Summers

NORTHLANE - Alien (Deluxe Edition) (2020)

34 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Amazing album. Nuff' said.

 

Shiny instrumentals tho :O

  • Love 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Share this post


Link to post

AOTY

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post

Well this just proves my theory that 0:45 on Jinn is a sample from late 90s Ann Lee's eurodance track Two Times.

 

  • Downvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post

still northlane's best, excited to hear these instrumentals so I can appreciate the production even more

  • Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

Still one of the best albums!!!!!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve listened to this twice already. The mixing is so good on the instrumentals. You can hear everything now, stuff that couldn’t be heard before. 

Share this post


Link to post

Synths sound super prominent without Marcus over them. Not better by any means, just a different experience which I love. AOTY.

Share this post


Link to post

Don't get me wrong I love Northlane. And this is one of my albums. But I wish their "Deluxe Editions" didn't mean 1 new song and instrumentals. I wanted more of that good good, ya feel

  • Upvote 6

tumblr_md1fborwNz1re7dvho1_500[1].gif

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

Don't get me wrong I love Northlane. And this is one of my albums. But I wish their "Deluxe Editions" didn't mean 1 new song and instrumentals. I wanted more of that good good, ya feel

To each their own but I looooove instrumental versions, this is more than enough for me. Enemy of the Night was just an added bonus

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

I fucking hate useless deluxe editions like this. 1 new song and instrumentals? Just put the fucking song on the album and release an instrumental album after.

 

Anyways, core AOTY 2020 because its Alien and even tho I dont love the new song, its better than 99% of core releases this year

  • Upvote 1

Unbenannt.PNG.608ad8c221b6dcec8081cab805b2cf99.PNG

safasf.PNG.e0506e2343bf8ef53aad43fb48ead36c.PNG

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

This is so disappointing, I really hoped for something more than one random track as this "Deluxe Edition", now it feels even more like just ripped out of the first version of standard tracklist

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Q.N3RD said:

This is so disappointing, I really hoped for something more than one random track as this "Deluxe Edition", now it feels even more like just ripped out of the first version of standard tracklist

All their past deluxe albums have just been instrumentals so not sure why expecting new songs 

1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Synths sound super prominent without Marcus over them. Not better by any means, just a different experience which I love. AOTY.

Yea now you can hear more stuff than before. Also keep in mind that instrumentals are mixed down differently so you’ll hear everything more clearer

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, The_Wolverine said:

All their past deluxe albums have just been instrumentals so not sure why expecting new songs 

Mainly because it was promoted with one

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Q.N3RD said:

Mainly because it was promoted with one

the entire tracklist was announced when Enemy of the Night dropped, not their fault you didn't pay attention 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Maximo said:

the entire tracklist was announced when Enemy of the Night dropped, not their fault you didn't pay attention 

okay, my fault then, I'm admitting it

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

To each their own but I looooove instrumental versions, this is more than enough for me. Enemy of the Night was just an added bonus

I'm not upset about it I just wanted more 😭


tumblr_md1fborwNz1re7dvho1_500[1].gif

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Q.N3RD said:

Mainly because it was promoted with one

They only promoted Enemy Of The Night. They never said their would be new music. All of the past deluxe albums have just been the instrumental versions 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Don't get me wrong I love Northlane. And this is one of my albums. But I wish their "Deluxe Editions" didn't mean 1 new song and instrumentals. I wanted more of that good good, ya feel

I agree. They coul just release instrumentals separately like DGD has been doing fr the past 12-ish months.


ezgif-com-resize.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

wow we go aoty again

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Q.N3RD said:

This is so disappointing, I really hoped for something more than one random track as this "Deluxe Edition", now it feels even more like just ripped out of the first version of standard tracklist

 

Exactly. 

 

Deluxe editions are shit at the best of times...this one is almost an insult, yet people somehow froth it hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Maximo said:

still northlane's best, excited to hear these instrumentals so I can appreciate the production even more

The instrumentals of “Mesmer” from its deluxe made me appreciate that one even more. I know a lot of people hated that one when it first came out 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tedwards_ said:

The instrumentals of “Mesmer” from its deluxe made me appreciate that one even more. I know a lot of people hated that one when it first came out 

Same here. And this instrumental for Alien has made me love the album even more 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

:dry:

  • Confused 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/30/2020 at 10:46 PM, Exsanguination45 said:

Deluxe editions are shit at the best of times...this one is almost an insult, yet people somehow froth it hahaha

Because alot of people that listen to Northlane appreciate the elements of the instrumentation and the production, a fair few people use the instrumentals to work on covers or to learn the songs for themselves.

 

There's also a big amount of people who love instrumental albums and bands as well.


 

klbanneredo-min.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so happy on this album and Mesmer Josh made his guitar not sound completely flat, completely ruined Node fror me

  • Upvote 2

- Guitarist of Tech Cunt

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.