Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Magnolia Project - Stillness & You (2020)

10 posts in this topic

Really sweet album art. Really sweet music too. Reminds me a bit of Violet or Herbrightskies

damn, this has that 2003 style all over it. not a bad single at all

• Upvote 1

This sounds more like early-2000s post-hardcore as others have said... for me that's a big improvement over much of the modern post-hardcore here on Kingdom Leaks.  I'm enjoying this EP quite a bit so far, well-produced with some good guitar parts and a good mix between singing and hardcore vocals.

• Upvote 1

On 7/14/2020 at 8:31 AM, Scotty_Trees said:

Really sweet album art. Really sweet music too. Reminds me a bit of Violet or Herbrightskies

Violet comparison is spot-on, harsh vocals sound almost identical

• Upvote 1

Damn, I had no idea how good this was gonna be! Could listen to shit like this all day. Two thumbs up for sure

well, this is another band I'm super glad I discovered! this is super good!

Really awesome ep. Thanks for this. 

On 7/14/2020 at 1:31 PM, Scotty_Trees said:

THAT'S who it reminds me of! That was really bugging me.

• Upvote 1

On 7/15/2020 at 5:59 AM, MadAdaM said:

This sounds more like early-2000s post-hardcore as others have said... for me that's a big improvement over much of the modern post-hardcore here on Kingdom Leaks.  I'm enjoying this EP quite a bit so far, well-produced with some good guitar parts and a good mix between singing and hardcore vocals.

Yeah I don't mind the current trend of the genre (if it's even alive at this point) with all the swancore or RnB influenced bands (The Seafloor Cinema finally clicking with me this month), but I never tired of the early 2000 stuff so the more the merrier. So long as we stick before the Risecore sound 

• Upvote 1