Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Bloody Tyrant - 島嶼神話 (Myths Of The Islands) (2020)

11 posts in this topic

a1591070659_10.jpg
Release - June 6th, 2020

Genre - Folk Metal, Melodic Death Metal

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR

Tracklist:

01. 創世 (Genesis)
02. 黑翼之神 (Black Wings)
03. 射日 (Two Burning Suns)
04. 巨人 (Colossus)
05. 鬼湖 (Sacred Lake)
06. 變獸 (Transformation)
07. 公鹿 (The Antlers)
08. 洪水 (The Deluge)
09. 鯨魚 (Whale)

Download

Support!

• Upvote 2

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

oriental folk instument intro got me 

5 minutes ago, riazdarksol said:

oriental folk instument intro got me 

Just say Asian. Using oriental is actually as offensive as using the n word for black folks and the f word for us LGBT people.

• Downvote 1

ezgif-com-resize.jpg

Just now, Satan's Favourite said:

Just say Asian. Using oriental is actually as offensive as using the n word for black folks and the f word for us LGBT people.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? You gotta be kidding

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DekinhoDesu said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? You gotta be kidding

If I'm not mistaken, I've seen several (and NOT just a few) Asian people online say that it tends to be used in the same context so those people I've seen and talked with have said to just avoid using it.

• Confused 1

ezgif-com-resize.jpg

1 hour ago, Satan's Favourite said:

I get what you're saying, but he is talking about a type of instrument, not a person. 

And there are worse words than oriental for people to be called. Yes, you shouldn't call a group of people 'oriental' (or any other derogatory term matter of fact), but this word doesn't have anywhere near the same negative connotation as the n word, no matter what you think. Oriental just describes a certain culture in a very rudimentary way, the n word does that and insults people humanity. 

Offensive yes, as offensive as the n word? No. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 7/28/2020 at 8:46 PM, Satan's Favourite said:

Don't several Middle Eastern bands call their music "oriental metal" (see: Orphaned Land, Melechesh when they don't use the term Mesopotamian Metal) and Chthonic call their music "Orient Metal".

1 hour ago, Seek-n-Strike said:

Don't several Middle Eastern bands call their music "oriental metal" (see: Orphaned Land, Melechesh when they don't use the term Mesopotamian Metal) and Chthonic call their music "Orient Metal".

Idk I'm not of Asian descent so I have little to no say in it at all anyway. I was just reporting what I've heard online. And idk any of those bands. 

ezgif-com-resize.jpg

1 hour ago, Seek-n-Strike said:

Yes, those bands do label themselves as such.  This entire convo was just being blown of out proportion at first. 

On 7/28/2020 at 8:46 PM, Satan's Favourite said:

lol thanks for telling me what should offend me im half indian half Chinese 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, riazdarksol said:

lol thanks for telling me what should offend me im half indian half Chinese 

I-

Nevermind. You didn't read the rest of my posts in this thread it looks like. 

ezgif-com-resize.jpg