ANNOUNCEMENT: We are please to announce that @967-EVIL has been promoted to Administrator! Please help us in congratulating him on his promotion!
Zephyr Sunrise

Silverstein - Quaranstein [EP] (2020)

19 posts in this topic

a3072381136_10.jpg
Release - June 12, 2020

Genre - Post-Hardcore, Alternative Rock

Quality - MP3 320, kbps CBR

*Thank you @haincha for your purchase*

*Quarantine home Concert EP*

Tracklist:

01. Smashed Into Pieces (3:44)

02. Smile In Your Sleep (3:16)

03. The Afterglow (3:11)

04. Bad Habits (2:54)

05. Burn It Down (3:10)

Download

Support!

Facebook / Bandcamp

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

Other Releases by

From their Twitter:

We have released the live audio recordings from at-home concert, “Quaranstein”, on our @Bandcamp

🔗 silverstein.bandcamp.com

100% of the Profits from this will donated to @NAACP & @BLAC_Ontario

This will be available until July 1 & will not appear anywhere else.  Thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I enjoy that they are giving Smile In Your Sleep so much love now. One of the most underrated Silverstein songs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3
  • Confused 5
  • Downvote 1

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

4 minutes ago, Burst said:

I enjoy that they are giving Smile In Your Sleep so much love now. One of the most underrated Silverstein songs. 

really?  that's like... the Silverstein song.

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, Burst said:

I haven't met someone who listened to Silverstein that didn't know Smile In Your Sleep, tbh

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Burst said:

nah I don’t think that’s underrated at all. That is the essential Silverstein song. If anything, Discovering the Waterfront imo is an underrated song from them

• Upvote 2

EFo5Hj3XoAAmas3.jpg

1 hour ago, Burst said:

In which world is Smile in your Sleep underrated? It's their second most listened song after My Heroine...

• Upvote 1

This is soooo good! Absolutely love Silverstein. Can't wait to see them live again at some point. 

• Love 1

Just now, RockinXander said:

This is soooo good! Absolutely love Silverstein. Can't wait to see them live again at some point. 

As of right now, their tour this year hasn't been canceled. I still have VIP tickets to their show in Denver on August 11th.

• Upvote 2

Get it? Quaranstein? Because it sounds like quarantine? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Downvote 6

2 hours ago, Burst said:

Coming from somebody who's 31 and has loved this band for 15 years. What the cinnamon toast fuck?

4 hours ago, whydididothis said:

I haven't met someone who listened to Silverstein that didn't know Smile In Your Sleep, tbh

3 hours ago, dewey duck said:

nah I don’t think that’s underrated at all. That is the essential Silverstein song. If anything, Discovering the Waterfront imo is an underrated song from them

2 hours ago, MrPreApocalypse said:

In which world is Smile in your Sleep underrated? It's their second most listened song after My Heroine...

1 hour ago, stuckinvhs said:

Coming from somebody who's 31 and has loved this band for 15 years. What the cinnamon toast fuck?

Not? I always had the assumption it's quite underrated. Sorry, my bad then. But I would be able to see why people listen to it that much. It's one of their best songs, clearly. 

• Upvote 2

I watched you burning every bridge, then blame the smoke for your eyes burning.

41 minutes ago, Matten08 said:

Jesus, i haven't listened to anything since 'this is how the wind shits'.. those old records will sound dated af now tbh

Check out their Redux album they released last year. They rerecorded 2 songs from each of the old albums with their current sound and they all sound fantastic.

ezgif.com-crop.gif.d2fdfed799787d887a493e0c1688cea8.gif

1 minute ago, Matten08 said:

I will bud, sounds interesting! i might actually download the discog, just to see what i've missed : )

That's even better. Personally big fan of 'This is How the Wind Shifts' and 'Dead Reflection'

3 hours ago, bananarampage said:

Check out their Redux album they released last year. They rerecorded 2 songs from each of the old albums with their current sound and they all sound fantastic.

I would have to disagree with them sounding fantastic. I didn't like the redux very much at all. Same with Senses Fail's new re-recorded EP.

Thanks

Just now, sfmikica said:

Thanks

You're welcome

5okYaYzUV2M.jpg.090090bf575ec5ea7b7461327d36a6d9.jpg

16 hours ago, whenallelsefa1ls said:

I would have to disagree with them sounding fantastic. I didn't like the redux very much at all. Same with Senses Fail's new re-recorded EP.

I meant it in a literal sense. I prefer the crisp, modern production, especially when "When Broken is Easily Fixed" aged like it was recorded through a can. The riffs are less muddy and more articulated on the redux and Shane improved so much over the years as a vocalist.

TLDR; old albums bad production

On 6/13/2020 at 5:34 PM, bananarampage said:

I meant it in a literal sense. I prefer the crisp, modern production, especially when "When Broken is Easily Fixed" aged like it was recorded through a can. The riffs are less muddy and more articulated on the redux and Shane improved so much over the years as a vocalist.

TLDR; old albums bad production 

I still disagree. Sounds bad on vinyl sure because victory couldn't press anything with a quality mastering. But the CD/lossless? Sounds beautiful. The recording quality of the early to mid 2000's is the best in my opinion. Everyone still used real equipment instead of digitally modulated amps, sample replacement for drums, and an overly abundant use of quantization and auto-tune on the vocals. Even When Broken 15 was autotuned in post. The raw recordings of the early material are the clear winners.