Chief

Currents - The Way It Ends (2020)

114 posts in this topic

@Ad0492 I'm ready for Burt Tomorrow too man!!! Lol jk :D

Other Releases by

Loathe, Polaris, Invent Animate, The Amity, ABR, Trivium, TGI & Currents out here making 2020 some how great in terms of music

• Upvote 1

@ggl3dde Oh definitely, I think they should've saved at least Poverty of Self and Second Skin for the album cause they gave me the wrong idea of it, which is fine cause I love me some cleans and softer work. But this feels shallow and uninspired? I don't know, I am happy the rest are enjoying it though.

Wow Currents :D

Another dub. Absolutely amazing album <3 . 2020 may suck but musically it doesnt suck

• Upvote 1

tumblr_mb34zsMLZ51r74zpdo1_500.gif

Currents new album drops the same month as The Last Of Us 2, 2020 kinda getting better oh and BTW this album is perfection, I fucking love every second of it ❤️

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH

Me between this and TGI

sb.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck yeah, this is what I've been waiting for. thank you @guywithamango

6 hours ago, The Solution said:

Why is this band so overlooked? They continue to put out solid tracks.

Do you not see how many people are cumming over this band (me included) right now?

This is so different to TPIFS, but man. I cant stop listen to this masterpiece.

'Never there' keeps you up into another Level. Kill the Ache is killing me every time i listen to this Song 

7 hours ago, Evanwiger said:

Gonna wait for dat Insturmental 

wh....what? Who the hell waits for an instrumental version before listening to the actual album? lmfao

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

went through a br00tal breakup and this album

is fucking perfect to help process it. not sure if it's an AOTY contender considering polaris, loathe, dgd, and amity, but definitely reaaal fucking good

• Upvote 1

I know this opinion isn't going to be popular, but even as a big fan of metalcore for 15+ years I haven't been able to get into this band. They sound pretty good, talented dudes, but i've heard absolutely nothing special from any of their music and they seem very mediocre and don't stand out in any way. I'm gonna download the album and give it a try or two to see if that changes but I don't have the highest expectations. 

4 hours ago, Ad0492 said:

Damn son... I feel so happy and content people are liking this cause I want them to be massive, even more so than now. Crazy emotions throughout the album, TPIFS is dark and groovy, but this in comparison is no less. Such an amazing album. Fucking hell this years AOTY is going to be super tight with Currents, Loathe, Invent Animate, Bleed From Within, Burt Tomorrow, The Ghost Inside, Veil Of Maya, Volumes, Holding Absence, Silent Planet, Vildhjarta, BMTH. Thanks KL

Sadly VOM said in an interview the album is coming out til early 2021 :/ guitarist confirmed it.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, lucydebaerien said:

went through a br00tal breakup and this album

is fucking perfect to help process it. not sure if it's an AOTY contender considering polaris, loathe, dgd, and amity, but definitely reaaal fucking good

I havent listened to this yet but Im a major fan of TPIFTS. IMO Polaris put out such a solid record but it didnt really do much different. I havent listened to Loath. DGD was amazing but didnt top mothership (still better than artificial selection though). The new Amity on the other hand was mostly terrible. The single was good but theres so much repetition in every other song and I just wanst a fan. But all these bands are definitely top of their genre for metalcore/posthardcore goodness. 

• Upvote 2

Where is the flac? these are m4a files?

It's a good album, but sadly I overpraised them. Singles are still hot tho, Better Days is straight banger but Let Me Leave and How I Fall Apart are skippable like B-side songs for me. Maybe the message is strong, but musically it's just boring type of metalcore. Much groove, many good breakdowns, but yeah there is lack of something as a whole album. Monsters is still best track on the album. Does it top debut? For me yes. Does it top EP? No, not even close. It's still 8,5-9/10 album, but I expected it to be perfect. Well I'll go with Loathe this year for sure as an metalcore album (and most likely AOTY). Now I'm just curious if Alpha Wolf will release better album than this?

tumblr_o45vtdEIn41v0de1po1_500.gif

Amazing album

2 hours ago, Venomborn said:

wh....what? Who the hell waits for an instrumental version before listening to the actual album? lmfao

Not a huge fan of the cleans. Already heard half the album with the numerous singles. Im more of a fan of the Insturmental aspect of the band nowadays. U mad bro lmao

• Haha 1

Damn, so I’m going to be honest and say I’m pretty underwhelmed by this album. I liked the singles for the most part but the rest of the album just didn’t do it for me. I don’t hate it by any means but I feel like these are like b-side tracks. You can hate on me all you want. Currents is one of my favorite bands. I’m not a troll. I just honestly think this is a few steps down from how amazing The Place I Feel Safest was. Unfortunately I wouldn’t put this on my AOTY contenders. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

PSP JEsus.gif

6 minutes ago, Frak The Gods said:

Damn, so I’m going to be honest and say I’m pretty underwhelmed by this album. I liked the singles for the most part but the rest of the album just didn’t do it for me. I don’t hate it by any means but I feel like these are like b-side tracks. You can hate on me all you want. Currents is one of my favorite bands. I’m not a troll. I just honestly think this is a few steps down from how amazing The Place I Feel Safest was. Unfortunately I wouldn’t put this on my AOTY contenders. 

I honestly feel kind of the same. I absolutely love Currents but hesited to give my feedback cause it is mostly mixed, just as you.

Only Better Days, aside from singles, is really a killer track to me.

Perhaps it will grow on me over time.

• Upvote 1

I love everything these guys have done so far but nothing they do ever sticks for me straight away, not sure why. It always takes me numerous listens to sit back and realise just how much I like it. I expect this to be no different 

Creak - Recluse

CREAK - RECLUSE:

https://youtu.be/PNpX2jiYYLU

FFO: LOATHE, LOTUS EATER, ALPHA WOLF

lastfm_black.gif.91f8144a457ece93c6601c67606c1d82.gif

Currents best album :D

never listened to this band bout to check it out after i listen to END

Like I’m sure some of you have, I have been listening to these guys for quite awhile and it’s been interesting to see them progress as well as change since the days with their original vocalist. That being said, I was really looking forward to this album and I enjoy it, but I my doesn’t satisfy my personal interests and musical taste like “I Let The Devil In.” It’s important for a band to play music for themselves and grow together as a band which more often than not leads to experimentation and changes. I think that is what we are seeing here with this album.

rsz_1tapestry1000x-pad750x1000f8f8f8u1.jpg

This was my first time listening to them. Generally not a metalcore fan and this was heavier than my taste. I thought every song (except never there & poverty of self) was at least pretty good. The choruses were decent and they carried the songs, but overall too much screaming that didnt land for me (i love underoath and screaming bands, but this felt like screaming for screaming's sake and never changed melody)...I can't say I enjoyed it as much as everyone else seems to. I think Monsters is the best track. Overall I liked it more than i thought, but still wasn't rated highly. The Ghost Inside had a similar platform in that I dont really listen to them and I much prefer their album with a similar sound. I see this as depth music at most; not much revisiting here.

Through love frequency I vibe into your scope

Assuming your parameters

Encompassed and unknown

More varied that the singles made me think it would be. I don't think it beats out TPIFS or the EP but it's closer than I thought it would be. I prefer the melodic stuff, so tracks like Kill The Ache really hit the sweet spot for me. Second Skin held on to the best chorus, I think. That thing just soars. Overall my first impression is positive and it will almost certainly grow with repeat listens. I was ready to be disappointed so this is a relief.

These guys are very solid, without a doubt. And very underrated.

For me, it must be something personal, because I've never seem to connect or enjoy their music as much as I should do (Yes, I am pretty retarded)
Let's see how this album feels.

In love. Very emotional record. For sure It will be in my AOTY list. 

Architects ambient mixed with Northlane bounce turned up a notch. Love it!