ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Summers

Fit for a King - God of Fire (Single) (2020)

69 posts in this topic

Tbh its not bad but that techno crap is ruining it for me I expected a heavy af song like when it was live not this.... disappointed tbh the edm techo whatever it is over his vocals ruined it

• Downvote 1

Other Releases by

1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:
1 hour ago, xcblackdiamond said:

Quite solid. Is this the opening track? Sounds like an opening track

Track 7 actually

Edited by blackjordanairforce1s

What the hell has to happen to get something not repetitive these days... I wasn't expecting much, but this is far below my expectations.

Album destroys the last couple. This song stands alone though ,there isnt much sampling at all throughout the record. But as I said, it's their best since "slave to nothing" imo

Just now, Codeorange2 said:

Album destroys the last couple. This song stands alone though ,there isnt much sampling at all throughout the record. But as I said, it's their best since "slave to nothing" imo

This is good to hear. I thought they peaked with STN and Deathgrip, and thought Dark Skies was pretty fuckin disappointing. Please tell me that Breaking The Mirror is the only shit song on the record 

• Upvote 1

Not bad, not bad at all. Breakdown is kinda boring but other than that I like it

20200608_180043.png

3 hours ago, Adec21 said:

This is a step up compared to Breaking the mirror which was a very generic metalcore song. Personally I wish Kirby never started doing cleans, nothing against them, he has those cleans that for me personally, do absolutely nothing, they're far from being bad, but they're also very forgetable IMO.

At least on this song they tried something different, for someone like me who's been listening to metalcore for so long it's always a +. I wouldn't say I really like this song, but I'm always happy when bands I've been listening for a while try a little something that gets them out of their comfort zone. 

Was there someone else who did the cleans in their earlier records? Skin and bones is one of my favorite songs but when slave to nothing came out the cleans sounded completely different. 

10 minutes ago, Codeorange2 said:

What? You heard the record?

17 minutes ago, Coma Witch said:

This is good to hear. I thought they peaked with STN and Deathgrip, and thought Dark Skies was pretty fuckin disappointing. Please tell me that Breaking The Mirror is the only shit song on the record 

Not a fan of "locked in my head" kicks off with some whoa ohhh ohhhs " and makes me cringe a bit but a couple duds out of 10.  "Stockholm" is short (2:30)but is prbably my favorite off the record

• Upvote 2

Song massively fucks, glad to see them doing something new. Fell off these dudes after deathgrip but really hyped now for this new album. 

2 hours ago, Dgen846 said:

Tbh its not bad but that techno crap is ruining it for me I expected a heavy af song like when it was live not this.... disappointed tbh the edm techo whatever it is over his vocals ruined it

The "techno crap" was in the live version aswell. 

• Upvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

3 hours ago, FallenZA said:

What the fuck is this electronic trash doing in here :( Don't like this at all and I really loved their last album. Also sounds like a failed Crystal Lake ripoff

bro this song is literally featuring Ryo from Crystal Lake. Go watch the live version. 

2 minutes ago, cautioncurb said:

bro this song is literally featuring Ryo from Crystal Lake. Go watch the live version. 

Your point?

tumblr_pdnnq8zdjV1wphcbjo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, Codeorange2 said:

Not a fan of "locked in my head" kicks off with some whoa ohhh ohhhs " and makes me cringe a bit but a couple duds out of 10.  "Stockholm" is short (2:30)but is prbably my favorite off the record

How did you hear the record already?

This is fucking amazing

54 minutes ago, FallenZA said:

Your point?

he might have had some input

Is it heavy? Yes.

Is it unique for FFAK? Again, Yes.

Is it repetitive? Also, Yes.

Is it original? No.

Is it one of their best songs? Also No.

• Upvote 3

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

2 hours ago, bloodllust said:

Was there someone else who did the cleans in their earlier records? Skin and bones is one of my favorite songs but when slave to nothing came out the cleans sounded completely different. 

Yes, it was the bassist, he still does some cleans, but a lot of people told me he was really having a hard time performing those live, but I couldn’t say if it’s accurate. I know he has a solo project.

banger.

loses a point for "bow down"

7 hours ago, BeforeWeAreHanged said:

I couldn’t disagree more about his cleans. I think they’re unique and very memorable. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Exactly.

Previous dude is cooked 

@Lefty007 I think it looks pretty cool. Imo

I Love FFAK, but this shit is boring as hell... 

• Upvote 1

Ok

the live version of this song is worlds better than the studio version. actually pretty disappointed, ryo went way too hard for it to just be like this.  

Breaking the Mirror was 1000000% better imo but I'll never complain about new FFAK

I just don't understand how I think their first two albums are some of the best metalcore albums, but everything they've released since is laughably overrated to me. I seriously have no clue how this band has the following that they do. 

It also sucks that they lost the guitarist doing clean vocals from their first two albums, that dude had an amazing voice, now the cleans just aren't good. 

Wage War, Fit For A King, and Architects are the holy trinity of grossly overrated metalcore bands lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Man, this song is strangely fire, I like that, it's very original, and I can't wait for whole album! 

Not really into the electronic part but that could totally fit in the rest of the album

Rest of the song is fire for sure

As much as I love FFAK, it's going to take a few more listens until I'm sold. 

Seeing a lot of comments referring to the LIVE version over the studio, just wish us Aussie's could experience that..............maybe after Rona?

Love the artwork 

• Love 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png