ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Summers

Static-X - Project Regeneration, Vol. 1 (2020)

40 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Seek-n-Strike said:

I know it's a touchy topic but will you ask about the extent of Tripp's input (e.g. did any riffs remain or is he only credited because Wayne's vocal melodies may have been influenced by Tripp's riffs which were subsequently replaced so he won't see any money from the album)? As far as I'm aware, all that remains from the original recordings are Wayne's vocals and the band re-wrote all the music without hearing what was originally recorded. And I think that's for the best.

I actually planned to ask about Tripp's involvement, because I wonder the same thing. 

Really happy with this album. They did wayne justice. Vol 2 should be just as awesome!

Finally, thanks!

After 3 listens this might be my favorite Static-X album. Otsego Placebo and Terminator Oscillator go hard as hell

• Upvote 1

After a few spins I'm really really diggin this. "Dead Souls" is a good gothic style closer that is unusual for these guys. "My Destruction" has that nice "Blue Monday-esque drum fill"  "Otsego Placebo" having that 'Jap metal industrial sound' ((can't think of the band right now)))    These guys really put in some work at the studio. The original idea was to complete these tracks with guest vocalists (ie. Dez Fafara, Edsel Dope, etc) until they discovered more demos. I'm excited for Vol 2.  

I'm hoping these guys have such good feedback that they continue with filler vocalists (or one) on future material. calling it    X-STATIC   :)

5 hours ago, austallica said:

After 3 listens this might be my favorite Static-X album. Otsego Placebo and Terminator Oscillator go hard as hell

WDT IS GOAT

but this album is killer. 

• Love 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

Makes me happy with how successful this album turned out. Love Static-X, easily one of my favorite bands, and they dropped a highly replayable, well done tribute to Wayne. Even love how some of the heaviest tracks they've made are on here too ("Terminator Oscillator," "My Destruction," "Otsego Placebo..."). Band truly did this out of love and with so much chemistry. Sounds as if Wayne is still here today, making these tracks with them. Can't wait for Vol. 2 now, really made my week with how awesome this album turned out with all of the shit events that have happened to Static-X throughout the years and all of the rough criticism they would get for their music. Truly a redemption arc in the making.

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

On 7/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, Bleeding My Own Blood said:

I actually planned to ask about Tripp's involvement, because I wonder the same thing. 

I actually have the CD now, and in the notes it says "additional music on track 2, additional music and lyrics on tracks 7 and 9 by T. Salvador" in the most footnote-y way possible. So it sounds like those are tracks where he wrote some of the original music which was replaced, but they obviously couldn't erase the lyrics Wayne sung.

Anyway 4 of the songs (Terminator Oscillator, Accelerate, My Destruction and Otsego Placebo) are just Xer0 on vocals and they're pretty solid. It puts them in a good position if they want to carry on after Vol 2 comes out, but I'd hope they change the name if they do. I always wanted them to go back to calling themselves Wisconsin Death Trip, their original name.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:55 PM, SiK_King420 said:

They did wayne justice.

Not whatsoever, according to Tripp.

Anyway. I love the album. Curious though why 3 tracks specifically have (Project Regeneration) after the titles.

On 7/11/2020 at 3:06 PM, Seek-n-Strike said:

I actually have the CD now, and in the notes it says "additional music on track 2, additional music and lyrics on tracks 7 and 9 by T. Salvador" in the most footnote-y way possible. So it sounds like those are tracks where he wrote some of the original music which was replaced, but they obviously couldn't erase the lyrics Wayne sung.

Anyway 4 of the songs (Terminator Oscillator, Accelerate, My Destruction and Otsego Placebo) are just Xer0 on vocals and they're pretty solid. It puts them in a good position if they want to carry on after Vol 2 comes out, but I'd hope they change the name if they do. I always wanted them to go back to calling themselves Wisconsin Death Trip, their original name.

I talked to Tony Campos today for an interview, and Tripp's involvement was downplayed because there wasn't much of his music there to begin with. They actually rerecorded his parts, so there's no Tripp on the album besides small songwriting credits. Tony also said that's he's open to doing more music after these 2 volumes are out,  which would be amazing!!!!!