Summers

Corey Taylor - CMFT Must Be Stopped (feat. Tech N9ne and Kid Bookie) [Single] (2020)

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, invaderhemp said:

That's the most fanboyish shit I've seen in a fat minute. Regardless of whether it's serious or not, it still has to be good to be enjoyable. There's a reason people love Tenacious D even though they're not serious. They're still good.

Ah yes, you see my Slipknot sig and go the "fanboy" route. Sure, i have the MINIMAL knowledge to know that this project of his is the least serious bar band act, but you can find that out from a google search like I did. It's just funny to see people think Taylor's shooting his career in the foot and ripping off Radke by making joke songs now. Anyway, the mix is muddy as hell and a tough listen, not worth it. Haven't checked the other though.

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

@bananarampage its seriously garbage. What do you take it for? A joke song? This is underwhelming as fuck for someone of his stature.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bananarampage said:

Ah yes, you see my Slipknot sig and go the "fanboy" route. Sure, i have the MINIMAL knowledge to know that this project of his is the least serious bar band act, but you can find that out from a google search like I did. It's just funny to see people think Taylor's shooting his career in the foot and ripping off Radke by making joke songs now. Anyway, the mix is muddy as hell and a tough listen, not worth it. Haven't checked the other though.

No I called you a fanboy because you're really reaching to defend him from people who are absolutely right. This DOES give off huge cocky Ronnie Radke vibes. And it's not a joke song. Tenacious D and  Psychostick have joke songs. There's zero humor to this. Just cockiness. Whether it's satirical cockiness or not, it's both not a joke song, and just plain not good.

jesus this is bad

yeah epic

3 hours ago, Medusa said:

Look in his eyes, what do you see ? 

The cult of personnality. 

Whoah hold on a damn minute. Don't be disrespecting CM Punk like that :P

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, invaderhemp said:

No I called you a fanboy because you're really reaching to defend him from people who are absolutely right. This DOES give off huge cocky Ronnie Radke vibes. And it's not a joke song. Tenacious D and  Psychostick have joke songs. There's zero humor to this. Just cockiness. Whether it's satirical cockiness or not, it's both not a joke song, and just plain not good.

But i don't like it

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

yikes

• Upvote 1

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

both the babymetal girls and ronnie radke in the music video makes me happy.
I think coreys flow needs some work but it's certainly not was bad as what you folks are saying.

I do not dig this. At all.

• Upvote 1

Awesome to see all the cameos, really cool. Tech N9ne was awesome and kinda liked the chorus, for its fun anthem kind of thing...

The rest was hard to swallow.

I blame nostalgia critic

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FallenZA said:

Whoah hold on a damn minute. Don't be disrespecting CM Punk like that :P

He's kind of a quitter tho :(

At least we got Bryan in the main event, all thanks to him ! 

5 hours ago, BlueWall said:

This and Black Eyes Blue are arguably the two worst Buttrock tracks I've heard in a fucking long time, there's nothing salvageable from these tracks at all.

It's official lads...

we've found something worse than Five Finger Death Punch and Nickelback.

Psychosexual - Let The Sin Begin

A band made by an ex-FFDP member

Every bulimic person should listen to it, there's no need to stick fingers in your throat with this one ! 

https://youtu.be/_GEVsryVUpk

• Haha 1

I think this track is pretty fun. Not something I want to blast on repeat like WANYK or even Hydrograd, but I can definitely see myself putting this on a driving playlist.

6 hours ago, HaraXSyn said:

I think he's finally lost it. Hasn't he always shit on rap? And i got it now...Corey Motha' Fuckin' Taylor. What a name for your solo project...he clearly isn't begging for the spotlight. 

Alright you're just gonna call me a fanboy but fuck it, here we go.  He's rapped on 5 of the 6 Slipknot records (Self-Titled, Iowa, Vol. 3, .5: The Gray Chapter and We Are Not Your Kind), 5 of the 6 Stone Sour records (Self-Titled, Come Whatever May, House of Gold and Bones Parts 1 and 2 and Hydrograd), done full rap collabs with Tech n9ne before (Wither from his 2015 Special Effects album), collab'd with Kid Bookie Before (Stuck In My Ways remix), rapped with Code Orange (The Hunt) plus Max Cavalera with Soulfly (jumpdafuckup) and literally done a full band duet with KoRn for Beastie Boys in 2015 (Sabotage).  He hates pop music, but he's always stated his love for rap.

21 minutes ago, throwaway007 said:

Alright you're just gonna call me a fanboy but fuck it, here we go.  He's rapped on 5 of the 6 Slipknot records (Self-Titled, Iowa, Vol. 3, .5: The Gray Chapter and We Are Not Your Kind), 5 of the 6 Stone Sour records (Self-Titled, Come Whatever May, House of Gold and Bones Parts 1 and 2 and Hydrograd), done full rap collabs with Tech n9ne before (Wither from his 2015 Special Effects album), collab'd with Kid Bookie Before (Stuck In My Ways remix), rapped with Code Orange (The Hunt) plus Max Cavalera with Soulfly (jumpdafuckup) and literally done a full band duet with KoRn for Beastie Boys in 2015 (Sabotage).  He hates pop music, but he's always stated his love for rap.

When did Corey rapped in the self-titled ? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Medusa said:

When did Corey rapped in the self-titled ? 

Spit It Out, Me Inside, Only One, Get This and Eeyore.  Partially on (sic) and Eyeless if you count that.

Edit for Transparency: to be fair, Me Inside was recorded after Purity was pulled from pressings due to the whole lawsuit shit so some people might discount it as filler.  Also added Get This and Eeyore.

If you mean Stone Sour, he rapped on Get Inside and you could call parts of Tumult it as well.

Not sure what to think of this really, I've always considered myself a pretty big fan of Corey's work but this one sorta sits in the "I kinda like it I kinda despise it" pile.

AvatarChooseYourFighterTiny.jpg.500a2d7b90413ef0547af7220ee85028.jpg

Corey's lines weren't good. Guy doesn't have a good flow. Tech 9 kinda brought the song back in the 2nd verse there... But I really don't like the dad rock sound.

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

6 hours ago, stuckinvhs said:

I blame nostalgia critic

If only we could blame everything on him :/

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

This is amazing. Fuk all the haters. This is such a fun catchy song. Don't act like you aren't singing it in your head. If you knew Corey Taylors roots you'd know why this song exists. He has a lot of friends who knows he's the best. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

PSP JEsus.gif

Both tracks are complete garbage. I'd be embarrassed to even have them out there. CMFT must be stopped, from ever releasing shit like this again.

• Upvote 1

I am so sorry

I liked it. Not groundbreaking, but not bad. The people screaming he's ripping off Ronnie Radke confuse me. He's rapped on albums since the Slipknot S/T in 1999. It'd be more accurate to say songs like "Spit It Out" and "Get Inside" paved the way for "Popular Monster."

This shit is soo goofy like how can you not have fun listening to it haha. Not something I'd pop in a playlist, but still cool. Not sure what people are going on about with this song. Corey Taylor has always struck me as that super popular sensational butt rock kinda guy.