Feeshmon

Trapt - Shadow Work (Deluxe) (2020)

63 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 2ndkrueger said:

I fucking hate Chris Taylor, he has completely lost it. I even argued with him on FB and ended up removing my follow on the band. 
With that being said, this is the best the band has put out in YEARS. Im glad i can still listen to them for the music, and ignoring the fact the frontsinger is a huge idiot IRL. :-D

Same, that weak fuck decided to have a flame me while attempting to boast how his life is all that. Really? Is it really all that when he is breaking down in front of the internet and trash talking back to thousands of comments on the internet for the past few months? Nah, that's a guy with a red ass. And it's that weakness that isn't allowing him to just ignore comments on 8 year old youtube videos. lmao He's a washed up irrelevant frontman, Uncle Chris Reco looking back on his old tapes lol.

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

Trapt is an embarrassment not just to the general public but to the Right as well. As for this album? I honestly haven't heard it yet.

I don't think ill get around to it either. RIP

• Downvote 1

another billion pandora hits for trapt!

• Downvote 1

time for my real opinion (patiently awaiting a downvote from xander)

this is actually fucking awful, just absolutely irredeemable garbage

boring as fuck and even more uninspired

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

yeah epic

Should be trending.

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

I listened to this at midnight with a group of friends and we discussed this album a lot after it was done, and we came to the conclusion that, the reason this is so bad, is because it adds nothing, it's so inoffensive you can't even laugh at it. It has no value in a positive or negative way, so it's just failing in general, if I'm bored, then I'm not entertained, and entertainment is part of music. This album doesn't even know what it wants to be either, it just changes sounds and whines all the time, which whining wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't hypocritical coming from a band that criticized emotional music. 

Hey @RockinXander downvote me like you have everyone else instead of trying to explain why you disagree

• Upvote 3

Trash.

Bonus/extra tracks added!

johnny booth.gif

1 minute ago, 967-EVIL said:

Bonus/extra tracks added!

why

• Haha 3

yeah epic

1 minute ago, Maximo said:

why

I did it just for you bb.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

johnny booth.gif

51 minutes ago, 967-EVIL said:

I did it just for you bb.

i think i wanna stay with mom this weekend 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

yeah epic

Why is the bonus track, Fire, better than the entire album? I've listened to the album a few times now and while it's listenable for me, it's just so boring. Fire actually has energy and character put into the song. Makes me wonder how long ago it was written compared to this whole album. 

• Upvote 1

This is one of those times in in the minority as far as the unbridaled hate for this band. THey had some good songs from the debut record and in my opinion this record is the best they have done since.

Yeah 600 units sold the first week definitely begs to differ on the quality of the album. 

HAHAHAHAHHA i didn't even know they made music after their debut.

• Upvote 2

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

1 minute ago, Kapital said:

Yeah 600 units sold the first week definitely begs to differ on the quality of the album. 

you think so brother?

34 minutes ago, sEcReTsiLeNcEandSLEEP said:

you think so brother?

Yup, I believe the first week of sales reflects greatly on the way he "promoted" the album. Acting like a complete Xenophobic prick on social media with the belief that you have the same pull as the racist politicians he regurgitates goes to show how arrogant he truly is. I have nothing against 2000s bands trying to make a comeback more power to them but I feel like he shot himself in the foot by fighting so much on Twitter and FB. He alienated so much of Trapts' fanbase that wouldve given the album a chance if he hadnt been so loud and confrontational. 

• Upvote 2

So curiosity got the best of me and I gave this a spin. The melodies seem forced. I struggled to give the album  any more of my time because of the lead singer's behaviour.  

12 hours ago, Kapital said:

12 hours ago, Kapital said:

Yup, I believe the first week of sales reflects greatly on the way he "promoted" the album. Acting like a complete Xenophobic prick on social media with the belief that you have the same pull as the racist politicians he regurgitates goes to show how arrogant he truly is. I have nothing against 2000s bands trying to make a comeback more power to them but I feel like he shot himself in the foot by fighting so much on Twitter and FB. He alienated so much of Trapts' fanbase that wouldve given the album a chance if he hadnt been so loud and confrontational. 

Am I wrong that this explanation has nothing to do with "the quality of the album"?

6 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

Am I wrong that this explanation has nothing to do with "the quality of the album"?

So an album sells itself with no promotion or word of mouth? Please enlighten me, champ. 

1 hour ago, Kapital said:

So an album sells itself with no promotion or word of mouth? Please enlighten me, champ. 

What do sales have to do with the overall quality of an album exactly? This album didn't do well in sales only because of the hate towards their singer. But the quality of the album is actually pretty decent, but no one will admit to that because of the hate. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kapital said:

... what?

• Haha 1

Wow guys this is probably one of the Top 5 albums that will ever exist for all of time to be honest

for me personally this album SHITS on Loathes like really

insane lyrics and complex song structures way better than 99% of any music out there, absolutely love it

#votefortrump #coronaisntreal #600albumsalesisgood #lovechrisbrown #rihannafakedthebeating

• Haha 3

21212.png.6abc7bb7d412721e52435cc2800679ba.png

@BERO posted as you're listening to Loathe :lol: yous a funny guy :lol: :P

• Love 1

Trapt are just a poor man's five finger death punch.

• Upvote 1

klbanneredo-min.png

26 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

Trapt are just a poor man's five finger death punch.

I see them more in line with like an Alt Right Hoobastank or Hinder. Not a fan of FFDP but they can atleast sell more than 600 units. 

On 7/16/2020 at 2:15 PM, RockinXander said:

What do sales have to do with the overall quality of an album exactly? This album didn't do well in sales only because of the hate towards their singer. But the quality of the album is actually pretty decent, but no one will admit to that because of the hate. 

In all seriousness here...whether you think this album is bad or not (specifically compared to other Trapt stuff, not in comparison to other music in general) is going to be driven by what sound you prefer. If you are looking for the more aggressive Trapt...not a chance. Going to be complete garbage. To me, I think it's super boring. Despite the singer being a total dbag, I decided to listen anyway because I figured there would be a few decent tracks. Everything sounds like a ballad. Hold and Be Held, Save Your Soul, Far Enough Away, Let Me Down Slowly...all the same crap. Forget 2002 - if you are hoping to hear something like Disconnected, Who's Going Home With You Tonight?, Stand Up...even End of My Rope. Not gonna happen. This is a snoozefest if you want something with some aggressiveness behind it. (and it isn't simply growth in musical styles, because they were making songs with some grit for years after their self-titled). 

The irony is that the braintrust of a singer was going after everyone on Twitter who posted a negative comment, including the one guy who said that Headstrong was a pop rock song. Meanwhile, the band just released an entire album that is basically just that. :P

I only liked 2 songs: Want to Want What I Want and Trying Too Hard. Garbage album. How in the hell can you go from bangers like Headstrong, Stand Up, and Sound Off to this trash?