Summers

Hum - Inlet (2020)

20 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amped for this one. 

love these guys, didn't know they had something new coming

yeah epic

did not think i would ever be seeing these guys coming out with anything again. a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I seriously hope this falls on the My Bloody Valentine/Ride/Slowdive spectrum of 90s Rock band comes back and still makes stellar music. Hyped, either way, I love this band so much.

Also, I just noticed they put how long the album is on the artwork, just like the previous albums. They know how to keep an aesthetic going, lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

The purest, non-conformist jaded subhuman terrorist.

Holy shit, this is a very nice surprise!! Can’t wait to give it a listen.

holy fuck thank you so much. it's soooo good, they haven't skipped a single beat, loved this band since the 90's. you'd prefer an astronaut still stays on regular rotation for me.

• Upvote 1

wow. i knew i recognized this band. they had that jam 'Stars' in 1995 and havent released an album since 1998. damn. definitely checking this out. gimme some mid 90s rock vibes

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

a lot of these songs are long. more space rock than I expected. first track might be the strongest

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Actually never listened to them even after hearing that name a few times but this is greatness through and through.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Bout to roll one and give this a listen. About damn time they put out some new music. Long overdue. Can't wait. 

This is REALLY good. I've only ever heard You'd Prefer an Astronaut but honestly, I think I'm digging this one even more. The production is fucking amazing and I love how the guitars keep so much of their crunch and muscle despite there being so many textures and sounds behind them.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Definitely worth a download. Some of this wouldn't feel out of place on their YPAA album. Considering the 25 year gap, that is something.

9 hours ago, FlyingPiranha said:

This is REALLY good. I've only ever heard You'd Prefer an Astronaut but honestly, I think I'm digging this one even more. The production is fucking amazing and I love how the guitars keep so much of their crunch and muscle despite there being so many textures and sounds behind them.

Definitely consider giving Downward Is Heavenward a listen, that album is stellar as well. Easily comparable to You'd Prefer An Astronaut in quality.

On 6/24/2020 at 7:15 AM, Edgekrvzher said:

Definitely consider giving Downward Is Heavenward a listen, that album is stellar as well. Easily comparable to You'd Prefer An Astronaut in quality.

Thanks for the rec! After I put this album through its paces I definitely want to check out the rest of their catalog now.

• Love 1

=8) Thanks !

This is huge. Love how they beefed up some of the riffs with stoner rock influence. Def makes the whole shoegaze thing a little more interesting.

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:24 PM, Dickhead said:

This is huge. Love how they beefed up some of the riffs with stoner rock influence. Def makes the whole shoegaze thing a little more interesting.

Love when Hum breaks out the meaty, Helmet-esque grooves. "In The Den" and "Step Into You" are straight up bangers.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Edgekrvzher said:

Love when Hum breaks out the meaty, Helmet-esque grooves. "In The Den" and "Step Into You" are straight up bangers.

Indeed. I get a Dinosaur Jr. vibe from "Step Into You". The whole thing is pretty great, but those "The Summoning" and "Desert Rambler" riffs floor me.

• Upvote 1