Feeshmon

Sleeping With Sirens - Talking to Myself [Single] (2020)

26 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

This is alright to me. If you love SWS and want more, this will definitely make you happy. 2.5/5

• Upvote 3

This goes a lil bit harder than the rest of the songs!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Definitely is one of, if not their heaviest track yet but it's still mediocre as all hell imo. But if you liked their last album, you'll love this song. 

• Upvote 1

I like it, gotta be the heaviest song on the entire album. I'm gonna replace Another Nightmare with this one on future listens. (don't like Another Nightmare)

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

THIS IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

The bear artwork is slightly better than the candle man one. Not by too much tho. Kellin and the gang need to take a few years off and really dedicate themselves to writing an interesting record. Multiple members of the band have the potential to make greatness, yet they're held back by what I can only assume is financial incentive

• Upvote 2

20200902_221303.jpg

It's catchy and energetic, that's the best potential output you could even expect from the band at this point, not bad at all. Breakdown is fine af.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

brings the cringe

• Downvote 6

WYv5vZr.gif

How it Feels to be Lost Deluxe out August 21 and this is better than the entire album imo. Cool stuff.

I hate to be that guy that just shits on something, it's annoying. But I feel the need to point out that, this band really feels stuck in 2010. It's artists like this that keep this genre in a stalemate and unable to progress. It's fine to enjoy this, but from an artistic standpoint it's stale. Lyrically and sonically stale.

surprisingly loved this record (for the most part), and this song is no different

breakdown goes hard fr

• Upvote 2

yeah epic

Well my heart always skips a beat when it comes down to this guys. They played a crucial whole with their music throughout my whole life. I cannot believe I heard a breakdown again in a song of theirs.
While this is catchy, fun, it does not compare with their early work. I may even be criticized for this but even Madness had some sort of ''theme'' and identity going on.

I remember when they released ''Kick Me'' and my hopes when through the ceiling, and while this is quite on that direction... It's not that outstanding.

Well, my hopes are back, their last album was good but didnt grow on me so who knows what the future brings, It's 2020 ffs.

• Upvote 1

Song is great, good SHID

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

Sleeping With Sirens have always been such a polarising band for me, they were a staple in my OG emo kid days, Bluetoothing their albums with my mates, it was a shame when they went down the route they did with Madness and Gossip but how it feels to be lost was a true return to form for them, this song is a bigger indication of them going back to their roots and making the music that works for them.

Also helps that they've been working with Jayden from Sylar for this new record, I feel like he's also been a big factor in helping, aiding and guiding them back onto the right track.

8/10

Solid as fuck.

• Upvote 2

klbanneredo-min.png

It's fine. It's not bad, just really boring.

Does anyone else get the impression that they're following a recipe now?

-Short Verse with screams
-Catchy enough chorus
-Breakdown

I think there just comes a point where the angst you love about these types of bands leaves because they all grow out of being troubled teens/young adults and they just don't relate to the rage you want to hear in their songs anymore.

With that being said, I'm gonna go re download their earlier stuff and put that on instead.

• Upvote 1

This is really damn good! Hyped for the Deluxe Edition. 

Good song 👍

I really don’t understand the current format of these “deluxe” editions. I’d sooner buy a bag of shit then an album I already have to get one new song and 3 acoustics. 

12 hours ago, mcyates35 said:

Definitely is one of, if not their heaviest track yet but it's still mediocre as all hell imo. But if you liked their last album, you'll love this song. 

"Dead Walker Texas Ranger" will probably always be their heaviest track tbh haha

6 hours ago, crojo said:

It's fine. It's not bad, just really boring.

Does anyone else get the impression that they're following a recipe now?

-Short Verse with screams
-Catchy enough chorus
-Breakdown

I think there just comes a point where the angst you love about these types of bands leaves because they all grow out of being troubled teens/young adults and they just don't relate to the rage you want to hear in their songs anymore.

With that being said, I'm gonna go re download their earlier stuff and put that on instead.

Agreed.

They could do so much with Kellins voice....imagine builds up with epic bridges or outros they could pull off...but don't 

How the hell didn't that song make it onto the album? It would easily be the best song from How It Feels To Be Lost.

Edit: Not that it's a bad album, it's a great album, just this song is even better!

damn, this totally should have been on the regular album. make more like this pls.

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

This was their best album, really got me into them and this is another great track to add to it.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

19 hours ago, Exsanguination45 said:

Agreed.

They could do so much with Kellins voice....imagine builds up with epic bridges or outros they could pull off...but don't 

DUUUUUDE I'm sayin! He has such range, he does these crazy notes when they play live in between songs.

That's what I think it is to me, these new songs just don't have the energy of their old stuff, I think the production style has something to do with it.

Lowkey miss the Gossip era so much. Kellin's voice really suits pop punk. Listening to him scream is like listening to a child scream.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:50 PM, crojo said:

DUUUUUDE I'm sayin! He has such range, he does these crazy notes when they play live in between songs.

That's what I think it is to me, these new songs just don't have the energy of their old stuff, I think the production style has something to do with it.

I don't think he has the range to sound like their old stuff. When I saw them live earlier this year he struggled with their old stuff. I think HIFTBL is his top range now.

• Upvote 1