ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Sign in to follow this  
Summers

In Flames - Clayman 2020 (2020)

13 posts in this topic

Leaked
Release - July 24, 2020
Genre - Melodic Death Metal, Metalcore
Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

1. Themes and Variations in D-Minor (5:10)
2. Only for the Weak (Re-Recorded) (4:13)
3. Bullet Ride (Re-Recorded) (4:38)
4. Pinball Map (Re-Recorded) (4:19)
5. Clayman (Re-Recorded) (3:37)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Other Releases by

Thanks @Summers completely forgot about this

Well it's good but compared to the original is nothing.

• Upvote 1

Where is the rest of the album? These are only tracks 12-16? Thanks for posting though.

Absolute disaster. There's 13 year olds on the GGD Facebook forum putting out better mixes than this.

Anders, 2019:
"No. I will never go back and do another 'The Jester Race' or 'Whoracle' or 'Colony' or 'Clayman'. It wouldn't be right. It wouldn't be true to that album. That album is perfect in every way. If I try to go back 20 years and try to recreate something when I'm in a whole different state of mind, that wouldn't do it justice. It would just only be bad.""

Anders 2020: Fuck it, you win China

8 minutes ago, pudhead said:

Where is the rest of the album? These are only tracks 12-16? Thanks for posting though.

In Flames announced that we would get the four re-recorded songs (and that interlude) as a standalone EP before the 20th anniversary edition drops on July 24th, hence the leak

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Alright, here's my opinion to these re-records...

First of all, the re-record of Only For The Weak sucks. Yeah, sorry, I was thinking it might be better than that, but here I gotta agree with people that will soon say so - the original is superior.

Secondly, Bullet Ride. It's a cool re-record, I like it just as much as the original song. This is probably a very unpopular opinion in the end, but I dig it. 

Third, Pinball Map. It's fine, but here again, I prefer the original way much over this. This just doesn't feel as powerful as the OG anymore. It does not suck, but it's not good either.

And finally, Clayman, which is my favorite song from the OG album. Both versions are just equally good to me. The original because of it's crispyness and heavyness, the re-record because of the melodicness. 

Overall, I think this was not really needed to re-record these songs and they could also just have scrapped Pinball Map and Only For The Weak's re-records. Many will probably say this entire thing was not needed and I can understand it, but it exists now and at the very end, you can also just ignore this and go listen to the OG's. Which might be the better way to go honestly for many. 

Dunno what to think of the interlude though. It's there, I guess. 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Not bad, looking forward to the remasters. Thanks for posting.

After comparing to the original tracks though, gotta agree with the majority here.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

6 hours ago, GammaRay84 said:

I still go an original album from 2005, and let me tell you, it is way more powerfull sounding then this re-recorded stuff. Why was this an good idea is beyonf me.... (money).....
Go buy original 2005 Clayman album, and forget this ever existing. An tell exevrone else who don't know where this abomanation came from... tell them it was already there in 2005, in their true form and true sounding....

Clayman came out in 2000. What are you talking about here?

• Upvote 1

Clayman from 2000, sounds better than this.

• Upvote 1

Sorry my mistake, you are correct. 2000

2 hours ago, Draxxzor said:

Clayman from 2000, sounds better than this.

100% a classic, shouldn't have been touched

• Upvote 2

毎日が夏休み // Every day is a summer vacation
Speed King.jpg