InsidAero

Bring Me the Horizon - Parasite Eve [Single] (2020)

129 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

As someone who was at the All Points East festival performance I can confirm that Oli fucking aced that song almost as if he had never stopped screaming 

as someone who was also there, I 100% second this, they played so much old shit and absolutely killed it

• Upvote 2

Other Releases by

30 minutes ago, Maximo said:

nah disliking shit is fine man but just saying "this sucks" isn't constructive, especially if it's followed up with "and I even liked the thing that sounds like this but less heavy"

I could care less about the heaviness, assumed that would be known by stating that I liked amo. This is for the most part just some generic trap/mumble rap with Oli channeling in his inner MGK. 

Sounds like something they would play at Forever 21. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Poon Sauce McNasty said:

I could care less about the heaviness, assumed that would be known by stating that I liked amo. This is for the most part just some generic trap/mumble rap with Oli channeling in his inner MGK. 

so much wrong with this comment

1. didn't say you said heaviness was an issue, i'm saying this is like a HEAVIER version of an amo song both vocally and instrumentally, it's not that different apart from the harder edge, logically that would appeal to an amo fan (myself included, amo is my 2nd favourite BMTH record)

2. I don't like MGK but he's not a fucking mumble rapper lmfao 

3. again, if you like amo, i have no idea how you can call this 'mumble rap/trap' when this is just an amplified version of the rock-oriented stuff on that record, and that record LITERALLY HAS A TRAP SONG, AND IT'S FUCKIN GOOD TOO

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I thought this song was supposed to be heavy?

• Haha 1

Loved There is a Hell... and Sempiternal, enjoyed the darker parts of TTS and Amo, this fuses the softer darkness with the screaming anger, super-keen on the next release. 

• Upvote 1

Fuckin hyped. This single ain't they best they've done, but I'm glad to see this and the last single go back to their heavier sound a bit. Gahh, I need an album. 

TOP TIER CHORUS

I just don't know how I feel about that breakdown near the end though... can't tell if it's the riff or what but I think I'd rather it just not be there tbh

Yeah this is definitely being overhyped here. It's a good song but Ludens was a step in the right direction that I feel they shouldn't have abandoned for a slightly heavier sound. 

• Upvote 1

Judging by the comments I’m definitely in the minority here, with a very unpopular opinion. I was super excited for this, but it didn’t hit for me.  This was super meh, and honestly felt crammed together. Honestly disappointed considering I have enjoyed every era so far. I really hope it grows on me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First thing I thought of when I seen the title was of that old PlayStation game - Classic stuff lol Good song here too, looking forward to some more, thanks for posting.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

2 hours ago, Maximo said:

nah disliking shit is fine man but just saying "this sucks" isn't constructive, especially if it's followed up with "and I even liked the thing that sounds like this but less heavy"

It doesn't have to be constructive, this isn't a college paper, its called an opinion on a forum about a song.

Saying 'amazing' isn't constructive either....

Head out of ass please 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

If i could learn how to make my guitar sound this massive in any of the songs i write. I'll be a happy man. 

This song is a bit of a slapper. Thought the transitions into the choruses was a little jarring but otherwise it's a banger of a song. 

Deadlights_-_Bathed_In_Venom_(Official_Music_Video).gif.7ce3a3ed3448ae83c213866ef79aa30e.gif

I really enjoy this song. They're 3/3 on these singles. And to me, with that one synth sound present in the chorus, it feels like Linkin Park walked so Bring Me could run.

I do have one complaint with it. And that is that its structure is almost the same as Ludens'. This isn't really a problem with the song, but with BMTH's songwriting in general. If they continue to make songs that have structures too similar, things might become boring. That's kinda my thoughts with Sleep Token as well

• Upvote 1

20200608_180043.png

Album/project is called "Post Human" -- they plan to record 4 records this year, according to a recent interview.

I really like this!

Thanks!

"I had a dream I got everything I wanted; and if I'm being honest, it might have been a nightmare."

This is lit bruh

• Upvote 1

Definitely their best work since sempiternal. They preform well live and are at their best when they blend genres as opposed to going straight pop or straight deathmetal 

Did I listen to a different song from everyone else??

Sounds like a TTS b-side / repeat of Ludens. 

I don't get how everyone shits on bands like TWA and AA for doing these boring pop-rock songs with snorefest "breakdowns" but somehow thinks BMTH is doing anything better. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheEmpire86 said:

First thing I thought of when I seen the title was of that old PlayStation game - Classic stuff lol Good song here too, looking forward to some more, thanks for posting.

It's inspired by it actually!

Saying that, I've been meaning to buy the original novel for years and perhaps I actually might now. Didn't expect BMTH to remind me of its existence in 2020. (Also third time they've released a song inspired by a Japanese game, as far as I'm aware. That's kind of fun)

Great song. I definitely want more of this.

• Upvote 1

better than amo/TtS, not as good as ludens

still hype for whatever this will be on

• Upvote 1

It's that easy: 

It's a good song, just not what was promised.

:banana::fap:

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

1 hour ago, neebnoob18 said:

I really enjoy this song. They're 3/3 on these singles. And to me, with that one synth sound present in the chorus, it feels like Linkin Park walked so Bring Me could run.

I do have one complaint with it. And that is that its structure is almost the same as Ludens'. This isn't really a problem with the song, but with BMTH's songwriting in general. If they continue to make songs that have structures too similar, things might become boring. That's kinda my thoughts with Sleep Token as well

Just out of curiosity, assuming one of them is Ludens, then what would the third single be?

• Upvote 1

115683106_BitterPiccy.jpg.2d236e5a4f796df6dede15f417522d3b.jpg

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif.96766e32a354e166e2036eb38a299b16.gif     rsz_spotify.png.3d59151ccfacd78883deaa07ccb0264d.png

19 minutes ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

It's a good song, just not what was promised.

what exactly was promised?

18 minutes ago, Six Souls said:

Just out of curiosity, assuming one of them is Ludens, then what would the third single be?

Experiment on Me, the collab with Halsey on the Birds of Prey soundtrack. They're not listed on streaming platforms, but they told us they worked on it, and when you listen to it, it doesn't feel like Halsey contributed more than vocals and maybe lyrics

• Upvote 1

20200608_180043.png

Its alright I was hoping Mick would have more of an influence on the track like theres not as many layers as I was hoping for, I think they gave him the track too late or something hopefully the other tracks are better I am still hopeful in the collab

• Upvote 2

unnamed.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, suckmywaifu said:

what exactly was promised?

on bbc they anounced this as the "hardest record in the world" and oli said "The world doesn't need light-hearted pop music right now - it needs anthems for anger" and while I agree that this is not light-hearted pop, it's still more pop/soft/alt rock than Metal... Yes it has a heavier part, with Chester Bennington-like screams but that's it. Chorus is great, song still too poppy. I didn't expect them to go back like they were, but after following r/bringmethehorizon and hearing everyone talking about something "heavy" I thought they will go a similar direction like Loathe actually. 

Still: Song is good, it's actually Ludens 2.0, but pls not more of that. 

• Upvote 1

I really, really like this. Actually I feel this is better than a good portion of Sandpit Turtle, That's The Spirit (Beer), and Amo(re).

Production is pretty nice, the Linkin Park homage in the bridge is well placed, and the contrasts between the band's sound eras are satisfying. I'm pretty stoked to hear the rest of the album if this is what they have to offer.