InsidAero

Bring Me the Horizon - Parasite Eve [Single] (2020)

129 posts in this topic

It really seems like with Ludens they have found a nice balance in all of their sounds, and this song solidifies that, it is a banger through and through.

Super excited for the LP/EP they will probably release sometime(hopefully soon)

• Upvote 3

Other Releases by

One of the best choruses they've ever put out. I'm glad they're sticking with a Ludens vibe on the new record.

One of the best choruses they've ever put out. I'm glad they're sticking with a Ludens vibe on the new record.

• Upvote 1

The verse sounds like Black Skinhead

yea this is good

This is exactly what I wanted from them on the back of Ludens. 

It's not their old stuff, they're never going to go back to that. I don't think Oli's voice could even if they wanted to.

However IMO it's way more exciting than most of the content on recent albums.

Thumbs up from me.

• Downvote 1

Wash you hands and wash your ass.

Definitely like Ludens more. There's a lot of empty space on this one. It's overall really solid and I'm gonna be jamming it all day, but it could've been cleaned up a bit. 3.5/5 for me

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, BlueWall said:

This is the Pinnacle of Bring Me The Horizon, this song perfectly encapsulates Bring Me The Horizon in the space of 4 minutes and 51 seconds.

When people ask me who Bring Me are and they ask to hear a song this is the perfect song to introduce people to them.

10/10 song 

Ludens is better IMO

• Upvote 1

Much like Corona, they really are going through a second peak 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

I fucking love! 

RnmmCRF.gif

10 minutes ago, Thatoneguy335 said:

Jeez you guys are so far up this band's ass that you have to resort to trying to shame people for not liking it lmao. Get over yourselves, this sound may not do anything for some people.

Song is tolerable.

nah disliking shit is fine man but just saying "this sucks" isn't constructive, especially if it's followed up with "and I even liked the thing that sounds like this but less heavy"

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

yeah epic

Amazing!!!!!

Wow. never been the biggest fan but this shit is sick. Its very early LP with those guitars!

• Upvote 1

Not metalcore at all, but still one of the better BMTH songs. I'm gonna say the more I listen to it the more I'm gonna like it too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

596608895_na2020newkl.png.cf55878107374737a11284053516e96b.png

Holy shit, I thought Ludens was one of their best songs since Sempiternal but this just blows Ludens out of the water. If they keep with the darkness and intensity and just overall vibe that this has then I can easily say this album/EP will be up there with Sempiternal as their best release, if not better.

• Upvote 1

meh?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Formerly known as
Nice_Backly

WK4Ilr1.jpg

i mean its an Ok song. it is really being overhyped by the crowd. whats with the Rihanna Ey Ey's ??  I don't mind that they don't go back to their deathcore sound but something agressive like "Sempiternal" would be cool to hear

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Feel like I’m in the minority here, but I don’t find this to be all that interesting. Ludens was much better in my opinion.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

movements.gif

Just now, Ossy33xxx said:

i mean its an Ok song. it is really being overhyped by the crowd. whats with the Rihanna Ey Ey's ??  I don't mind that they don't go back to their deathcore sound but something agressive like "Sempiternal" would be cool to hear

In the post premiere interview Oli mentioned that this is them back to their angry sound. So at most we'll get a guitar driven song, but I wouldn't expect full on screamed verses again.

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

I don't know why, but I like Ludens a lot more, considering that Ludens is probably less aggressive, this was overhyped as hell, mix is fucked up, organ pretty much died in studio version, that nice and bouncy instrumental is gone, nice bits are replaced with cringeworthy and cheesy lyrics *aachoo*
Some elements are kept, I'm not disappointed, but not pleased as much as I expected to be
Also...
THIS IS A WAR
demo sounded a lot better

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

EARGASM! 

29 minutes ago, stevej7 said:

This is exactly what I wanted from them on the back of Ludens. 

It's not their old stuff, they're never going to go back to that. I don't think Oli's voice could even if they wanted to.

However IMO it's way more exciting than most of the content on recent albums.

Thumbs up from me.

Actually it can. In some of their making of vids Oli was testing gutterals. Also just before COVID in late 2019 they played Pray For Plagues live. There's even jokes in the comments saying Oli was possessed by Mitch Lucker for the performance. He can't do it all the time. 

But Jordan said "I understand the fans mate. They want your screams" and Oli said "heh. Well if they want it they gotta give it a little bit to build up" in one of their recent vids.

"2020 is the year of the gutteral"

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SavageWraith said:

Actually it can. In some of their making of vids Oli was testing gutterals. Also just before COVID in late 2019 they played Pray For Plagues live. There's even jokes in the comments saying Oli was possessed by Mitch Lucker for the performance. He can't do it all the time. 

But Jordan said "I understand the fans mate. They want your screams" and Oli said "heh. Well if they want it they gotta give it a little bit to build up" in one of their recent vids.

"2020 is the year of the gutteral"

As someone who was at the All Points East festival performance I can confirm that Oli fucking aced that song almost as if he had never stopped screaming 

• Love 2

klbanneredo-min.png

Holy shit this is fantastic.

1 minute ago, BlueWall said:

As someone who was at the All Points East festival performance I can confirm that Oli fucking aced that song almost as if he had never stopped screaming 

"Are you fucking ready? I don't think you're ready. Let's take this back to 2006" 

proceeds to perform Pray For Plagues outro breakdown flawlessly in 2019

• Upvote 3

You know even though I liked a solid amount of Amo and certain songs (I Apologise, Nihilist Blues, Wonderful Life, etc) were pretty fantastic, but around that time i started to come back to their music less and less and started slowly writing them off as a bad that was once amongst my faves, but Ludens was a solid return to form (me saying this is ironic af considering how they memed the exact same thing during Ludens Behind The Scenes video) and a very good blend of their last three album eras, I really dug the experimentation of last year's mixtape as well, had some incredible vibes and neat ideas, but this solidifies that veeeeery solid blend of what BMTH achieved in the last decade further.

Fantastic track, and I really enjoyed the whole production cycle of it and the names involved with it.

• Upvote 6

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif