it for me. To me mainly it was the production level.

Speaks of Production yet has never released a song with passable production at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

Tech's verse was nice, and when the drop first happened, it was cool. However, after a while the song got repetitive when the same drop happened over and over. Had the same sorta feeling like I did with the new Fit for a King song.  

6.5/10

thanks