All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
967-EVIL

The Acacia Strain - Slow Decay (2020)

46 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

finally thx

• Upvote 1

Fellas, is this the Abbey Road of our generation?

I suppose there’s only two new songs to discuss here, and both of them are two of the best songs on the album. Crippling Poison is probably my second favorite overall, behind Seeing God. 

As an album, this actually has potential to be their best. I need some time with it to really see if I think that or not, but it’s leagues ahead of Gravebloom (which I loved) and stands toe to toe with Coma Witch, which is my favorite of theirs. 

Favorite songs: Seeing God, Crippling Poison, Inverted Person, Chhinnamasta, Birds of Paradise. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Very good very good!!!!

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Definitely my favorite album by them. Really really dig the artwork they had done for all the mini-EP's and this official album release, too (especially when you see them all side-by-side as one large photo lol). Their best material to date, easily.

Just want to say that the cover art is gorgeous.

• Upvote 1

Album of the year. 

Everything of this album is incredibly good, lyrics, riffs, production, the way it has been released. And there is not even a single bad/less good song. 

• Upvote 1

Finally :)

AOTY. Has potential to take over Continent and Wormwood as my favorite TAS album

• Upvote 1

Seriously; i never liked this band. Should i give this album a chance? Is it only mindless chugging like their other records? I like RIFFS. (also breakdowns)

Genuinely need advice. Help a nigga out.

• Upvote 1

fuuuuuuck yes love it

(NOTHING IS EVER GOING TO BE OKAY)

@dorathekiller97  all I'm gonna say is you'd be an idiot not to. I thought I loved their last album (I mean I do, but you know what I mean) but this completely blows it out of the water. Like others have said, this could easily be their best material to date. I feel it sticks to who they are yet it's filled with diversity and evolution on another level as compared to their last couple of albums. It's hard to explain unless you know a lot of their discography. BUT pardon my digression, YES should listen to it!

• Upvote 3

Was going to hold off on the 2 new tracks till the pre order arrived, but got impatient and plus I heard the rest of it so why not? Thanks for posting!

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

haven't listened to any of the singles.  downloading while headed to the gym.  don't let me down kl hype

9 minutes ago, degausser said:

haven't listened to any of the singles.  downloading while headed to the gym.  don't let me down kl hype

Please report back with thoughts, interested to hear a fresh take

36 minutes ago, Coma Witch said:

Please report back with thoughts, interested to hear a fresh take

just started 1000 painful stings and the whole album has been incredible.  it's dense, I'll need more spins for sure, but first impressions are technical, bouncy, crushing at times, vocals are next level (are there two vocalists? who evers doing the highs is an angel, gives me CTtS vibes for some reason).  yeah, casually listening it's great, just catchy enough.  but I think it'll really click tonight when I have a chance to sit down and immerse myself.  and the fact that I actually want to do that tells me I'll keep this in my rotation for a while.  I can catch just enough of the cleans to know there's some depth here. some progression, but it works on a surface level too thanks to the drumming and tilted chugs.  

I get the hype

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, degausser said:

just started 1000 painful stings and the whole album has been incredible.  it's dense, I'll need more spins for sure, but first impressions are technical, bouncy, crushing at times, vocals are next level (are there two vocalists? who evers doing the highs is an angel, gives me CTtS vibes for some reason).  yeah, casually listening it's great, just catchy enough.  but I think it'll really click tonight when I have a chance to sit down and immerse myself.  and the fact that I actually want to do that tells me I'll keep this in my rotation for a while.  I can catch just enough of the cleans to know there's some depth here. some progression, but it works on a surface level too thanks to the drumming and tilted chugs.  

I get the hype

Beautiful

regarding the vocalists, it’s just Vincent and some guest vocalists 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Coma Witch said:

regarding the vocalists, it’s just Vincent and some guest vocalists 

gotcha, it's JessyNyx.  that whole song is crazy, the breakdown at the end especially.  

favorite song so far?

2 hours ago, dorathekiller97 said:

Seriously; i never liked this band. Should i give this album a chance? Is it only mindless chugging like their other records? I like RIFFS. (also breakdowns)

I've never been a fan of theirs either, but this is special.  like, I'm going to buy it after one playthrough special, bands doing stuff like this deserve support

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, degausser said:

gotcha, it's JessyNyx.  that whole song is crazy, the breakdown at the end especially.  

favorite song so far?

Seeing God, Crippling Poison, and Inverted Person are my top 3.

Ok ok Crippling Poison kicks some major ass but imo Chhinnamasta is still the king beast

4 hours ago, dorathekiller97 said:

Band is shit, the only good release is IT  COMES IN WAVES. Otherwise the lyrics are fucking cringe and wack.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, n1ne0x said:

Band is shit, the only good release is IT  COMES IN WAVES. Otherwise the lyrics are fucking cringe and wack.

yeah but your favorite band is type o negative so who cares what you think

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 2

Crippling Poison and Birds bang so fucking hard.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

2 hours ago, degausser said:

yeah but your favorite band is type o negative so who cares what you think

at least they put a band instead of "all of them" because you're too afraid of being made fun of lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

1 hour ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

at least they put a band instead of "all of them" because you're too afraid of being made fun of lol.

nah.  I just don't have a favorite band. doesn't make sense. I have favorite albums.  dbm is one of my favorite albums, but I outright hate some of dgds albums.  

weird thing to assume I'm afraid of being made fun of, most of the bands I love are core trash from the late 2000s. fire away.

he knew what he was getting into shitting on a trending leak, we're just having a bit of fun

So psyched to listen to these songs all together.  I tried to ignore the singles so I could experience this as an album.  

'Birds of Paradise, Birds of Prey' - is incredible. Best TAS album since 2012. Easy. 

Birds is beast 2.0

what a great album and I LOVE the release strategy for this with the singles