967-EVIL

The Acacia Strain - Slow Decay (2020)

46 posts in this topic

I only finally checked these guys out last year with It Comes In Waves, and the release strategy of this album was genius for keeping them on my radar and staying excited about this record. This whole thing goes hard and perfectly scratches that metalcore itch I get now and then.

Other Releases by

Yeah, it's awesome

this is really fuckin sick, super hard hitting from end to end and all the vocal features are great

2 bangin records in one year, TAS are on a ROLL 

yeah epic

If i'd be a deathcore fan this would clearly be one of my favourite album. Even if i never could fully get into their stuff i've always been keen to listen each of their album at least once and, imo, this one's their very best. Also, it'd be really cool to see way more bands do separate releases like they did with this.

STYGKL_1.gif

Just gotta say I've had all 5 parts in a playlist and really didnt get the feel of an entire album, just 5 eps, and I didnt think adding 2 more songs would make too much of a difference. But hearing the whole thing back to back really proved me wrong. It's crazy, I thought they had perfected their sound in the coma witch gravebloom era but this is another step in the right direction. EASILY their best yet. Only thing that bums me out is that I've grown to love them having longer closers (cold gloom, observer) but other than that, it's perfect. The transitions in solace and serenity get me every time 🔥🔥🔥

On 7/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, ImJoiningACult said:

AOTY. Has potential to take over Continent and Wormwood as my favorite TAS album

Coma Witch wasn't your favorite??? :o

The only slow decay was from me going through this album looking for a decent song. Don't get the hype, this is as boring as Deathcore gets, Awesome album art though.

• Downvote 1

I could never get into this band before but this album has COMPLETELY won me over. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2020 at 9:04 AM, 967-EVIL said:

600x600bb.jpg

Leaked

Release - July 24, 2020

Genre - Deathcore

Quality - MP3, 320 kbps CBR / FLAC

Tracklist:

01. Feed A Pigeon Breed A Rat (03:39)
02. Crippling Poison (02:35)
03. Seeing God (feat. Aaron Heard) (02:49)
04. Solace and Serenity (04:37)
05. The Lucid Dream (feat. Jess Nyx) (04:05)
06. I breathed in the smoke deeply it tasted like death and I smiled (feat. Zach Hatfield) (04:44)
07. Crossgates (01:08)
08. Inverted Person (03:23)
09. Chhinnamasta (03:50)
10. One Thousand Painful Stings (feat. Courtney LaPlante) (04:30)
11. Birds of Paradise, Birds of Prey (03:50)
12. EARTH WILL BECOME DEATH (03:57)

Download

Support!

Facebook / iTunes

One of the most phenomenal  bands to ever exist in heavy music! I love this band so much that I named my one daughter Acacia Raine! What I've heard of this album so far it's definitely worth listening to it! I believe it  sounds so much like The Strain however, it has a more dark and brutal sound than has ever existed before and I LOVE IT!

super solid. doesn't touch waves (and i'm not sure they ever will since it was a one off project) but would definitely put it above gravebloom and coma witch.

I've been getting into TAS just only the past year and up until now, wormwood was my favorite. Following the releases of the ep's, i was excited for the album and they delivered. I've been playing this a lot recently. Good stuff!

On 7/23/2020 at 9:23 PM, n1ne0x said:

Band is shit, the only good release is IT  COMES IN WAVES. Otherwise the lyrics are fucking cringe and wack.

I do like that release the most tbf I love how doomy and gloomy is it and such but this release is killer too, it's one of the better core releases this year and think you should give it another chance granted but I do not really focus on the lyrics with core bands either so I don't really see that much of a downside personally. Also Type 0 Negative are neato don't feel you need to be put down for listening to them (Granted your new favourite artists are also sick too)

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

I just listened to it in its entirety, but I can't say this is for me. The best thing about this is the song with the female guest vocals. I like some metalcore (TDWP, Silent Planet, Rolo Tomassi), I like melodic hardcore (Touché Amoré, Defeater), I like screamo (CityCop., Pianos Become the Teeth, Old Gray), but this seems like it's taking the parts of all 3 of those that make the most noise with the least substinance imo.

I still love the cover art though.

• Confused 1

Album of the year, hands down. Their formula, tone, writing, etc has just become a great "final form" for this band. I hope they continue for a long time. If anyone has a copy of Continent on Vinyl as well, DM me and I will give you a SOLID cash offer.

wow - and what an album cover..

makes for a really good background here - choice!

A bit late on listening to this for some unknown reason, but goddamn, this shit slaps, as I would expect from The Acacia Strain. As much as Gravebloom received far too many trash reviews for being such a great album, this one is definitely higher quality throughout. These dudes never fail giving breakdowns a good name and I'm happy they continue doing so with this album. Could see this landing somewhere in my favorite albums of 2020 list.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.