Summers

PVRIS - Use Me (2020)

85 posts in this topic

I have my qualms about this album, but I think it's getting just a slightly worse rap than it deserves. The trio from the EP are stellar tracks, the two singles are good (but nothing great imo), and 3 of the new tracks (Stay Gold, Loveless and Wish You Well IIRC) did a lot for me on the first listen. I'm admittedly frustrated with their way of handling the EP tracks though. The Hallucinations EP is so worth a purchase and a millions spins, and putting most but not all of it's tracks is going to communicate the wrong things about the two which were left out. I think if they were set on keeping Hallucinations, Death of Me and Old Wounds in the LP they should have gone ahead and tacked on Nightmare and Things are Better as bonus tracks or something.

I'm also surprised today wasn't the release date since I'm pretty sure this was listed on the sidebar last month? It was on my calendar at least and idk where else I would have gotten that info from, so I guess someone was rightfully confident in the leak. Hope at least the band intended for it to happen. Also you guys are trippin', All We Know of Heaven was The Shit and has aged better than White Noise.

tl;dr listen to the EP and fuck Warner Bros. I guess? I rate good/10

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

Thanks

And I guess they won't be ashamed either when they release "deluxe" edition of this thing with the two missing tracks from the ep.

11 hours ago, Ossy33xxx said:

@ErkvtCvlt If you're female maybe

@cabose369 Def. not because no one expecting it. Now that they're a know band expectations will be over the top. This album was at least MUCH better than that 2017 release!

I'm a straight gay bitch

• Love 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Can't lie by saying I'm a bit disappointed in this.

I really love everything PVRIS has done prior, even stuff before their debut album, I never minded the shift in direction musically over the years, but... this doesn't have that many memorable songs. I'd say that the songs on the EP they released were the strongest, everything else is a bit meh in comparison which is a shame.

I would wager this is because Lynn took over creative direction whilst the other members took a backseat, it didn't work out too well in my opinion. I hope they all get involved equally for the next one.

weak opening and overall too much slowpaced tracks for my liking

6 hours ago, ErkvtCvlt said:

I'm a straight gay bitch

Ok

• Downvote 1

@moonlover the MVP of this tread.

I'll take more PRVIS any day of the week.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:15 AM, BlueWall said:

Is your sole purpose on this site to say controversial things for a bit of attention...

Like dogging on BMTH and other bands that are well loved on the site...

Shit form

FATALITY

I love this band but just slightly disappointed with this album I want more rocky pvris not poppy

This album be hittin different

The sequencing of this album seems a bit off... are we 100% sure the track list is in the correct order? Seems weird to put Death Of Me, Hallucinations and Old Wounds together, since they came off the EP.  You figure you'd spread them out a bit through out the album. Also having Loveless and January Rain back to back seemed off too (both great songs btw). Lastly, the sound quality doesn't feel like a true 320kbs. I question how this was sourced. There seems to be a noticeable sound difference between Death Of Me/Hallucinations and rest of the album.

After latest 5 singles in this album I expected something more rock but this songs are good for me.

OH SHITTTTTTTTTT TY!!!!!!!!

Yess I've been waiting for this all year! Haven't listened yet but if it's like hallucinations EP I'll enjoy.. Thanks :)

At fast first glance on the cover on main page I was like "Oh no, that guy from Tokio Hotel is back..." :lol:

forgot to comment on this

I actually really enjoyed this, the second half was definitely better than the first, but pretty much every track here is good if not great

favs are def Hallucinations, Loveless, January Rain and Wish You Well

• Upvote 1

yeah epic

On 7/10/2020 at 9:24 AM, Exsanguination45 said:

Bmth are fucking horrid now.

Oli can't sing outside of the studio, their egos are through the roof, they abandoned the fans that made them - which is okay - but laughed about it and acted on a pedestal.

Fuck em..their music is actual shit now...im allowed that opinion without you crying about it tbh

The funniest part overall is watching the fans that still like them acting like they're special because they still like them...on that fake Oli high horse hahahah

Cheers

I met that oli cunt in the apple store in meadowhall about 13 years ago, sold him a macbook, he was fucking gross, breath fucking stank

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, meathane said:

I met that oli cunt in the apple store in meadowhall about 13 years ago, sold him a macbook, he was fucking gross, breath fucking stank

Hahahhahahahha

On 7/12/2020 at 2:05 AM, lukeyboy4471 said:

FATALITY

Oh mate, fuckin scarred me tbh

overall kinda meh. her 2014 work was best to me. the 3 songs of her previous hallucinations ep were among the stronger tracks here in hallucinations, death of me, and old wounds. also liked gimme a minute and use me

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

26 minutes ago, DIMENSIONAUT IN 3D said:

overall kinda meh. her 2014 work was best to me. the 3 songs of her previous hallucinations ep were among the stronger tracks here in hallucinations, death of me, and old wounds. also liked gimme a minute and use me

thier

• Haha 1

Out of all of the new songs Use Me is probably my favorite. Kind of reminds me of a more upbeat version of Empty. Favorite songs are Death of Me, Hallucinations, Use Me, Old Wounds, and Dead Weight.The album's alright, but most of the good songs came from the EP or were released as singles already. I could see some of the other new songs growing on me the more I listen.

image.png.7f83b817dffdfeea9ef9ab8a03d953fe.png

• Haha 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Wait what EfOR7uBWAAAEFNR.jpg