Sign in to follow this  
Michael

Dance Gavin Dance - Afterburner (Instrumental) (Target Exclusive) (2020)

14 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Sweeeeeet!  Thanks!

I'm very badly okay with this. @Choose You're the best!

This honestly makes me question their decision on Calentamiento Global even more.

(Target Exclusive)

I thought we grew out of that phase

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

This honestly makes me question their decision on Calentamiento Global even more.

I thought we grew out of that phase

Tilian's spanish verse was one of the most memorable parts on the album imo. Immediately brought to mind The Mars Volta.

• Upvote 1

WYv5vZr.gif

19 minutes ago, sprdnglkwngs said:

Tilian's spanish verse was one of the most memorable parts on the album imo. Immediately brought to mind The Mars Volta.

Definitely memorable and it warmed up on me. It just feels so awkward as the 3rd song on the LP. 

Another one for the collection, thanks!

20 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

Definitely memorable and it warmed up on me. It just feels so awkward as the 3rd song on the LP. 

Most bands in the genre used to put their more acceptable songs early on and their crazier out there stuff near the end of the album, lately I've seen a lot of the opposite. The flashy weird songs go close to beginning and the more acceptable stuff later (Shrezzer's album is a good example with the egyptian sounding and hip hop influenced tracks right out the gate). It's a weird shift that I personally am ok with since I listen to albums in full even if Im not thoroughly enjoying it, but I'm sure it's turned off a few people. It must have an upside though since it's happening more frequently.

1 hour ago, Can'tComplain said:

Most bands in the genre used to put their more acceptable songs early on and their crazier out there stuff near the end of the album, lately I've seen a lot of the opposite. The flashy weird songs go close to beginning and the more acceptable stuff later (Shrezzer's album is a good example with the egyptian sounding and hip hop influenced tracks right out the gate). It's a weird shift that I personally am ok with since I listen to albums in full even if Im not thoroughly enjoying it, but I'm sure it's turned off a few people. It must have an upside though since it's happening more frequently.

Huh I guess I haven't noticed. I'm in the same boat, I listen to the album in it's entirety instead of just picking singles. It's just weird because I know DGD/Swan has been very adamant about 'radio singles' being first. Eidola said they had to convince them to keep their song order the way it was for their LP even though he knew it was a concept album. 

This one SLAPS!

5 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

Huh I guess I haven't noticed. I'm in the same boat, I listen to the album in it's entirety instead of just picking singles. It's just weird because I know DGD/Swan has been very adamant about 'radio singles' being first. Eidola said they had to convince them to keep their song order the way it was for their LP even though he knew it was a concept album. 

Dang that's a little disappointing to hear that anyone tried to have a hand in Eidola's track order, they are one of the most creative bands in the scene atm, they should just be let be to do whatever in my opinion.

Also, surprisingly, beside's the singles, Calentamiento Global is one of the most listened to on the album at the moment. Even if the intention wasn't solely to capitalize on the spanish speaking market, I think they definitely knew it would. It sort of makes sense if Swan is looking at it from a marketing angle and trying to bring in the most new listeners, even if it's weird to hear that early for the existing DGD fanbase.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Can'tComplain said:

Dang that's a little disappointing to hear that anyone tried to have a hand in Eidola's track order, they are one of the most creative bands in the scene atm, they should just be let be to do whatever in my opinion.

Also, surprisingly, beside's the singles, Calentamiento Global is one of the most listened to on the album at the moment. Even if the intention wasn't solely to capitalize on the spanish speaking market, I think they definitely knew it would. It sort of makes sense if Swan is looking at it from a marketing angle and trying to bring in the most new listeners, even if it's weird to hear that early for the existing DGD fanbase.

I used to smoke with them before and after shows when they’d come through during the Selftitled/Happiness years and I remember Will or Matt telling me one time they wanted to have Self-Trepanation be the first track off Happiness, but Rise wasn’t having it, insisted on Tree Village being first.

• Love 1

WYv5vZr.gif

thanks!!

EEE