mR12

Make Them Suffer - How to Survive a Funeral (2020)

134 posts in this topic

Did anyone else feel like we just heard the next part of "Old Souls", if anyone remembers Sean saying that the protagonist could make a return sometime in the near future? Cause I feel like this is it. Old Souls Part 2 if you will. Because if we look back at the album where Timeless is and The Attendant is here, could we possibly see another outcome? Either way I rather enjoyed it, as much as I enjoyed Old Souls and Neverbloom. Worlds Apart is very interesting album through out, but here I feel we are back to another story element. Besides the whole thing Sean mentioned with books of "How to Survive..." within the title. 

• Upvote 1

Other Releases by

damn!!, the album is so good!

Holy shit, Falling Ashes is fucking insane!

I dont want to over hype it, but it's a 1 listen aoty for me right now

• Upvote 1

I thought Erase Me was going to be one of my favorites, but now it's certainly not. It's that non-single amazing.

I caved and listened. This gets a big fat "eh" from me. Pretty much what I expected after hearing 4 singles and only liking one of them. It has some moments, Falling Ashes is fun, but overall I think their current sound is so much less interesting than what they were doing on Old Souls. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

im like three tracks in and this really just sounds dated as fuck, like some progcore record coming outta 2014/15

and christ that chorus on bones reeks of butt rock lmfao

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 10

This is the most overrated band on KL right now lmaoo. To be honest, I enjoyed Hollowed Heart more than this album. Nothing special except 2 songs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, ErkvtCvlt said:

This is the most overrated band on KL right now lmaoo. To be honest, I enjoyed Hollowed Heart more than this album. Nothing special except 2 songs. 

I mean, does something need to be special to be good? And this hype isn't just on KL

Just now, Dancing in the Dust said:

I mean, does something need to be special to be good? And this hype isn't just on KL

no it just needs to be good and this isnt

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, 100%Lamp said:

I didn't comment on the quality of the music, so not sure why you felt the need to reply to me with this comment, but it is a public space so oh well 

18 minutes ago, 100%Lamp said:

simple as that 

• Upvote 3

Lmao hollowed heart aint even on the album lmfao

43 minutes ago, 100%Lamp said:

im like three tracks in and this really just sounds dated as fuck, like some progcore record coming outta 2014/15

and christ that chorus on bones reeks of butt rock lmfao

U understand 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ive always loved MTS but after their last album i was falling off the train, but i started jammin that album more and started liking it. And recently theyve brought back the intensity and this album is just great

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

The non-singles are far superior to most of the singles and yet this as a whole I feel will never reach the heights of Worlds Apart. As great as tracks like Falling Ashes, Fake Your Own Death, How To Survive A Funeral, C'est La Vie are, the rest is of fairly mixed quality and I feel like the songwriting on their last three albums is far superior as a whole. Would say this is a grower but the more I hear tracks like Erase Me the less I enjoy those forced in Booka choruses and song structure/songwriting as a whole, doesn't help that a lot of the urgency of their past few albums is really lost in these types of songs as well. The Attendant was a nice change of pace but god is is too long and gets madly repetitive by the end. A lot of the songs just feel more subdued and half the time it feels like i'm listening to a "heavy" MTS song where I know they're not giving it their all, which wasn't really the case on any WA or Old Souls track.

Instead of giving us Worlds Apart and more they gave us Worlds Apart and less, shame.

• Upvote 2

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Thanks 

Not familiar with them but looks like I'll have to listen to this

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

There's no pay off for listening through the whole album as you had with previous albums. All the song by themselves are great but this seems to lack structure of previous MTS albums (unless I'm missing it). The closer doesn't seem as grandest as previous albums too which is a shame.

I do really like it despite those negatives; Bones, Erase Me and Fake Your own Death will probably end up being some of my favourite MTS songs. 

• Upvote 3

klsig.png.3267830764a221b632f399d63c5c2267.png

Sad to see that Hollowed Heart is not on this... For me, it's better than any song on that record. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Why Nolin? said:

Cool, people complained about TGI leaking 4 days in advance just because they had an accident in their past. This is their second album in a row thag leaked over a month in advance and nobody bats an eye. Fuck you guys.

Fuck you too Daddy UwU

You also literally said the reason people were angry, the contextual reason, which this album doesn't have. I'mma be that guy: emotions towards certain circumstances dictate people's responses 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Joseph said:

There's no pay off for listening through the whole album as you had with previous albums. All the song by themselves are great but this seems to lack structure of previous MTS albums (unless I'm missing it). The closer doesn't seem as grandest as previous albums too which is a shame.

I do really like it despite those negatives; Bones, Erase Me and Fake Your own Death will probably end up being some of my favourite MTS songs. 

As much as I like the closer it makes the album end quite uncharacteristically for MTS.

• Upvote 1

let me in.

8c1R5CB.gif

Man I hope this leaking so early doesn't fuck their sales up - gonna make sure to get a preorder in

• Love 2

only had one song by them ('the first movement' on worlds away) so decided to grab worlds away, old souls, neverbloom until this is 320

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

Cant wait for the 320. Going to wait until I dive in.

Why do things get CD ripped in 128kbps in the first place what is this like 2008 again?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

The people in here posting “320 when?????” Or “gonna wait till 320” are just as bad as the ones constantly begging for this leak, just be grateful that their album leaked super early AGAIN, and wait patiently for the quality update that will be coming soon 

• Upvote 4

I genuinely enjoy only Drown With Me, How To Survive A Funeral (probably one of my favorite MTS songs) and The Attendant which is a really nice change of pace. There were some hints of their roots mixed with the more metalcore approach like on Falling Ashes and Fake Your Own Death. That's Just Life felt more like intro in the first part but once the very lovely guitars around 1:29 started and accompanied you throughout the whole song (something that I wish was present on the entire album) made this a very pleasant closure. 

In conclusion, I probably ruined this album for myself, since Worlds Apart set the bar too high for me. I was expecting similar and even better technical riffage and guitar work that was present on Worlds Apart (Hollowed Heart set a perfect example of that) , but it inherited only those ethereal sounds of Booka with Sean's nasty vocals. Choruses got also significantly worse and the general structure of the songs is not that great either. Would have to relisten to their discography again to rank this adequately but it's not as good as Worlds Apart and slightly worse than Neverbloom as well

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1