Summers

NORTHLANE - Alien (Deluxe Edition) (2020)

34 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Amazing album. Nuff' said.

Shiny instrumentals tho :O

• Love 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

AOTY

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Well this just proves my theory that 0:45 on Jinn is a sample from late 90s Ann Lee's eurodance track Two Times.

• Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

still northlane's best, excited to hear these instrumentals so I can appreciate the production even more

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Still one of the best albums!!!!!

• Upvote 3

I’ve listened to this twice already. The mixing is so good on the instrumentals. You can hear everything now, stuff that couldn’t be heard before. 

Synths sound super prominent without Marcus over them. Not better by any means, just a different experience which I love. AOTY.

Don't get me wrong I love Northlane. And this is one of my albums. But I wish their "Deluxe Editions" didn't mean 1 new song and instrumentals. I wanted more of that good good, ya feel

• Upvote 6

tumblr_md1fborwNz1re7dvho1_500[1].gif

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

Don't get me wrong I love Northlane. And this is one of my albums. But I wish their "Deluxe Editions" didn't mean 1 new song and instrumentals. I wanted more of that good good, ya feel

To each their own but I looooove instrumental versions, this is more than enough for me. Enemy of the Night was just an added bonus

• Upvote 2

I fucking hate useless deluxe editions like this. 1 new song and instrumentals? Just put the fucking song on the album and release an instrumental album after.

Anyways, core AOTY 2020 because its Alien and even tho I dont love the new song, its better than 99% of core releases this year

• Upvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

This is so disappointing, I really hoped for something more than one random track as this "Deluxe Edition", now it feels even more like just ripped out of the first version of standard tracklist

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Q.N3RD said:

This is so disappointing, I really hoped for something more than one random track as this "Deluxe Edition", now it feels even more like just ripped out of the first version of standard tracklist

All their past deluxe albums have just been instrumentals so not sure why expecting new songs 

1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Synths sound super prominent without Marcus over them. Not better by any means, just a different experience which I love. AOTY.

Yea now you can hear more stuff than before. Also keep in mind that instrumentals are mixed down differently so you’ll hear everything more clearer

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The_Wolverine said:

All their past deluxe albums have just been instrumentals so not sure why expecting new songs 

Mainly because it was promoted with one

3 minutes ago, Q.N3RD said:

the entire tracklist was announced when Enemy of the Night dropped, not their fault you didn't pay attention 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Maximo said:

the entire tracklist was announced when Enemy of the Night dropped, not their fault you didn't pay attention 

okay, my fault then, I'm admitting it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

To each their own but I looooove instrumental versions, this is more than enough for me. Enemy of the Night was just an added bonus

I'm not upset about it I just wanted more 😭

tumblr_md1fborwNz1re7dvho1_500[1].gif

24 minutes ago, Q.N3RD said:

They only promoted Enemy Of The Night. They never said their would be new music. All of the past deluxe albums have just been the instrumental versions 

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

I agree. They coul just release instrumentals separately like DGD has been doing fr the past 12-ish months.

ezgif-com-resize.jpg

wow we go aoty again

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Q.N3RD said:

Exactly. 

Deluxe editions are shit at the best of times...this one is almost an insult, yet people somehow froth it hahaha

10 hours ago, Maximo said:

still northlane's best, excited to hear these instrumentals so I can appreciate the production even more

The instrumentals of “Mesmer” from its deluxe made me appreciate that one even more. I know a lot of people hated that one when it first came out 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tedwards_ said:

The instrumentals of “Mesmer” from its deluxe made me appreciate that one even more. I know a lot of people hated that one when it first came out 

Same here. And this instrumental for Alien has made me love the album even more 

• Love 1

:dry:

• Confused 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

On 7/30/2020 at 10:46 PM, Exsanguination45 said:

Deluxe editions are shit at the best of times...this one is almost an insult, yet people somehow froth it hahaha

Because alot of people that listen to Northlane appreciate the elements of the instrumentation and the production, a fair few people use the instrumentals to work on covers or to learn the songs for themselves.

There's also a big amount of people who love instrumental albums and bands as well.

klbanneredo-min.png

I'm so happy on this album and Mesmer Josh made his guitar not sound completely flat, completely ruined Node fror me

• Upvote 2

- Guitarist of Tech Cunt