Sign in to follow this  
Summers

Protest the Hero - Palimpsest (2020)

51 posts in this topic

Other Releases by

The GOATs are back in town baybeeee

Oh HELL yeah. Based on the singles, this was looking better than PM. Hoping it can contest Volition. Super excited to listen and ty for the upload!

I'm buying the shit outta this but I'm so wet right now that I can't resist listening a bit early

• Haha 1

Did someone say AOTY?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Summers said:

Did someone say AOTY?

Me

Bloody Hell.

41 minutes ago, Summers said:

Did someone say AOTY?

YES. This album is nuts. Soliluqoy, Reverie, From The Sky, The Fireside, and Rivet are some of the best songs they've ever written.

• Upvote 1

Is it anything like Fortress ?

My initial take is that it's more punk than Fortress and with less emphasis on solo/lead guitar work. That being said, the rhythm work is better than all of their previous albums so I think it makes up for it. The leads are more interwoven instead of being the focus.

• Upvote 1

im tired af so im going to bed but i cannot wait to listen to this tomorrow holy fuck

Thanks

This album is insane after 2 listens. If any of y'all love this band as much as me pleeeeease buy the record. 

• Upvote 1

I couldn't really get into these guys after Fortress. That single is decent, but I have to force myself to listen to this to maybe enjoy it. Probably just not my thing anymore, but fuck it if Keiza wasn't a masterpiece

• Upvote 2

guitarists every where rejoice

4 hours ago, DekinhoDesu said:

Is it anything like Fortress ?

is that the last pth album you listened to?  

it's not, and it's better for it.  it's more like a mix of everything they've done, 

8 minutes ago, degausser said:

is that the last pth album you listened to?  

it's not, and it's better for it.  it's more like a mix of everything they've done, 

No. I've listened to everything these guys have ever done. Fortress happens to be my favorite. Will check this out then.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DekinhoDesu said:

No. I've listened to everything these guys have ever done. Fortress happens to be my favorite. Will check this out then.

in that case I'd say it reminds me more if a kid between volition and scurrilous, with a hint of kezia's punk vibe

• Upvote 1

Oh thank you thank you thank you!!!! Cant wait to jam this.. 

=8) Thanks !

The album is FIRE! Wow, just, wow!

Definitely checking this out.

It was gonna leak eventually, so eventually it did.  SO excited for this one, first track is immediately incredible.

• Haha 2

Loved Kezia, liked Fortress, never really listened to Scurrilous, loved certain songs on Volition, never really listened to Pacific Myth.

I'm curious with this one but the singles hadn't really stuck with me.  Thanks for sharing!

Wow. This album smokes. I just ordered the vinyl from the Sheet Happens website. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1

Feels like a natural follow on from Pacific Myth, with a bit more added orchestral parts. After all these years, nobody even comes close to doing what they do. Now waiting on those two 'B-side' tracks...

I've never been able to get into this band. However that was before I fell down the prog rabbit hole. I'll have to give this a go!

shit just got real

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Wow, after the first new single  i was kinda shocked, how wierd these vocals were on this track. I had to listen it at least 10 times to get in. Now im hearing the second last song and he even screams again. Not like the Fortress era, but its great. Im really really suprised by this album. One of the best things they put out in years. I already like it much more than Volition and PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW SHIT HERE WE GO