All good things must come to an end... Kingdom Leaks will be permanently shutting down on January 1st, 2021. All user and site data will be permanently deleted. Existing users will have until December 31st to join the community Discord server. Read announcement
Zephyr Sunrise

Black Veil Brides - Perfect Weapon [Single] (2020)

25 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Fuck this sounds good 

• Upvote 4

yeah this is really fuckin sick, great re-recording, nice to hear andy screaming properly again after what must be like 6 years

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

yeah epic

Good ol' days <3

• Upvote 2

Takes me back to a way darker times, so fucking good

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

loved the original album and so glad they re-recorded it. 
wish they kept this sound for the second album but they signed to a major label and had to make some changes I guess. 

“Ritual” from Set the World on Fire and “In the End” from Wretched & Divine are still great songs though 

• Upvote 3

I've never been this hyped for a BVB song/album before. I probably never will be again. Nevertheless, this was a good move. This sounds great.

• Upvote 3

I have no nostalgic connection to this album or band. I loved Sweet Blasphemy, but this doesn't do anything for me. I think the screams are terrible, the verses sound like Andy didn't care, and the chorus is just alright. The instrumentals are 5/5, but Andy's vocals are boring and nothing special, especially the screams.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

This is just simply amazing! So hyped for this new version of the album. 

• Upvote 2

Not a fan of re-recordings, but damn this is nice and brings me back!

• Upvote 2

Makes the original sound like it was recorded through a potato.  What an incredibly good re-record!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Beautiful

• Upvote 2

The original version of this song literally kept me alive at times during my youth, this is incredible.

I'm so happy this is amazing.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DORBUSCUS said:

I have no nostalgic connection to this album or band. I loved Sweet Blasphemy, but this doesn't do anything for me. I think the screams are terrible, the verses sound like Andy didn't care, and the chorus is just alright. The instrumentals are 5/5, but Andy's vocals are boring and nothing special, especially the screams.

The guy has definitely put in a lot of work to improve his vocals in recent years. But with these re-recordings, you’d never know. They way they were originally performed can’t really be done much different I guess. It’s certainly not evident in the two they’ve released. Guitar is definitely far better...but considering how long this took them to do, I’d rather they didn’t bother and made new songs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 2

This is amazing!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BeforeWeAreHanged said:

The guy has definitely put in a lot of work to improve his vocals in recent years. But with these re-recordings, you’d never know. They way they were originally performed can’t really be done much different I guess. It’s certainly not evident in the two they’ve released. Guitar is definitely far better...but considering how long this took them to do, I’d rather they didn’t bother and made new songs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ehh their past several albums have been very meh and generic so I much prefer this album being re-recorded as it’s much better than anything they’ve released after it. Yes there are some good songs here and there on the other albums but not nearly on the level of this album.

lol there’s all the time in the world for them to write & record more new albums, with the ten year anniversary of WSTW being this month it made sense to do this now.

I'm amazed at the positive reaction this is getting?? Especially from the kingdom leaks community.. Like the instrumentals are amazing and the cleans actually have tone in them which is great. But as a major fan of the first album, the screams are HORRIBLE. Completely muddied down, no raw feeling ever. The intro isn't powerful at all, you can't even here him say GO in the chants before the solo. Like. They sound decent. But its the mixing that makes it SHIT. Its lost the soul of the original. I kinda had a feeling this would happen and god knows what knives and pens is gonna sound like.

• Upvote 3

Huh, I was hoping his screams would be better but nope. Sill poo-poo. Everything else is pretty great though.

• Downvote 1

First time i heard this song in Saints Row The Third. It was a great time:jams:

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

instruments are good. it's andy's vocals that aren't meeting expectations

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel like this mostly has hype because of nostalgia feelings.
The first album from BVB was never that good to begin with, it just came out in a time where people really vibed with that lyrical content.

Like others said, the screams are pretty bad, the instrumens and mix on those is good. Andys cleans are as boring as ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really liked the original album. Both of these singles seem flat though. Andy really doesn't sound like he's trying very hard but the Guitarists seem to be pulling their weight.

Just wish the mix was more like their previous album instead of whatever they are doing here... 

• Upvote 1

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

@Tedwards_ As much as i love We Stitch These Wounds, i personally think Set The World On Fire was their best work by far, and the Rebels EP. I even have STWOF on Vinyl! After that i feel is when the decline started. Glad i got the chance to see them live during that time. Excited for Restitch though! Should be a fun nostalgia ride. 

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2020 at 6:13 AM, HaraXSyn said:

@Tedwards_ As much as i love We Stitch These Wounds, i personally think Set The World On Fire was their best work by far, and the Rebels EP. I even have STWOF on Vinyl! After that i feel is when the decline started. Glad i got the chance to see them live during that time. Excited for Restitch though! Should be a fun nostalgia ride. 

Set the World on Fire is unironically the best hard rock album of the 2010s, and my favorite album of all time.

Come ooooooooonnnnnn full leak! :D