Summers

Mushroomhead - A Wonderful Life (2020)

37 posts in this topic

definitely check this out

• Upvote 2

Lets listen to this album :)

• Upvote 1

Its okay, nothing to write home about. These guys need someone like Nothing or Waylon to join up to get their fire back

Let's gooooooo!!!

• Upvote 1

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Thanks for posting, been looking forward to this one, even though I didn't care for the last 2 singles. Still have some hope!

EDIT: Not a bad album overall, could go without those church choir tracks, and besides the 2 singles and Pulse, liking what I've heard. The new guy definitely sounds pretty good. Glad I got it on pre-order. Thanks again for the upload.

444x250_Slipknot_-_Nero_Forte_[OFFICIAL_VIDEO].gif

Usually I liked at least two or three songs on each MRH album, but this one is simply a mess. J-Mann shoulda just stick with Pitch Black Forecast instead of wasting his time in this band.

I love it. Been around since their self titled album. It sounds like a mixture of Superbuick, M3 and XIII. I love the old school vibes and newer experimentation. Idc how many members have changed, they've still preserved their unique sound. It's not for everyone, but it's for me. That's all that matters. Long live MRH. 9/10 just because of the overuse of the choir. 

• Upvote 4

Is the last song Lacrimosa a Evanescence cover?

4 hours ago, SiK_King420 said:

Its okay, nothing to write home about. These guys need someone like Nothing or Waylon to join up to get their fire back

Stevie is perfect and brought that fire. Just listen to his vocals. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Skywarp94 said:

I think the first two songs he sounds like Jeffrey a little bit more in the intro track 

Just now, Shawn sin said:

I think the first two songs he sounds like Jeffrey a little bit more in the intro track 

I've always said (check out his other band Garmonbozia) that he sounds like a mixture of Mike Patton and Jeffrey Nothing.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, mgeis87 said:

I love it. Been around since their self titled album. It sounds like a mixture of Superbuick, M3 and XIII. I love the old school vibes and newer experimentation. Idc how many members have changed, they've still preserved their unique sound. It's not for everyone, but it's for me. That's all that matters. Long live MRH. 9/10 just because of the overuse of the choir. 

Shmotz, Gravy, Pig Benis, and Nothing are gone from those albums, Dr. F does the keyboards and bass and Tanx is on guitar and Steve replaced Nothing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shawn sin said:

Shmotz, Gravy, Pig Benis, and Nothing are gone from those albums, Dr. F does the keyboards and bass and Tanx is on guitar and Steve replaced Nothing.

Shmotz is a friend and wasn't really able to keep going due to increased hearing loss. He actually had to have surgery last year 

4 minutes ago, Skywarp94 said:

Shmotz is a friend and wasn't really able to keep going due to increased hearing loss. He actually had to have surgery last year 

That sucks could have used him here not saying Dr. F is bad but I think this album is missing a certain element 

7 minutes ago, Shawn sin said:

That sucks could have used him here not saying Dr. F is bad but I think this album is missing a certain element 

It still has that creepy element. The last album Shmotz wrote on was Savior Sorrow though.

10 minutes ago, Skywarp94 said:

It still has that creepy element. The last album Shmotz wrote on was Savior Sorrow though.

He was on the last few albums too

Just now, Shawn sin said:

He was on the last few albums too

He was but Gravy wrote the keys on BSFUC and Ryan wrote them for TRTB

Wow. Really liking this. Carry on is garbage but this album def has some bangers on it. Def my fave of theirs since XIII.

• Upvote 2

Well color me pleasantly surprised.

After hearing that "Carry On" garbage I was terrified.

Thankfully that turned into the worst song on the record halfway through at least.

1 hour ago, Skywarp94 said:

Dont get me wrong he isnt bad and the albums in my mix. Id like to see them live with the new vocalist, and that could be a major contributing factor to why he hasnt hit as deep with me.

But i miss the rawness of emotion that waylon and jeff had on saviour sorrow.  Or how insane the combo of jmann and nothing were at the start. Time changes shit alot of members have changed i know that but its more of a personal thing. If i try to look at it as not MRH its a good album but still not amazing for my tastes atleast. 

33 minutes ago, Skywarp94 said:

He was but Gravy wrote the keys on BSFUC and Ryan wrote them for TRTB

I know Ryan wrote save us/embrace the ending too maybe Thats why I like TRTB, ill have to give this album a another listen too

6 minutes ago, SiK_King420 said:

Dont get me wrong he isnt bad and the albums in my mix. Id like to see them live with the new vocalist, and that could be a major contributing factor to why he hasnt hit as deep with me.

But i miss the rawness of emotion that waylon and jeff had on saviour sorrow.  Or how insane the combo of jmann and nothing were at the start. Time changes shit alot of members have changed i know that but its more of a personal thing. If i try to look at it as not MRH its a good album but still not amazing for my tastes atleast. 

Steve has been touring with them since 2018 there are a few videos with him on stage but your right it takes some getting used to 

6 minutes ago, SiK_King420 said:

Check it. He's got stage presence. The problem is Jeff couldn't sing live and relied on backing tracks too much.  

• Upvote 1

Boring... Almost every song include boring  piano intro or church choir... I miss waylon and jeff energy

Waylon was trash. Contributed nothing of value to the albums he was on.  Glad he's gone.  New guy is a good replacement for Nothing, might be able to give the band a more broader appeal, because nothing's voice, while unique, can be grating.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A lot better than i expected. Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MikeisCore said:

Waylon was trash. Contributed nothing of value to the albums he was on.  Glad he's gone.  New guy is a good replacement for Nothing, might be able to give the band a more broader appeal, because nothing's voice, while unique, can be grating.

He can't really sing live anymore

• Upvote 1