Summers

Fit for a King - God of Fire (Single) (2020)

69 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

I've waited for so damn long to hear this song. I've not seen any of the live videos.
Also, Dark Skies was my AOTY back then, I've heard it to the point the music didnt make any sense and it was just random noises LOL.
Safe to say I'm pretty stoked for this.
LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

This is 500x better than whatever that shit back in March was. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

The edm production throughout sounds very Code Orangey

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

Can't wait for this album :)

• Upvote 3

I love all the electronic style production in this

• Upvote 2

http://www.facebook.com/DosesNJ

New song "Glass Crown" out now!
http://linktr.ee/Doses

I actually think it the live version sounds much better...still love the song though.  Also the album cover is kinda trash (viewable on their website) idk what they were thinking

Woah, I dig this side of FFAK.

• Upvote 4

Holy shit this is so fucking insanely heavy, I like the studio version so much better than the live version

• Upvote 2

meh

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Nothing groundbreaking per se, but definitely the side of FFAK that I enjoy the most, good to hear that they're evolving their sound a bit.

21 minutes ago, bananarampage said:

The edm production throughout sounds very Code Orangey

100% on point.

• Upvote 1

jpUJCRq.gif

Ohohoh, hell yeah. This is how you do it. 

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Yea boiiii. Great song, FFAK staying true to themselves. If someone told me their next song would have EDM elements in it, i would've been pissed, but it's a great fit actually.

• Upvote 2

STYGKL_1.gif

Raaad. Been waiting for the studio version ever since Ryo cane out on stage and shredded this track with FFAK.

• Upvote 1

really nice main riff, fantastic production, but the structure really isn’t doing it for me

doesn’t flow too well and it kinda kills the momentum of the song even if the individual elements are pretty great 

• Upvote 4

yeah epic

Firrrrreeeee

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

People have been jizzing over this song for months?

Its...ok.  It's not "insanely heavy" like someone said in this thread.  Lol not even close.

Its simplistic, repetitive and kinda meh in my opinion.  I love FFAK but they can do much better than these first 2 songs.

• Upvote 7

Wow. Never thought I’d say this about an FFAK song....but I absolutely hate it!  I hate the techno, the guitar riff just mindlessly repeats, and sounds way too familiar.  
I’m sure I’ll love the album as a whole, but I’ll never listen to this crap again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

This is a step up compared to Breaking the mirror which was a very generic metalcore song. Personally I wish Kirby never started doing cleans, nothing against them, he has those cleans that for me personally, do absolutely nothing, they're far from being bad, but they're also very forgetable IMO.

At least on this song they tried something different, for someone like me who's been listening to metalcore for so long it's always a +. I wouldn't say I really like this song, but I'm always happy when bands I've been listening for a while try a little something that gets them out of their comfort zone. 

• Upvote 1

I'm enjoying the heaviness and how aggressive it is... but its also super repetitive and some of the electronic stuff can be a bit annoying. 

Between the two singles, I think this album should have a good balance of catchy and heavy.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Adec21 said:

This is a step up compared to Breaking the mirror which was a very generic metalcore song. Personally I wish Kirby never started doing cleans, nothing against them, he has those cleans that for me personally, do absolutely nothing, they're far from being bad, but they're also very forgetable IMO.

I couldn’t disagree more about his cleans. I think they’re unique and very memorable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

This is so ignorantly violent.

I love it

• Upvote 3

klbanneredo-min.png

38 minutes ago, BeforeWeAreHanged said:

I couldn’t disagree more about his cleans. I think they’re unique and very memorable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's fine mate, if that's how you perceive them that's good, each their own I guess. There's most probably singers I enjoy that most people don't, it happens.

A lot of things can shape our opinions, not only from past emotional experiences, but also chemically, brains don't all perceive sounds the same. I won't go too much in details, but yeah, it all comes to personal preferences. He's one of my top screamers, that's for sure, but his cleans just don't do it for me personally.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, AugustBurnsGreg said:

People have been jizzing over this song for months?

Its...ok.  It's not "insanely heavy" like someone said in this thread.  Lol not even close.

It's way heavier and more exciting live.  I was at the final tour stop...trust me.  Live version is way better.

If the rest of the album is gonna be as solid and energetic as this song, it will definitely be my AOTY, no doubts.

• Upvote 1

Remember when Of Mice & Men did 'Mushroom Cloud'? This is how it SHOULD'VE been done. Production is great, it's heavy, 'the riff' displayed here is good, albeit simple. 

Saying this though, flow is really not very good. I'm worried that the album that proceeds this may have a disjointed structure to it. 

Easily a 3.5/5 of a song. 

• Upvote 1

Quite solid. Is this the opening track? Sounds like an opening track

What the fuck is this electronic trash doing in here :( Don't like this at all and I really loved their last album. Also sounds like a failed Crystal Lake ripoff

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif