Summers

Lamb of God - Lamb of God (2020)

74 posts in this topic

Damn I'm blown away, for someone whose never listen to LoG at all this is awesome. Love how groovy the music video is. Cleans are always a plus to me as well. Looks like another addition to my favorites. 2020 may be shit but the music coming out just keeps getting better n better :jams: <3

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

Other Releases by

Sweet! Wasn't feeling many of the singles, but still going to check it out. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Mr. Electric said:

Wasn't expecting that from you, because the very same logic applies to the thing you're "complaining" about although you acknowledge it in a salty way. Enjoy the record I guess

Difference is im making a general statement based on how I feel overall and stating my opinion. Im not responding to other members posts quoting them that their opinions/thoughts are wrong because they dont match my own. Thats all. Im not going to get into argument. Downvote as much as you all want. No shits given here.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Adexus said:

I love Memento Mori but honestly, I found the rest of it to be quite boring, uninspired, run of the mill LoG, it's an alright listen but nothing compared to their earlier releases.

 

This album sounds too repetitive.. for me the best is:

Memento Mori

Bloodshot Eyes

Resurrection Man

 

And I agree with those clean vocals, is not their best.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, pudhead said:

Difference is im making a general statement based on how I feel overall and stating my opinion. Im not responding to other members posts quoting them that their opinions/thoughts are wrong because they dont match my own. Thats all. Im not going to get into argument. Downvote as much as you all want. No shits given here.

Was never going to downvote, I am not 12.  But yeah, you didn't direct it at anyone but instead hid behind a general statement just so you can say "just opinions".  Yes, it is just opinions like you said, and since that is the case, there is zero reason to "subtweet" people who like something that you don't.  No argument, just trying to talk through the logic.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Very stale album they have lost the ability to riff like hello Morton are you there maybe focus on LoG more instead of your own shit if you can't handle doing both, also you can feel Adler is missing on the drums cause they aren't really up to much either. Listened to this twice and I would argue its their worst album yet tbh

  • Upvote 5

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

Siiick!

Share this post


Link to post

It’s good but it’s time to start accepting that they’ll never put out anything nearly as great as Ashes or Sacrament. The songwriting just isn’t the same anymore.

  • Upvote 4

 

 

 

20181026_wss_header_desktop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mr. Electric said:

Was never going to downvote, I am not 12.

you callin me 12, buckaroo

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, InsidAero said:

you callin me 12, buckaroo

image.png

 

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post

thanks

Share this post


Link to post

The combination of Metalcore and Groove Metal makes me @@ !!!!!!! Love them and 5FDP for their work at this!!!!

  • Upvote 1

The-Devil-Wears-Prada (2).jpg

Share this post


Link to post

It sounds like an algorithm was fed a bunch of random Lamb of God riffs and tasked with making an album. It's just okay. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, marcel said:

 

This album sounds too repetitive.. for me the best is:

Memento Mori

Bloodshot Eyes

Resurrection Man

 

And I agree with those clean vocals, is not their best.

 

I can't recall what Bloodshot Eyes sounds like but Resurrection Man is one that stood out as being slightly different.

 

Don't think this will be getting many listens which is a shame as I was looking forward to it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Invidious said:

It sounds like an algorithm was fed a bunch of random Lamb of God riffs and tasked with making an album. It's just okay. 

 

Super weird as I was actually going to say the exact same thing in my original comment!

Share this post


Link to post

Bad because it’s not Northlane or Attila 

  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, StinkyWinky said:

Bad because it’s not Northlane or Attila 

Nah bad cause its bad

  • Haha 1

Screen_Shot_2020-09-04_at_7.10.32_PM.png

Share this post


Link to post

It's ok, sounds like generic LoG all the way through. Resurrection Man and On the Hook are my only real standouts. Pretty much exactly what I expected after hearing the singles.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Adexus said:

 

Super weird as I was actually going to say the exact same thing in my original comment!

It seems especially appropriate since Art Cruz's drumming on this sounds like a stale imitation of Chris's, and I don't even necessarily think that Chris is a better drummer than Art. 

 

This entire album is just a huge bummer for me personally. Ashes was a pivotal album for getting me into metal, and my dad and I bonded a lot over their music and going to Lamb of God gigs in the Sacrament and Wrath years, back when our relationship was much better than it is now. Having the band sound like such a shell of its former self just seems so much more disappointing than it logically should. 

I wonder if the quality of music had anything to do with Chris leaving the band.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Invidious said:

I wonder if the quality of music had anything to do with Chris leaving the band.

That's my guess too. At first it seemed like he was pushed out but now I'm getting the feeling he just wasn't musically on the same page as the rest of the band anymore and decided to move on. Such a shame too that he gave up the Megadeth gig to stick with them just for this to happen.

 

Fingers crossed Chris gets into something killer again, it would be a damn shame if his talent went to waste.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

Great technical skills, brilliant production, metal at its best. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can't choose a favorite song, because every song is killing it. Album of the YEAR!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Resurrection man got some serious hardcore vibes I like it 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Dan_622 said:

That's my guess too. At first it seemed like he was pushed out but now I'm getting the feeling he just wasn't musically on the same page as the rest of the band anymore and decided to move on. Such a shame too that he gave up the Megadeth gig to stick with them just for this to happen.

 

Fingers crossed Chris gets into something killer again, it would be a damn shame if his talent went to waste.

In the first interview he gave after his departure he said:

 

 
 
 
 
Quote

The truth is that, I am I unwilling to paint by numbers. . . There is an ambiguous concept in our world of 'selling out.' I cannot define that outside of my personal understanding, but know that being trapped in a 'creative' formula and/or playing the same song 10,000 times did not bolster my love of playing. I'm never been one to 'phone it in.' I'd rather mow the grass

 

This seems to confirm what we're thinking. I think he later backed off a bit from these comments, but they still seem pretty revealing.


Another thought: I think they should really try to go with a different producer for the next album. They've been with Josh since Wrath, and I understand that having a great working relationship with a producer is a big factor, but I think they would really benefit from stepping outside the box. It's still crazy to me that they had Machine produce their two most heralded albums and then never went back to him.

I miss Chris's poppy snare with that delicious ring to it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Invidious said:

It seems especially appropriate since Art Cruz's drumming on this sounds like a stale imitation of Chris's, and I don't even necessarily think that Chris is a better drummer than Art. 

 

This entire album is just a huge bummer for me personally. Ashes was a pivotal album for getting me into metal, and my dad and I bonded a lot over their music and going to Lamb of God gigs in the Sacrament and Wrath years, back when our relationship was much better than it is now. Having the band sound like such a shell of its former self just seems so much more disappointing than it logically should. 

I wonder if the quality of music had anything to do with Chris leaving the band.

 

Yeah, rubs salt in the wound when Mark Morton just came out and said Adler was more "robotic" and Cruz has more "feel", he says he didn't mean it as a dig but it sounds like it to me.

 

Sounds like Adler's dodged a bullet on this one to be honest, I'd love for him to do another Protest the Hero record as I think his best work is on Volition, absolutely insane.

Share this post


Link to post

Solid 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the leak,@Summers!!!

GROOOOVY


5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Copyright © 2013-2020 Kingdom Leaks.