Sign in to follow this  
Chief

Haken - Virus (2020)

31 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Yeah thank you very much! Can't wait to blast Vector and this back to back!

3 minutes ago, Mr. Electric said:

46vhho.jpg

Hahaha I fuckin love this community.

• Upvote 4

1c10a72c9c1f1d5ceb0bdb84ca32666c.png

I cannot fucking wait to dig into this. Prog fans been eating good recently.

• Upvote 1

=8) Thanks !

Just finished this album. 

Somehow, the 10 minute songs were the ones that stood out the most to me. Unpredictable as fuck. I liked it.

Overall, really cool listen for prog. metal fans. Really felt like Tool, Dream Theater and Periphery decided to meet and drink some beers. The "Periphery" part would even make sense, considering it's producing mastermind Nolly behind this. 

Favorite songs: Invasion, Carousel, Messiah Complex

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

Well, seems like my day is fully booked now. 

Loving it so far. Will definitely give it a few more listens to see if I really do like it, and see if it's not just the infatuation talking lol

looks like the @Chief is back!!

michael-b-michael-buble-242697.gif

The cockroach Kings are back

• Upvote 1

Checked the spectograms, it doesn't seem to be quite 320kbps, for those who care. However, it is absolutely amazing for an early leak, and I think it's just DAMN BRILLIANT. This is so, so good! Thanks so much for the leak! Enjoying it more than I thought I would. :) I haven't listened to them as much before, but this is a whole new level for them. And it makes me want to go back to the older stuff again and maybe appreciate it even more than I used to. The production, the melodies, the experimentation, it's all very, VERY well done.

Don't miss out on this, even if you're not a fan! If nothing, it's worth giving it a shot.

I wouldn’t think Haken would bring this much heavy in areas but after the Prosthetic single it was sort of expected since that’s one of their heaviest songs yet. This album flows really well and it’s not just one of the better prog records this year but one of the better records in general this will get many spins for sure and after three listens I’m honestly feeling a 9/10

• Love 2

YES! Finally! Day is saved :)

whoa this sounds sic!

Haken NEVER disappoints. Absolutely solid album that will be stuck on repeat for a while. I think this will end up in a high position on my top 10 of 2020.

Haken is one of the most consistent bands ever, all their albums are incredible and this one is no difference. Knowing it will be the continuation of Vector (my favorite album) I had the highest expectation and it didn't disappoint at all. All the tracks are, Haken typically, full with incredible riffs, catchy melodies and huge choruses. This is a must for every prog fan and beyond.

Favorites: Invasion, Messiah Complex (it's amazing but imo it focuses on way too many reprises compared to their other epics), Carousel and Prosthetic.

RnmmCRF.gif

Canary Yellow and the whole Messiah Complex are fucking incredible. Huge fan of the opener and it's approach to heaviness as well. Feel like Invasion (it's just too long for what it offers and I'm not fond of the chorus at all) and The Strain are the lesser songs in this but they're still pretty good. Very good album.

I think I'd actually prefer if they did future albums with the Messiah Complex approach.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Damn shit is on point!

"Carousel" is the  progressive metal song of the year for me. Repeating for the second time, definitely a banger! Thanks for the leak.

Messiah Complex: The Mountain, but this time on more drugs

Thanks dad. Never listened to these guys before but I do like me some prog.

Yassss! Thank you thank you thank you

After a couple full listens, this album is incredible! What a step up from Affinity and Vector, despite those being good albums as well. Haken really tapped into their talents on this one and gave us banger after banger after banger. Every song hits, the album flows perfectly, it's wonderfully consistent. There are hardly any weaknesses present on this LP. Support the band if you can (buy merch, go to shows once shit opens up), so they can continue to make stellar albums like this one. I'd give it between an 8.75 and a 9.25 out of 10. Listen to this shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, 967-EVIL said:

Thanks dad. Never listened to these guys before but I do like me some prog.

You must listen to The Mountain, ASAP.

• Love 1

messiah complex IV is insane, damn

• Upvote 2

DzpoybDXgAI-6Rs.jpg

Jimmy Neutron was waaaaay ahead of the game.

What the heck this actually gave my computer a virus! Something about donating to a prince before downloading... :(

Very good Album, but right now, my "Best of Prog" Award goes to Protest the Hero. On Virus, there are no weak songs, but these Messiah Complex songs...damn i wish they would connect to each other. As for me, they reprise many songs but don't really create a whole song experience. But still, good album. 

• Confused 2

Extremely solid record and worth the wait. Love the double album ideas with vector, still doesn't top vector for me but its brilliant. Stand out tracks are definitely for me: Invasion, Carousel, The Strain and of course the whole of The Messiah Complex

• Upvote 1