Sign in to follow this  
Summers

The Midnight - Monsters (2020)

18 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

WOW!!! So early! Thanks a lot!

Can't wait for the instrumental version :wub:

Damn... Actually a huge disappointment for me. Just finished the first listen. It's not even remotely close to what they've been making before. :(

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Kozlina31 said:

Damn... Actually a huge disappointment for me. Just finished the first listen. It's not even remotely close to what they've been making before. :(

best album iyo?  

Sunset, no regrets
First chance, last dance
Stuck in the middle
Even bad girls know good love
You taste so sweet it hurts a little

• Upvote 1

This is a very experimental album but I like all the new things they've tried. Could do with a few more songs with big choruses like America 2 or Los Angeles, but this is a great album soaked in atmosphere.

Thank you! ♥

"It's just noise"

13232.png

3 hours ago, degausser said:

best album iyo?  

1) Kids
2) Endless Summer
3) Nocturnal / Days Of Thunder

• Love 2

We in the 90s now

Oh hell yeah, been waiting a hot minute for this.

13 hours ago, Kozlina31 said:

Yep. A few good tracks (America Online, Deep Blue, Dance With Somebody). Rest are boring. 

A half a minute into Collateral shows what they’re capable of. This is just.. ugh. Goddamn it lol. 

• Upvote 1

Noice!

23 hours ago, colddayinhell said:

Yep. A few good tracks (America Online, Deep Blue, Dance With Somebody). Rest are boring. 

A half a minute into Collateral shows what they’re capable of. This is just.. ugh. Goddamn it lol. 

Yeah it really feels kind of a like an identity crisis.

They've shown they can perfect one pure sound with Nocturnal and Kids but also have a good balance in variety with Days of Thunder and Endless Summer....This just lacks so much cohesion - going from vaporwave-esque songs to Kids B-sides - that I was honestly wondering if they should have just made several "experimental" EP's instead.

That said, I'm kind of surprised it took them so long to take a stumble. I feared blowing up with Kids was going to do it. And up to this album it was probably my least favorite, but even then it's still really good and even more impressive that they put out nothing but hits for the last 6 years.

2 hours ago, ggl3dde said:

Yeah it really feels kind of a like an identity crisis.

They've shown they can perfect one pure sound with Nocturnal and Kids but also have a good balance in variety with Days of Thunder and Endless Summer....This just lacks so much cohesion - going from vaporwave-esque songs to Kids B-sides - that I was honestly wondering if they should have just made several "experimental" EP's instead.

That said, I'm kind of surprised it took them so long to take a stumble. I feared blowing up with Kids was going to do it. And up to this album it was probably my least favorite, but even then it's still really good and even more impressive that they put out nothing but hits for the last 6 years.

I couldn't agree more. Vaporwave is good shit too. Abelard is boss.

But yeah, it's a letdown for sure. I hate to say it but one track off of this was a Timecop1983 ripoff. I'd have to listen to it again. Ripoff might be a harsh word because they do collab together. 

Oh well, fuckin way she goes...

• Upvote 1

Y'all are tripping, this might be their second best record to date tbh. They're totally taking their sound into different places now. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this still feels just like The Midnight, no identity crisis, just stepping into a bit of new ground.

:banana: groovy and melodic. surprised how good this is. probably my AOTM. fav songs are dance with somebody and last train

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown